Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Aventador S / 600 LT Spyder / S63 AMG Cab
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the plain black plastic covers over the engine bay of my car, I want to replace these with the glass slats that I have been offered at a discount from a salvage breakers.
The seller offering the parts do not work on, or do any fitting on any cars.
Anyone on here know if the plastic covers can be straight swapped for the glass engine covers?
Also having a look at the covers I cannot work how they are fitted on (possibly glued / securly bonded on?)
Any help with this greatly appreciated! :D
They are still very costly from the salvage garage so I may even contact a glass making company to have them made using my current plastic covers as a template, but I cannot see how to get them off.
Car Automotive lighting White Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you....that is a shame. I will not mess about with it.
I will give it a miss, unless I can get the whole rear bonnet attached with the glass for a straight swap.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes but all striped down, they are selling the slats seperately as glass only and without the engine cover.
And they wont work on cars, is a shame as only 40 min drive down the road, will call the boss later today for a chat but they didnt really seem to want to help.
I wouldn't have thought there are many enquiries regarding used aventador parts, but who knows!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A good contrast on the yellow car, on my black car the slats just look a bit cheap plasticy looking, as a totally different dull black on the slats, compared to the gloss black colour of the car.
I have tried two different glass makers, both didn't want to know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts