Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know the paddles on the gallardo are very small and I wanted to change them to longer style paddles of the aventador or huracan - to make it easier to shift when in a corner - I know KLA do a set however they don’t make them anymore and I couldn’t get hold of a set after trying for around 3 months - I bought a pair of carbon fibre aventador paddles and I went about retrofitting them to my gallardo superleggera…

Hand Bicycle handlebar Wood Pliers Eyewear

Hand tool Wood Font Tool Bicycle part

Speedometer Gauge Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

there was a lot of fiddling about and I had to slightly modify the bracket so the paddles would sit further forward as if they were installed as a direct replacement the paddles touched the indicator and wiper stalks - I had got good clearance between the stalks however when I got the wheel on I felt like that paddles sat too close to the wheel so I had to take it all off and then make adjustments to get a happy medium between the stalks and the wheel - took a few time however I have got it to a point I’m very happy with.

Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Car Automotive design

Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Tachometer

Vehicle Plant Car Wheel Motor vehicle

Having the perfect clearance between the wheel and the paddles I felt was more important than having the perfect clearance between the paddles and the stalks.
I knew if anything I much prefer the look of these paddles in my SL matching all the carbon - however they also work perfectly.

I do have some video of the paddles working and the clearance etc however not sure how to up load!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks great! Would love to hear more about the modifications you had to make to adjust the paddle position.
The bracket they come on sit straight so just needed to modify the bracket for them to sit slightly at an angle.. then it was a bit fiddly to re install it like this but wasn’t too difficult-

Wood Sleeve Font Art Electric blue

This pic above was actually too much of an angle - with this the paddles actually sat a bit too close to the steering wheel for my liking - unfortunately I didn’t take a pic of the angle that I ended up with.

I actually got a pair of Huracan paddles too - however they are a lot bigger than the aventador paddles and didn’t look right…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts