Lamborghini Talk banner

Aventador on a QuickJack

616 6
I knew I needed to bleed the brakes as I have no idea when they were last done. And I knew I needed to be able to get the car up to get the wheels off, so I bought a quickjack!

The darn A is so low and the lift points so specific with the rest of the frame all hidden with panels underneath, it was going to be a royal PITA to get the A up in the air on the lift.

Well the quickjack just fit under the car. To be fair I did have to put a 2x4 under the front wheel to fit the quickjack with the lifting rubber blocks on the lift points.

As the quickjack has a rotational movement, at the start of the lifting movement, I got scared as the rear part of the car felt heavy! But at full rotation, it was solid.

Other than the stress of taking the wheels off (with wheel hangers) and not hitting the ceramic rotors, bleeding was a breeze.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I back up the rear tires of my car on 2"x10" ramps I built (2 stacked 2"x10"), then with a mini jack I raise the front and like you put some wood under the front wheels. Then I can push the quick jacks underneath. By the way I built my own brackets to add wheels for the jacks so I can easily manoeuvre them into place.

When I park the car in the garage I climb the back end on the wood ramps and store the quick jacks underneath the car.

Wood Automotive tire Floor Flooring Hardwood

Musical instrument Electronic instrument Hood Audio equipment Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have quickjack too and when I first setting up the jack I was facing the same jack point issue. The problem solved after I just simply put a 1 inch wood plank under each tire. BTW, when I first jacking uo my car I noticed the front of the car was tipping up and almost lost balance. And then I understand why because quick jack was design over regular car(engine in the front) means you should put the jacks in reverse position(180 degree turn around) because Aventador's engine is located in the back so the weight will spray out evenlyand fits the quickjack design.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great idea on adding wheels to the QuickJacks. They are a bit difficult to maneuver around, due to the size and weight. Do you take the wheels off once the QuickJacks are in place so that there is not too much concentrated weight on the wheels/garage floor?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Great idea on adding wheels to the QuickJacks. They are a bit difficult to maneuver around, due to the size and weight. Do you take the wheels off once the QuickJacks are in place so that there is not too much concentrated weight on the wheels/garage floor?
The wheels are on all the time, as soon as the lift activates the wheels rotate up with the lift and do not touch the ground. Without the wheels it's near impossible to push the jacks into place.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Bumper Hood

1 - 7 of 7 Posts