Lamborghini Talk banner

Aventador Models

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  afmemphis 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I’m in the market for an aventador, I was looking at the S, and the SV in particular as they fit my budget. Originally was interested in the SVJ, but they’re commanding 700k+ Canadian, which is too much for me. I might be interested in an SVJ when prices fall, but what are your guys thoughts on the different models, and which would you guys suggest for a first time aventador buyer?

#2 ·
Hopefully an owner pitches in, as I can only go based on knowledge from others..

Inclined to skip over pre-S since you could just get an S, but I'll mention that if you consider them 2011-2012 is considered troublesome year ranges for issues.

I'd recommend the S for the best overall Aventador experience, the SV is more raw than refined and I would only recommend that if you intend to drive sparingly and have a mind to keep for resale down the line as it will hold its own premium.

Hope you find your answer.

#3 ·
Finding a SV in Canada will be tough. A lot of the SV's were sold to the US so there's not many left and the ones that are left are command big money.

I've driven the SV, S and own a SVJ. Personally I'm not fan of the AV S, I don't like the styling but it's a better drives car compared to the SV. Also the RWS on the S makes a big difference. The SV is more raw, looks incredible and is more special.

#10 ·
Finding a SV in Canada will be tough. A lot of the SV's were sold to the US so there's not many left and the ones that are left are command big money.

I've driven the SV, S and own a SVJ. Personally I'm not fan of the AV S, I don't like the styling but it's a better drives car compared to the SV. Also the RWS on the S makes a big difference. The SV is more raw, looks incredible and is more special.
I do agree with you I’m not a fan of the S’s looks, I would much prefer a more aggressive look like the SV or SVJ. Like you mentioned SV’s are scarce on the Canadian market, which is why I was even considering an S in the first place. I honestly love the SVJ, but it’s just that I can’t justify spending the extra 200k+ over the S and the SV. I’m hoping the SVJ’s drop in value by next year, and if that’s the case I’ll just jump into one of those.

#8 ·
Question:

Have you owned an exotic before? if so which ones?

This will help in your decision

AVS is more refined, easier to drive, easier on your back lol, the AVSV is a brute, a large muscular Bull that is trying to kill you, it's raw in every way and to me the reason why you buy an exotic, but that is not for everyone.

Pics below will explain a S vs SV 😎

VS

#12 ·
I’ve owned a 2014 audi r8, 2017 audi r8 spyder, 2014 458 italia, and currently have a 2018 570S spider. Loved all these cars, but they are a bit too smooth to drive imo. Hence why I want to go with something much more aggressive like the AV, and certainly the SV.

#14 ·
I own an Aventador S, love it. Before this I had a Huracan and before that a Gallardo. The Aventador is hands down better than those two. This S and the all-wheel-steering is really nice, it's just a good quality car. I was trying to look at SVs but all of them sold before I could even see them. I like to drive a lot of miles so I picked this S anyway. This cluch only shifts fast if you're in CORSA and have it floored. At first I thought something was wrong with my clutch, but nope, it only shifts fast when racing. I love these doors over the Huracan, makes a world of difference. I'm also 6'4" and was right in the Huracan, this one is a little tight also. I hate that the turn signal hits my knee, the Huracan had that button on the steering wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.