Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Live is FL, and yesterday decided to go for a ride before the storm hit today. Car felt normal and indicators (Oil and coolant Temp) were good but when was adding air to tires and after the ride you could literally feel the heat coming off the car. For example, just putting the valve stem cover on you almost burnt your hand from the radiator air flow. A new feature seems (2x time now) is the raising of the wing once I park it in the garage (assume due to heat). Are others having similar experiences. It was hot at 94 degrees and high humidity but am getting nervous am over heating the car. It there a cool down procedure to follow once pulling back into the garage (no airflow)?

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts
yes, this happened to me in Chicago a few times...I wouldn't worry about it!

·
Premium Member
2020 Aventador SVJ
2 Posts
Live is FL, and yesterday decided to go for a ride before the storm hit today. Car felt normal and indicators (Oil and coolant Temp) were good but when was adding air to tires and after the ride you could literally feel the heat coming off the car. For example, just putting the valve stem cover on you almost burnt your hand from the radiator air flow. A new feature seems (2x time now) is the raising of the wing once I park it in the garage (assume due to heat). Are others having similar experiences. It was hot at 94 degrees and high humidity but am getting nervous am over heating the car. It there a cool down procedure to follow once pulling back into the garage (no airflow)?
Absolutely normal behaviour. When I had my Aventador S in the south of France during summer, every time I would park it in my small garage after a proper drive, it would raise the wing and stay that way when switching ignition off. Now that I have traded it for an SVJ, no more wing raising ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love the SV-J, .................... Some day in the future. Thank you all for the replies

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wondering if the radiators from SVJ (or any larger than OEM radiators for the matter) could be fitted into 2012-2017 Aventador models.

Could really help with the cooling.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in Orlando, I removed and plugged the vacuum lines to the exhaust valves and the car oil temp runs about 75-100 degrees c cooler and the wing no longer stays up due to heat. Car is loud, sounds great, but definitely runs alot cooler and oil looks brand new when I change it. (2017 avs)

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Try and get the Accessori Originali Racing Radiator (Auxiliary Radiator) kit. Works like a charm.

Also, there are quite a few Technical Service Bulletins make sure you check with the dealer for this and see if this applies to your car:

1. L73X-A.09.17 - Installation of Metal Water Expansion Tank
2. L73X-T.08.19 - Cold Junction Replacement and Repositioning

There is also, an Upgrade of Air Duct and replacement of Radiators with Bigger Radiators, seem to have misplaced the TSB number for this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts