Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Liberty Walk Aventador Roadster, LP Gallardo Perf (Sold), 04 Gated Gallardo (Sold)
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all!

I am building a Liberty Walk Aventador in the coming months and I have been a bit stuck on the exhaust. Gintani makes an insane F1 system and they also made the exhaust for the only other LB Aventador in America (the new kit).

I have heard that Brilliant has a better system but I need a custom one to fit my car so it looks like I am moving on the Gintani system.

The current plan is to get the Gintani exhaust and get O2 spacers for the CEL, I saw Lambo Jesus has the Brilliant exhaust with O2 sensors and he has not had any problems. I don't care to make more power, just want longevity. Does this plan make sense?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
Aventador S / 600 LT Spyder / S63 AMG Cab
43 Posts
Just to add, my UK car (2017 S model) always had a cel light coming on constantly - even with the standard exhaust.
I now have the brilliant exhaust added, but also with the 02 spacers and the cel light has only come on once, but then cleared again after turning off/on. I would get the spacers, no matter what exhaust you put on.

·
Registered
Liberty Walk Aventador Roadster, LP Gallardo Perf (Sold), 04 Gated Gallardo (Sold)
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If you calibrate the ECU monitoring of the secondary O2 is disabled already so why would you run O2 spacers.
Not sure if I’m understanding your question but I’ll get a CEL because of no cats and I do not want to tune the car. O2 spacers are to take care of the CEL while running factory tune

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to add, my UK car (2017 S model) always had a cel light coming on constantly - even with the standard exhaust.
I now have the brilliant exhaust added, but also with the 02 spacers and the cel light has only come on once, but then cleared again after turning off/on. I would get the spacers, no matter what exhaust you put on.
Thanks for the input. What spacers do you have? I’m thinking I’ll run Fabspeed spacers because I saw that Lambo Jesus uses them in his setup.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I though you were thinking of getting a ECU calibration.
At first I was going to get a Gintani tune but after hearing some things I’m trying to avoid tuning all together. I want the F1 noise and no CEL, hence the current plan to stick with factory tune and O2 spacers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
At first I was going to get a Gintani tune but after hearing some things I’m trying to avoid tuning all together. I want the F1 noise and no CEL, hence the current plan to stick with factory tune and O2 spacers.
I just ordered the Gintani tune and exhaust combo - curious to hear what you heard about the tunes ? I have heard some mixed reviews but ultimately was assured that the tunes aren't aggressive and it will be fine. Cant seem to find any negative reviews about the tunes online either, just word of mouth but am very curious to learn more about the negative (if any) affects of the Gintani tune

·
Vendor
17 Posts
remember air/fuel mixture will be super rich without cats, you can't achieve normal exhaust temperature once cats are bypassed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
remember air/fuel mixture will be super rich without cats, you can't achieve normal exhaust temperature once cats are bypassed.
That is what Gintani told me but I was also told from another source that I do not need a tune because the ECU will make the necessary adjustments on its own. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you have Fabspeed O2 spacers? How long have you been running them?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I got some spacers from the UK, I was in between fabspeed and generic. went with something with the same functionality at 1/10 of the cost. so far so good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts