Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm a new member to the forum. Just collected my new to me A last week. The car was driving fine for about 200 miles until one drive where it began skipping past first gear shortly after leaving home. When it finally went into first gear it got stuck, then "Gearbox Malfunction - Limited Performance" appeared on the dash. I pulled over to restart the car, didn’t start. Later it popped into neutral and fired up, all the gears were functioning fine as I drove it home. Haven’t driven it since. Any idea what could be happening?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sounds similar to the Red A that was on youtube with the same problem. The guy got rid of it recently and moved to a H. Sorry to here you are having issues.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
That's not a nice thing to happen, although I cannot give you any definitive answers I'm sure you can find out from a Lamborghini Tech. It might be an easy fix since you were able to drive away with the ISR transmission still able to function normally again. What MY/mileage on your AV? I know there were mods on early model AV's that fixed issues related to the tranny.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum!
That's not a nice thing to happen, although I cannot give you any definitive answers I'm sure you can find out from a Lamborghini Tech. It might be an easy fix since you were able to drive away with the ISR transmission still able to function normally again. What MY/mileage on your AV? I know there were mods on early model AV's that fixed issues related to the tranny.
'14 with 7000miles, unfortunately there's no lambo dealer within 200miles of the car. I drove the car round the block today (strada A) and ran it through all the gears, which were functioning but the light is still there. My buddy told me to do this 3-4 times and the light should be gone

·
Registered
595 Posts
'14 with 7000miles, unfortunately there's no lambo dealer within 200miles of the car. I drove the car round the block today (strada A) and ran it through all the gears, which were functioning but the light is still there. My buddy told me to do this 3-4 times and the light should be gone
A '14 will have access to the software mods (whereas the '12 did not) which is why I asked. 7k miles is low so I doubt it's serious, maybe a phone call to your dealer to find out if mods for your car are available and they can punch in the VIN and find out if it's been done already, plus they will have some answers to your issue I'm sure.

·
Registered
920 Posts
An ordinary OBD2 scanner does not allow you to clear the mulfunction light. I encountered this situation when I had tried to turn on my car with a low voltage battery. I was able to clear the code with a VAS5094 equipment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A '14 will have access to the software mods (whereas the '12 did not) which is why I asked. 7k miles is low so I doubt it's serious, maybe a phone call to your dealer to find out if mods for your car are available and they can punch in the VIN and find out if it's been done already, plus they will have some answers to your issue I'm sure.
Okay I will see what my tech says in the morning. I'm getting the car picked up tmo, will know whats wrong soon. Thank you all, I really appreciate the help!

·
Registered
595 Posts
good news though that it's just a sensor, I really didn't think with those miles you'd be dealing with a major transmission failure...
Which sensor was it?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Can you tell us what sensor was replaced?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts