Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just about to complete purchase of a 2015 Aventador Roadster. I would love to get a aftermarket rear wing/spoiler to make the rear end a bit more aggressive.

I am looking for a spoiler with a base (so it avoid me having to drill holes in the existing wing). However, I can't figure out what happens when the wing naturally goes up after hitting a certain speed. Does that mean the base lifts up too with the aftermarket spoiler or is there a button that prevents the base from lifting up when there is an aftermarket spoiler installed?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
73 Posts
The aftermarket wing will still raise up, making a double spoiler, unless you disable it. There are some cons to doing so, including that the engine can't vent heat as well. Some have replaced their rear bumper with the SV's more open (and aggressive) rear bumper. You can read more about all this here:

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
73 Posts
@CFI Designs - Quit teasing us with pics of the turbos and no update! Only kidding, though I am looking forward to hearing about the finished product whenever you're ready. Got smoked by a modified (I hope) GTR recently and would like to remedy that.

·
Registered
192 Posts
@CFI Designs - Quit teasing us with pics of the turbos and no update! Only kidding, though I am looking forward to hearing about the finished product whenever you're ready. Got smoked by a modified (I hope) GTR recently and would like to remedy that.
its moving along just nowhere near as fast as i would like. Theres a reason why only 1 other company has successfully turbod these cars, they are a big undertaking. Will keep you updated as i complete this :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,

So apart from cosmetic reasons of having a 'double spoiler' - are there any downsides to it? Is it going to affect handling?

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
73 Posts
Thanks guys,

So apart from cosmetic reasons of having a 'double spoiler' - are there any downsides to it? Is it going to affect handling?
It will likely affect handling at the limit, but I doubt you'd notice any difference driving around. I'm not aware of anyone putting the double spoiler through aero testing, but could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,152 Posts
There is a heat issue with deactivating the spoiler, but you can do the SV intakes with it to help with cooling. That's the cheapest way to go if you don't want to do a bumper conversion.

As far as what spoiler to pick, I think the SV spoiler look are the best looking on these cars.
20200803_112726.jpg

Reactions: BRU

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi Kratos, Man that car is looking great and, for those that don't know, he has upgraded it from an LP 700-4 to look like this!

My question is: do the SV vents fit into the LP700-4 roadster? AND does anyone have a matt plastic set for sale that are OEM?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just about to complete purchase of a 2015 Aventador Roadster. I would love to get a aftermarket rear wing/spoiler to make the rear end a bit more aggressive.

I am looking for a spoiler with a base (so it avoid me having to drill holes in the existing wing). However, I can't figure out what happens when the wing naturally goes up after hitting a certain speed. Does that mean the base lifts up too with the aftermarket spoiler or is there a button that prevents the base from lifting up when there is an aftermarket spoiler installed?

Thanks,
I have the carbon Novitec double wing and I unplugged the oem base wing....no issues of overheating in South Florida weather

random wing pic attached

Attachments

Reactions: Kratos

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
I have the carbon Novitec double wing and I unplugged the oem base wing....no issues of overheating in South Florida weather

random wing pic attached
You have any other body mods?

·
Registered
630 Posts
You have any other body mods?
Body is stock LP700 except for wing and carbon oem part replacements

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kratos

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Body is stock LP700 except for wing and carbon oem part replacements

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
That's good to know for the OP.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have an aftermarket spoiler on my S and yes it goes up and almost looks like a Scorpion when moving :D I wanted to disable it but was told not to do so as the air needs to circulate through there.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys, thanks for the responses.

Can someone show me what these ‘SV rear intakes’ (to prevent engine heating up with fixed spoiler) actually are?

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the responses.

Can someone show me what these ‘SV rear intakes’ (to prevent engine heating up with fixed spoiler) actually are?
20200119_165809.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are these air intakes different between coupe and roadster or are they interchangeable?

I can’t find any which are ‘Roadster’ ones.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Are these air intakes different between coupe and roadster or are they interchangeable?

I can’t find any which are ‘Roadster’ ones.

Thanks
Same.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Yes

1 - 20 of 20 Posts