Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received conflicting stories on the availability of a new Throw out bearing for a 1984 2-valve countach. I know the bearing is approximately $950.00 but is it still available? Thanks in advance Sincerely Vic

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Theye are available at the factory I am told.

I have been told by many people that parts are not available anymore, every time I have asked for a part it is with me within 10 days in Spain. Yet to discover one part they do not have.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Terry thanks for the reply on both issues, I have been a bit overwhelmed as of late because the car is apart due to the T/O bearing failure and the engine is completely apart due to metal shavings inside the oil passages during it's initial assembly.

Now everytime I here such stories about parts being obsolete I get ready for the next wave of bad news, I can't wait till this project is finished and I can drive and enjoy my car again.

Thanks much Sincerely Vic :wave:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Is the T/O bearing available only from the Lambo factory or also elsewhere?
Is it made by SKF? ***? Anybody knows what the manufacturer bearing number is?
I had the bearing replaced when I had my car at the factory for service so I am asking just for future reference. :)
Cheers,
Bjoern
QV#GLA12982

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I always suspected the TO Bearings were from some model Porsche, likely 930 Turbos, but I never did a comprehensive search to match them up.

Try Chad Bolles @ 803-798-3044 - W or 803-319-0615 - C

He has lists of all the early parts thru early Diablos that are still availible from the factory and a direct line to the Factory parts dept.

·
Registered
331 Posts
JRV said:
I always suspected the TO Bearings were from some model Porsche, likely 930 Turbos, but I never did a comprehensive search to match them up.

Try Chad Bolles @ 803-798-3044 - W or 803-319-0615 - C

He has lists of all the early parts thru early Diablos that are still availible from the factory and a direct line to the Factory parts dept.
JRV, Thanks for the info. I will keep it in mind.
Bjoern :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I believe I bought the last one in the US according to Chad. I grabbed it because it was the only one and didn't want to wait until the car was apart to find out if it was good or bad. Turns out mine wasn't bad. Keeping it as a spare.
Please let us know if you do find/get one!

Hang on..I'll check if there is a name on it.

OK, here it goes. Hard to read but I see:
F&S CyP KZI2-2
?3151 053 0?1(?)

I hope this help.

·
Registered
331 Posts
peter_k said:
I believe I bought the last one in the US according to Chad. I grabbed it because it was the only one and didn't want to wait until the car was apart to find out if it was good or bad. Turns out mine wasn't bad. Keeping it as a spare.

F&S CyP KZI2-2
?3151 053 0?1(?)

I hope this help.
FS equals manufacturer Fichtel und Sachs, Germany.
This is also the manufacturer of the original clutch disc.
http://www.sachs-ag.de/
Cheers,
Bjoern :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
peter_k said:

F&S CyP KZI2-2
?3151 053 0?1(?)

I hope this help.
Anybody who knows if this number corresponds with the numbers from a Porsche 930? :rolleyes:
Cheers,
Bjoern

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The bearing itself is fine, it is the housing or collar that broke. The clutch fork pulled the collar apart. Thanks for the information though I am sure it will be helpfull to others. Sincerely Vic

1 - 17 of 17 Posts