Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this? It's a fraction of the cost of Lara and according to the documentation supports E-gear clutch reading, calibration, bleeding etc.
It would be nice to have in my garage for any future projects that I would take on since I like wrenching myself.

I'd like to know if anyone has used it, and is the gearbox module what the documentation says it does before I pull the trigger.

EI21 Enhanced Lamborghini Expansion - autoenginuity

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm going with the Rosstech Hex-net stuff when I need a computer interface.

And no, I haven't tried this.
I have the Rosstech VCDS. After using tools like Bavarian Technic and Durametric the VCDS is something of a let down. It is nowhere near as intuitive, and as far as I've been able to tell, as capable.
Checking out that AutoEnginuity tool, it looks to be more useful than the VCDS, but you definitely pay for it. $1,500 for the base setup needed + the additional manufacturer modules.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I’m not sure if VCDS is the same as Hex-net, but there are HUGE differences in the different models Rosstech sells.

So huge, in fact, that others are pretty much useless as you describe VCDS to be.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the Rosstech VCDS. After using tools like Bavarian Technic and Durametric the VCDS is something of a let down. It is nowhere near as intuitive, and as far as I've been able to tell, as capable.
Checking out that AutoEnginuity tool, it looks to be more useful than the VCDS, but you definitely pay for it. $1,500 for the base setup needed + the additional manufacturer modules.
The proline tools do not have a demo for the Lamborghini line of software but I do have a contact that was given to me who’s a software engineer over there, before I pull the trigger I’ll ask him a few questions. The total comes out to 3,000 including the cables and Lambo addition.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I’m not sure if VCDS is the same as Hex-net, but there are HUGE differences in the different models Rosstech sells.

So huge, in fact, that others are pretty much useless as you describe VCDS to be.
VCDS is the software. Hexnet is the hardware which is what I have. Hexnet is the only one that will work with Lambos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.