·
Registered
182 Posts
Nothing as far as I know..

Reactions: Dud

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi guys, other than the price, can somebody tell me the difference between a grey import and an AUS delivered Gallardo. Thanks in advance
As far as we know on LP Gallardos, Lamborghini only made three market specs: US, Canada and Europe. We believe all cars sold outside of the US and Canada are Euro spec. If you don't try to import a US or Canadian car you should be fine.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Pre LP grey imports in Australia are notorious for having been "clocked". They have unreasonably low mileage.
I thought a Lamborghini dealer could check this easily as it’s written into a few places in electronically making near on impossible to do?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I suspect not an issue in the US. In Australia these cars came from RHD markets of UK and Japan. Generally the official Lambo dealers would not service them and for quite some time in NSW there was no official Lambo rep as the business went into liquidation. I am only reporting what my Indie garage (who services many of the older Lambos in Sydney) told me. I have known him for over 20 years and he knows the scene intimately and has seen many dodgy cars.

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
135 Posts
My SE is one of six aussie delivered cars first registered Jan 2007 - would love to track down the other aussie SE's - I think they were all E-Gears

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think there is a black se and green one also in Perth

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have a grey import from Singapore (2004 E Gear) in Australia for about 10 years and it's been great! Usual small problems, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a "grey" especially as they tend to be cheaper. About a year ago I had an air conditioning problem that my usual guy tried, but couldn't fix. Took it to Lamborghini Sydney and they were flawless - no mention was made by them or me that it was a grey. They are DEFINITELY the BEST to fix these cars BUT they are expensive $265 p/h + GST BUT PREMIUM service.and know the cars intimately. Just my 2 cents worth

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not sure if the black one is adm or not. It has scissor doors

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think there is also one Arancio manual SE in the WA club aswell

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
135 Posts
There is a import late 2004 Blue manual coupe for sale now here in Perth current owner bought it from Victoria at the start of the year - He wants $150k for it. Very slightly negoitable on that price. PM if you are in the market.
cheers

·
Registered
243 Posts
Great to see a few other Aussies here. I've had an LP 550-2 since 2014 and still love the thing. Also have an old 2008 GT3 Reiter LP 530 race car and still like that beast. They are an addictive car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts