Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bringing the HP in tomorrow for an audio upgrade. I have the base system in there now.

Lambo uses very heavy compression at high volumes, to avoid distortion and breakup I assume - and it's very noticeable, so I'm wondering if it's a function of the amp or the infotainment preamp or, are the speakers self-powered with an amp piggybacked on them?

We're changing the speakers, adding a multi-channel amp and will add the two drivers to the rear in the OEM cavities.

I want to make sure the compression issue doesn't follow the upgrade. I know there are many ways around that, but was curious if anyone has done an upgrade and if so, how you got around the compression issue.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just keep it simple and you will have no issues. I would use a Jl Audio Fix86 to integrate to the oem system. A lot of people love to sell you on these expensive DSP units and what not. Everyone of those damn things always gives noise in the system. I always tell people to keep it simple.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's an Audiotech Fisher Match UP 7BMW with a modified harness to fit a Huracan.

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/match/amplifiers/up-7bmw

We're installing (all Hertz Audio) 1 1/8" tweeters up front, 8" drivers in the doors, and 5 1/4" drivers in the rear. Everything goes in the OEM cavities behind the OEM grills. The amp fits under the cluster, out of sight.

The Match is fully a configurable DSP amp, done through a Windows Laptop. I've had these amps before and the work beautifully.

The system is built and designed specifically for an OEM upgrade path using the stock infotainment system.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm curious to see how things turn out with your upgrade. Please post your impressions after you're done, and if you're willing to, let us know roughly how much it ends up costing.

I'd also like to know if the final result loses or gains any functionality through the OEM user interface. For example, the iPhone music interface on my '16 H is "okay", but not great (for some reason, before I can access music on the phone that's plugged into the 30 pin connector, I have to manually start the Music app on the phone).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please let me know how the upgrade goes as well and the cost as I'm looking to do the same to my H b/c the standard system is garbage.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm curious to see how things turn out with your upgrade. Please post your impressions after you're done, and if you're willing to, let us know roughly how much it ends up costing.

I'd also like to know if the final result loses or gains any functionality through the OEM user interface. For example, the iPhone music interface on my '16 H is "okay", but not great (for some reason, before I can access music on the phone that's plugged into the 30 pin connector, I have to manually start the Music app on the phone).
It won't change the media player functionality, because it's Bluetooth connected to my Android phone, which does not require me to start the media player on the phone each time. I don't use the 30-pin connector, as it only actually works with IPhone. I expect it will make a dramatic difference in the sound however!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts