Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
Reactions: Vitveet

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Just what I need another temptation!
Russ are you still considering changing the exhaust on the EVO? Bottom line if it makes you enjoy the EVO more then just go ahead and do it!

Reactions: Michael15

Premium Member
Russ are you still considering changing the exhaust on the EVO? Bottom line if it makes you enjoy the EVO more then just go ahead and do it!
I鈥檓 sticking with the stock exhaust. Sure glad I didn鈥檛 rush into it. The difference is nominal and certainly not worth the price.

Premium Member
BTW, I am referring to the Akrapovi膰 system not being worth it. Other aftermarket systems might be another matter. But because I鈥檓 going to be selling this car I won鈥檛 be making any changes now.

Premium Member
100% agree.

What I do like about that video is it's treat for the eyes as much as the ears - the rear of the EVO is a total masterpiece IMHO and exactly what a Lambo should look like.
I honestly feel that way about the entire car from top to bottom. I do favor the more aggressive look of the front end of the RWD EVO over AWD, but regardless they are both a work of art.

Registered
@zedmtrappe Thanks for posting! IMO, the Akrapovic has a deeper tone and just sounds a little meaner. I doubt I'd pay the extra $$ for the Akrapovic but I do like the sound better than stock based on this limited video. I'm also shocked car alarms are not going off like crazy in that parking garage!!
Right! I was thinking the same thing. Or at least somebody coming out and complaining about the noise.

Registered
2022 Grigio Lynx EVO Spyder RWD on order
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Still a waste of money, IMO.
My ear tells me that one can discern 3 levels of tone with tha akra system, however the stock system only has a change once switching be out of strada and afterward sport and corsa are essentially the same. Both systems seem to top out with about the same amount of raspy bark in that enclosed environment. I would need to experience that in person prior to committing to the akra over stock as they are very similar. What if any dyno changes accompany the akra?

Premium Member
My ear tells me that one can discern 3 levels of tone with tha akra system, however the stock system only has a change once switching be out of strada and afterward sport and corsa are essentially the same. Both systems seem to top out with about the same amount of raspy bark in that enclosed environment. I would need to experience that in person prior to committing to the akra over stock as they are very similar. What if any dyno changes accompany the akra?
In person is the only way to make a decision, videos are never very accurate. And the real test is to actually drive one with the Akrapovic.

Premium Member
I will have my Fabspeed system on in a few weeks.
Will report back.
Will be interesting to see difference. I put a Fabspeed on my 2015 Huracan and it did make a nice improvement. When I got my Evo was planning to do same but found it sounded as good if not better. The only thing I would like to see different with exhaust will not be fixed by changing exhaust, it's the pops cutting out at a much lower threshold than Huracan did. Only way to change that is tune but not worth messing with warranty

Registered
Huracan Performante in Corsa mode is louder than the Evo version,in Sport both are quite the same.I can't said nothing at the moment for Akrapovic exhaust system,but I really don't believe that is louder than Performante factory exhaust

Registered
I鈥檓 sticking with the stock exhaust. Sure glad I didn鈥檛 rush into it. The difference is nominal and certainly not worth the price.
How many valves are in the OEM exhaust system? There is a sound difference in Sport and Corsa so they must have two banks of valves like the C8 does?

Premium Member
How many valves are in the OEM exhaust system? There is a sound difference in Sport and Corsa so they must have two banks of valves like the C8 does?
There are 2 valves on both the OEM and the Akrapovic exhaust.

Registered
There are 2 valves on both the OEM and the Akrapovic exhaust.
It looks like a valve on the Left and Right side so two valves, just like the Porsche Sport Exhaust where during the Strada the valve is shut and forces the exhaust through the muffler, then during Sport/Corsa the valve is opened so the exhaust essentially bypasses the muffler. How does the exhaust sound different for Sport vs Corsa?

Product Revolver Auto part Metal Machine

Premium Member
Sport & Corsa are not that different in sound. Corsa is slightly different at idle and it sounds a bit deeper. I started using Sport as my default because it will shift automatically before it hits the rev limiter. In corsa I would hit the limiter and I hate that feeling.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Agree with Russ, I don't notice that much of a difference or any difference in Sport verses Corsa.

Registered
Sport & Corsa are not that different in sound. Corsa is slightly different at idle and it sounds a bit deeper. I started using Sport as my default because it will shift automatically before it hits the rev limiter. In corsa I would hit the limiter and I hate that feeling.
Interesting, maybe in Corsa the idle RPM's are higher? Check it out the next time you cold start your car, go from Sport to Corsa and see if they jump up a bit. Also in Sport mode with street driving, you can slide the car a bit more which is always a bit more exciting. Thanks for the feedback

Registered
I was thinking the same thing about the difference between sport and Corsa being the rpm鈥檚 but wasn鈥檛 sure.

Premium Member
Interesting, maybe in Corsa the idle RPM's are higher? Check it out the next time you cold start your car, go from Sport to Corsa and see if they jump up a bit. Also in Sport mode with street driving, you can slide the car a bit more which is always a bit more exciting. Thanks for the feedback
Yes, exactly, I notice that the RPMs ramp up from Sport to Corsa and that might be the only difference,

21 - 40 of 47 Posts