Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2018 580-2 with only 112 miles. Looking at the APR site it says their flash tune will increase my car to Performante HP levels. 1 is that true and 2 is it worth the risk?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,506 Posts
I tuned my 2018 580 with Eurocharged tune and it was worth it to me. It made mine feel more like a 610 and improved the exhaust note.

Reactions: DXM31 and M22

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Does APR have a stage 2 tune? Eurocharged stage two is 642hp.
Also, who puts 112 miles on a three year old car??? 30+ miles are put on at the factory.
Ooops stage 2 is 670hp , stage 2 is 642.

·
Premium Member
17,506 Posts
These are pretty impressive numbers!

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
My vote:
I am conservative and certainly would not want to pay for an engine, trans or diff.
I would wait until your warranty has expired.

The pro of the pro/ con is drivability, as in my experience, some tunes smooth (In addition to HP increase et al) the power delivery and increase smiles per mile.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,600 Posts
^Agree. Your question was if it voids the warranty is it worth the risk, correct? To that end, a big fat no, because with many of these mods your only talking about an incremental improvement.

·
Premium Member
17,506 Posts
^Agree. Your question was if it voids the warranty is it worth the risk, correct? To that end, a big fat no, because with many of these mods your only talking about an incremental improvement.
I agree, it doesn’t seem practical to risk losing your warranty and if I do mine I will wait till it’s near the end of the warranty period. However on my 580 I did it after 1 year and when I would take the car into the dealership for service or any issue I simply removed the tune back to stock with the Genuis Handheld device.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,600 Posts
I guess what we all have to learn, me included, is to be satisfied with what we have because that is quite a bit right out of the gate so to speak. One other observation, and this is by no means a universal truth but my truth..........the cars will never have either enough horsepower or torque no matter what I (we) do. ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
You say it's a 2018 MY. How much warranty is left? If it was a brand new car with 3-4 years of warranty, I would wait maybe a year just to make sure I didnt get a Lemon.

These cars are reliable and the tune will make a significant difference on a 580-2. I would do it. APR is reputable. Their tune itself wont hurt your car.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,600 Posts
Besides seeing a glorious massive explosion, that sends the fire extinguisher in your frunk a couple hundred yards in the air... I really don’t see what can go wrong. Count me in!
Angel you have been infected by the "Lee" pessimism. You forgot the fire extinguisher would then land on the drivers head.................... 🤣

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You say it's a 2018 MY. How much warranty is left? If it was a brand new car with 3-4 years of warranty, I would wait maybe a year just to make sure I didnt get a Lemon.

These cars are reliable and the tune will make a significant difference on a 580-2. I would do it. APR is reputable. Their tune itself wont hurt your car.
It has only 8 months left of the warranty.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts