Lamborghini Talk banner

Are you gonna buy electric or hybrid Lamborghini models in the future?

• Electric

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Hybrid

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Gonna try before I buy

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Gonna get them all [Hybrid, EVs, and ICE]

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
A hybrid still has a gas powered engine & sound, as in the H replacement and the A replacement. So yes I will buy a hybrid. Full electric is another story.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting on the Ferrari forum. One camp says people will still buy F-Cars on the name alone while the other camp says there will be nothing to differentiate F-EVs from other EVs.

Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
I agree with Russ, Hybrid yes but full electric is a bridge too far at this point. ;)

Registered
Hybrid maybe. Full electric and you鈥檝e lost me on so many fronts. Including the 鈥渂etter for the environment鈥 since VW research proved that鈥檚 not true.

Reactions: Ohlgren

Registered
I believe 50,000 pounds of earth needs to be mined just to make the battery pack for a single Tesla. So all those tree huggers that are driving Teslas should look into a mirror and see if their faces are melting.
In my home town they reopened the lithium mine, Trucks the size of buildings and down they go into the pit. Environmentally friendly? No F-N way. This mine is a pilot project to see if it's viable. Then they plan to deforest the entire region. I won't go into details all the problems it creates. If it's anything like gold mining, the rock dust is thrown into the wild, creating miles of slab, a quick sand sludge toxic as hell and nothing will ever grow again. Check out the waste mountain out back.

Cloud Water Water resources Sky Ecoregion

Water Water resources Ecoregion Sky Natural environment

Registered
2010 Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder Caelum Blu
Till now the only 鈥渆lectric鈥 voter! 馃コ
50 years ago we wouldn鈥檛 buy cars we鈥檙e driving today either. Planning to stay on this planet for an extra 50 years, so yep鈥 I鈥檒l buy electrical Lambo鈥檚 by then鈥

Premium Member
In my home town they reopened the lithium mine, Trucks the size of buildings and down they go into the pit. Environmentally friendly? No F-N way. This mine is a pilot project to see if it's viable. Then they plan to deforest the entire region. I won't go into details all the problems it creates. If it's anything like gold mining, the rock dust is thrown into the wild, creating miles of slab, a quick sand sludge toxic as hell and nothing will ever grow again. Check out the waste mountain out back.
It's very profitable business: rare earth materials for lithium battery and bottled drinking water from that fresh pod of green water :)

Registered
It's very profitable business: rare earth materials for lithium battery and bottled drinking water from that fresh pod of green water :)
Yes they probably sell that water into water bottles for fancy people called "Alkaline" water. :sick:

As a young man I used to work in a lot of mines and one day I stumbled on 3 rusty and dented buckets filled with what looked like mud, I was curious and I approached them and all of a sudden a security guard popped out of nowhere with a shot gun and told me to stay back.. I thought he was a little nutty, I asked why he was guarding buckets of mud, he explained it was concentrated gold slurry and was going to the last process to turn it into gold bars.

Registered

View attachment 316853

View attachment 316854
I鈥檇 be 100% for that kind of mining if only it was at Martha鈥檚 Vineyard

Registered
Till now the only 鈥渆lectric鈥 voter! 馃コ
50 years ago we wouldn鈥檛 buy cars we鈥檙e driving today either. Planning to stay on this planet for an extra 50 years, so yep鈥 I鈥檒l buy electrical Lambo鈥檚 by then鈥
By then, everyone will be forced to only use mass transit. No cars, no personal transportation. Another form of government control.

Registered
Do you have a link to that study?

Thx
First, correction the study was from Volvo and can be found here
If you don鈥檛 want to read the 50 page report, CarScoops has a short summary article. Volvo Says Manufacturing An Electric Car Generates 70 Percent More Emissions Than Its ICE Equivalent

And this adds a bit more color to the picture.In the tight race to market, EVs are becoming less green 鈥 research report

This research hasn鈥檛 even broached talking about the lifespan of a battery pack and replacement costs (carbon footprint or $$) which should also factor in. I鈥檓 sure someday manufacturers, our power grids, and everything else may align to actually benefit the environment. But it鈥檚 not now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts