Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been looking for over 6 months for an Aventador S Roadster (black, not mat), ready to pay upfront 400k€. I am surprised by the lack of professionalism of shops:

- I drove one, it was Ok, asked for a sale contract during 2 weeks, finally seller told me he sold to someone else (and proposed me another one, which I declined)

- Found another one, went there, said that he often posts pics for car for sell which are not the actual car, saying that if it’s a similar model it’s Ok, and started to act strange, as I noted that there was some sort of glue on one fender, saying that was fingerprints, then insisting that I come and look at his newly wrapped bus… learning later that he was partner with the previous seller, and looking at google comment stopped me from buying.

- Another one had no garage but a bunch of cars in a parking, said he had also hangars and gave adress but I noticed him I did not found his company plate on them, he replied “that was ridiculous”

- Yet another one had a wood garage, no plate again, asked it was this building and got an email saying “What you want buy the aventador or what” (no signature)

- Another one did not reply to any email (I finally got the boss on phone but sell was impossible for tax reasons)

I had no particular issue with buying my DB9 and Modena, but I wonder if there is a pattern there or it’s specific to Switzerland…

For sure, I am treating much better my customers who are giving me 400k, I just can’t understand those attitudes…

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I think you found all the strange ones out there.

I tend to go to dealerships of the actual car manufacturer when I purchase. Maybe a false sense of comfort but I never run into this typos of wasted time

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Seems like you know how to avoid landmines and pitfalls. Soldier on and find a car. Nothing else to really say.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I have to say, those are some crazy experiences! I have seen a couple scams over the years, but you seem to be on some kind of streak. I think you are doing what I would do by backing away.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, it’s just that 400k is a big amount for me, when I started my business I bought a Hyundai for 25k and it seemed an unreasonable investment at this time (!) maybe those sellers are used to people who don’t care about their money…;)

Here another seller that I found strange… :ROFLMAO: (anyway it was not an S Roadster…)

Car Vehicle Tire Snow Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,256 Posts
You're not wrong. My personal feelings is that making money back in the day was hard work. People grinded, invested, and understood the life of wealth. And that work/wealth brought respect to those who acheived it. Now it feels like money is coming fast, easier, to the young, and the appreciation of it all is in high lack. I remember walking into a dealer and getting the red carpet if you could afford a six figure car. Now many dealers treat you like you're buying a Civic. Private sellers too.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Well your instinct proves you to stay away from those shady people, it's so easy to lose all your money and get screwed royally. If it doesn't look legit run! I had a hard time buying my Corvette on consignment from a real Chevy dealer they didn't want my bank treat they wanted to interview me face to face. They probably thought I was a scammer, I had no time to waste going down there for a signature or 2. Then they tried to make me drive half way for an interview and signature, they conceded after a week and finally took my money and I had the car brought in on a flat bed.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,648 Posts
The buyers day will come again!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
That’s crazy Spooky I’ve been to Switzerland a few times it seems so much on the straight up and up. Rumor was if you litter or speed you go to jail.

Lucerne and Interlaken were gorgeous. Fantastic you live there.

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,579 Posts
The crazies are on the sales-side as much as the buy-side. Got to be real careful if you’re trying to sell privately.

Sakura, welcome back!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You're not wrong. My personal feelings is that making money back in the day was hard work. People grinded, invested, and understood the life of wealth. And that work/wealth brought respect to those who acheived it. Now it feels like money is coming fast, easier, to the young, and the appreciation of it all is in high lack. I remember walking into a dealer and getting the red carpet if you could afford a six figure car. Now many dealers treat you like you're buying a Civic. Private sellers too.
Well, on myside, at least I still welcome 6 digits customers with all due respect….and the contrast with those Lambo sellers is striking :ROFLMAO:

That’s crazy Spooky I’ve been to Switzerland a few times it seems so much on the straight up and up. Rumor was if you litter or speed you go to jail.

Lucerne and Interlaken were gorgeous. Fantastic you live there.
Switzerland is a bit like you say (including prison for speed….)… Actually I am not in Lucerne area but in a ski resort in the alps…;)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,648 Posts
A ski resort in the Alps sounds wonderful about now!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,527 Posts
Drug dealers on drugs also like Lamborghini 🤣 Be careful people when doing private buy.
Well, not too worry all my cars are sold back through the dealerships so, if Tony Montana show up it's not my problem. :ROFLMAO: Heads-up, I would duck if you hear the words "take a look at my little friend".

• Haha
Reactions: Sakura and Luzifer

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Very strange.

I’ve had 2 funny experiences when buying cars. One was with a civic (!) and then a benzo. And the last benzo I’ll ever own too.

I also found it strange that paying cash for a car was so difficult!! I literally could NOT pay with cash. I literally had a briefcase with cash (easy tiger, it was only like $50k) and I couldn’t pay with it! I almost thought about suing as cash says “legal tender for all debts…” Unfortunately I was in a time crunch and had to wait till the next day to wire money. The car was a birthday present. They made me fill out a credit form for a car I was buying cash also! Here is my social security number which I actually used: (feel free to use it yourself)

123-456-7890

It soured me to Mercedes.

My 2 Lambo buying experiences were nothing short of wonderful. I suppose it didn’t hurt to go with a well known dealer like Roy Cats.

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,579 Posts
Ravill, total scam on their part. They were going to run your credit had you provided the correct SSN and that would’ve dinged your credit regardless of you paying cash. They were attempting to leverage you into a credit contract so that they can make more money. The way to counter that aside from what you did is ask for a better price on the car if you finance with them and then turn around and pay it off the next month. Not sure they would do that but I have done that with other cars in the past. As memory serves when I bought my Mitsubishi Montero late 90’s they gave me something akin to $2000 off the price I had already negotiated and then I turned around and paid off the loan making my cost of capital worth the headache of the credit check and paperwork. I remember very vividly the rate they offered me: 12.55%! (In a ~ 5.50% market at the time). Needless to say that made up $2000 very quickly in the value. Schmucks.

that said, Cash presents unique risks to any holder so I would imagine there are policies at that dealer against Cash and the potential risks of theft, employee embezzlement, counterfeit currency, and IRS reporting issues that come with it.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I understand how someone may think twice about taking (large amounts) of cash.

I just could not understand how they having EVERY piece of information from me, me on camera and with many $200k+ cars around (who knew Mercedes’ were so expensive?!) and I’m sure they move TONS of daily cash that a piddly little amount to buy a used car off their lot was ME being unreasonable.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Hello,

I have been looking for over 6 months for an Aventador S Roadster (black, not mat), ready to pay upfront 400k€. I am surprised by the lack of professionalism of shops:

- I drove one, it was Ok, asked for a sale contract during 2 weeks, finally seller told me he sold to someone else (and proposed me another one, which I declined)

- Found another one, went there, said that he often posts pics for car for sell which are not the actual car, saying that if it’s a similar model it’s Ok, and started to act strange, as I noted that there was some sort of glue on one fender, saying that was fingerprints, then insisting that I come and look at his newly wrapped bus… learning later that he was partner with the previous seller, and looking at google comment stopped me from buying.

- Another one had no garage but a bunch of cars in a parking, said he had also hangars and gave adress but I noticed him I did not found his company plate on them, he replied “that was ridiculous”

- Yet another one had a wood garage, no plate again, asked it was this building and got an email saying “What you want buy the aventador or what” (no signature)

- Another one did not reply to any email (I finally got the boss on phone but sell was impossible for tax reasons)

I had no particular issue with buying my DB9 and Modena, but I wonder if there is a pattern there or it’s specific to Switzerland…

For sure, I am treating much better my customers who are giving me 400k, I just can’t understand those attitudes…
I understand how someone may think twice about taking (large amounts) of cash.

I just could not understand how they having EVERY piece of information from me, me on camera and with many $200k+ cars around (who knew Mercedes’ were so expensive?!) and I’m sure they move TONS of daily cash that a piddly little amount to buy a used car off their lot was ME being unreasonable.
When I started to turn the corner as far as wealth goes, I went to the bank for a ‘piss’ ant car loan… when they balked, I simply told them “listen, either I cut a check for the car OR you give me a loan. You want my business?” They gave me the loan.

it been 15 years since I’ve walked into a bank.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts