Lamborghini Talk banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter #61
The shelves in the grocery stores are quite naked, and some gas stations are out of gas. Supply chain disruption and also long lines to get into the grocery store. In terms of the grocery stores this storm has had a more dramatic impact on the supply chain than with COVID. Gotta get those trucks moving again. 馃嵔 馃

Registered
Spain is one of my favorite countries along with Japan and Thailand. Northern Spain is beautiful. I surfed fun waves in San Sebastian and ran with the bulls in Pamplona. Barcelona is my favorite.
Ditto on Barcelona. I鈥檝e back packed it from Barcelona down to Valencia to Peniscola, then ferried over to Ibiza for their foam parties. My relatives are from Madrid and Zaragoza. During July and August, all of Europe plows into Spain. Just one big party/adventure.

have spent a few months working in Thailand. Super friendly culture and the food is the best I鈥檝e ever had.

Registered
The shelves in the grocery stores are quite naked, and some gas stations are out of gas. Supply chain disruption and also long lines to get into the grocery store. In terms of the grocery stores this storm has had a more dramatic impact on the supply chain than with COVID. Gotta get those trucks moving again. 馃嵔 馃
Crazy. Stay well mi amigo.

Registered
Ditto on Barcelona. I鈥檝e back packed it from Barcelona down to Valencia to Peniscola, then ferried over to Ibiza for their foam parties. My relatives are from Madrid and Zaragoza. During July and August, all of Europe plows into Spain. Just one big party/adventure.

have spent a few months working in Thailand. Super friendly culture and the food is the best I鈥檝e ever had.
Nice I love Madrid. Cosmopolitan bustling city with friendly locals. The Prado is an amazing museum and I had the best garlic buttered prawns and Spanish red wine at a hole in the wall restaurant. I was there when Real Madrid won the Euros, the locals were parading and partying all over the city. I have been all over Spain had amazing experiences in Sevilla, Granada, Valencia (paella yum), Toledo, etc.

Really fun times in Mallorca. The Balearic islands are tits.

My mother is from Bangkok, she's the best cook I know grows fresh basil, chili peppers, green papaya in my parents' yard.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter #65
The boil water advisory has been lifted in my area in Texas. All in all we faired quite a bit better than many of my fellow Texans'. Power outage for 32 hours, no water for 24 hours, some supply related food and gasoline shortages but aside from that fortunately our water pipes were not compromised. Texans' have a bit of rebuilding to do and that could go on for some time to come.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter #66
I (we) need to give the Lone Star State a second chance.......... ;) I hope the rest of the country recovers from being down under expeditiously!

Registered
Nice I love Madrid. Cosmopolitan bustling city with friendly locals. The Prado is an amazing museum and I had the best garlic buttered prawns and Spanish red wine at a hole in the wall restaurant. I was there when Real Madrid won the Euros, the locals were parading and partying all over the city. I have been all over Spain had amazing experiences in Sevilla, Granada, Valencia (paella yum), Toledo, etc.

Really fun times in Mallorca. The Balearic islands are tits.

My mother is from Bangkok, she's the best cook I know grows fresh basil, chili peppers, green papaya in my parents' yard.
I鈥檝e worked in Bangkok and Teperak. My first time in Bangkok was during rainy season. Downtown during the evening down pour, the streets would get flooded (3-4ft). A rickshaw driver tried to sell me his services, while half his rickshaw was under water! Lol. I took the taxi 馃榾

I bought 3 full suits with silk shirts for $500!!!

also on weekends, I would go out to phi phi, Phuket, lankawi. Food, sun and repeat!!!

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
Spain is on my list! Also New Zealand.

Registered
I鈥檝e worked in Bangkok and Teperak. My first time in Bangkok was during rainy season. Downtown during the evening down pour, the streets would get flooded (3-4ft). A rickshaw driver tried to sell me his services, while half his rickshaw was under water! Lol. I took the taxi

I bought 3 full suits with silk shirts for $500!!!

also on weekends, I would go out to phi phi, Phuket, lankawi. Food, sun and repeat!!!
I scuba dove WW2 Japanese wrecks with 10 foot moreys and giant scorpion fish off phukhet koh samui and koh tao. The water was so warm I was in my surf trunks and neoprene top.

Monthly Full moon party on koh phangan. Love me some scandanavian blondes on vacay.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter #70
Hopefully my fellow Texans will get all the help they need. Currently the estimates of property damage from burst pipes is already at 18 billion dollars. I imagine getting professionals to come out and do the work will be one of the rate limiting steps since so many homes and businesses were affected. All property damage is bad news but water damage and the threat of mold is unsettling. Currently in our area we have been advised to restrict water use, and I imagine that notice has gone out pretty much state wide. We can do our part by conserving both energy and water at this time until things return to "normal". Stay Safe!

Registered
Hopefully my fellow Texans will get all the help they need. Currently the estimates of property damage from burst pipes is already at 18 billion dollars. I imagine getting professionals to come out and do the work will be one of the rate limiting steps since so many homes and businesses were affected. All property damage is bad news but water damage and the threat of mold is unsettling. Currently in our area we have been advised to restrict water use, and I imagine that notice has gone out pretty much state wide. We can do our part by conserving both energy and water at this time until things return to "normal". Stay Safe!
Concerning mold mitigation...
Get the effected area ventilated as fast as possible. If water has leaked into ceiling or walls, open up the walls and ceiling. Cut open the effected areas. Don鈥檛 be afraid to remove a large swath of sheet rock, as sheet rock is extremely cheap. Remove any insulation. If carpets are wet, remove the carpet or get a high powered fan on it ASAP. Once all the areas are open, ventilate the areas. Go to Home Depot and rent an industrial fan if you don鈥檛 have a fan. Once everything is dry, you can apply paint that retards mold.

Most of these actions don鈥檛 require much money. Doing sheet rock patching and painting isn鈥檛 too difficult. However, paying a professional will be costly as all handymen are backlogged. Price gouging will be rampant.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter #72
^^Great advice regarding how to help prevent mold, and I agree it will be both hard to get help in a timely fashion and there will be, unfortunately, some lowlifes attempting to profit off the misfortune of others.

Premium Member
^^Great advice regarding how to help prevent mold, and I agree it will be both hard to get help in a timely fashion and there will be, unfortunately, some lowlifes attempting to profit off the misfortune of others.
Aren't insurance claims going to go through the roof? What kind of insurance will this be covered under? We have to take out additional policies for hurricanes and also flood.

Registered
Aren't insurance claims going to go through the roof? What kind of insurance will this be covered under? We have to take out additional policies for hurricanes and also flood.
Pretty sure it would not be a separate policy. I know I have replaced the roof on my house a few times for free, this should be the same kind of deal. Tornado, hail, fire, or if airplane parts fall out of the sky into your living room.

Registered
Make sure you keep an eye on what your insurance companies are doing. Large scale damage like this can bankrupt insurance companies. If they are national they ;'should' be OK. But if they are smaller and local, if every single client has a claim, they simply wont have enough fund to cover.
As for mold, everything AngelofMurci says is correct. Also, get a dehumidifier going if possible.
To save some cost of getting raped by contractors (supply and demand, the costs WILL go up regardless of how decent they are) if you have any skills what so-ever, it doesn't take much to get all the damaged insulation and materials out. Fixing plumbing can be a bit out of the average guys wheelhouse, but not impossible. Throwing some insulation in is easy, even putting up drywall isn't too hard (taping and mudding sucks, I'd wait on that, haha). You would probably be able to get a damaged home clean, dry and livable so you could wait a bit for a contractor to come in and finish things up.

Premium Member
I remember in the past someone told that insurance companies have insurance to protect them from bankruptcy?

Reactions: REKIII

Registered
I hope that is true. I know in the past during CA Earthquakes and Southern/Eastern Hurricanes, there was so much devastation in a relatively small area that the claims overburdened the smaller providers and they went under leaving people out.
I really hope there have been some safety nets with that.....and honestly, I don't know if what happened/is happening in TX compares in monetary level with Earthquakes or Hurricanes.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter #78
Water use restrictions have just been lifted in my part of Texas and hopefully things are improving elsewhere in Texas and the rest of the country. Crazy weather, today will be close to 80掳 and mid to high 70s the rest of the week.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter #79
Great news.......I finally got my snow shovel. :rolleyes: Oh yeh, it's 82掳 outside.馃ぃ

61 - 80 of 81 Posts