Well guys, I am making my girl as perfect as I can without sending her back to Italy for Polo Storico (which I will eventually do one day as well). I asked around to fellow owners, and my friends at CURATED in Miami, and all answers pointed to Steve
at Driven Exotics
in California being THE
guy in the USA to do this type of work.
Thought I would document the process here for everyone to tag along =)
Shipped the car out November 8th, 2022:
Steve received the car and gave me the most in-depth inspection email and texts I have ever seen. I was blown away:
There were about 15-20 additional pictures, but I don't want to clutter the thread. Just know, he is INCREDIBLY thorough.
For those who don't know, I purchased this car in mid-2021. And this car had a hit in the front during previous ownership. It was fixed, of course. There are only 2 Manual Orange LP640's in the USA, and both have had accidents. I have never bought a car with accident history before, but the FRAME
of this car was rail straight / not previously damaged, so I was not overly concerned since it was such a tight car when I drove it several times before buying. In the end, beggars can't be choosers with so few Manual LP640s out there... but this is my favorite car I own. Even with the accident. And I've put 2,500 miles on in the last two years.
In sending the car to Steve, what started as fixing the lower valence on the front bumper turned into a full blown fix-all-issues project once I realized the caliber of his attention to detail for these cars.
We are now:
- Repainting front bumper, front fenders, hood, driver's door, driver's side roof - to factory spec / match (touching up any other blemishes as well)
- Repainting calipers to correct factory color
- Painting wheels back to factory silver (getting rid of the black painted wheels)
- Replacing any and all missing hardware (lower NACA ducts, undertray pieces missing, missing fenderwell plastic hardware, etc.)
- Replacing any broken plastic tabs, etc.
- Anything else we find that isn't factory concours level correct
I will continue to document here in this thread for those interested. I have many more pics from Steve already, but I don't want to post all at once and clutter the thread.