Lamborghini Talk banner

Arancio Atlas 2007 Manual LP640 - Moderate Restoration *$70K in Touch Ups*

1102 Views 19 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Human
Well guys, I am making my girl as perfect as I can without sending her back to Italy for Polo Storico (which I will eventually do one day as well). I asked around to fellow owners, and my friends at CURATED in Miami, and all answers pointed to Steve at Driven Exotics in California being THE guy in the USA to do this type of work.

Thought I would document the process here for everyone to tag along =)

Shipped the car out November 8th, 2022:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

Steve received the car and gave me the most in-depth inspection email and texts I have ever seen. I was blown away:

Font Parallel Document Symmetry Publication

Font Parallel Number Document

Font Number Document Parallel Screenshot

Font Parallel Publication Number Document

Rectangle Wood Font Tie Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Bumper Watch Font Automotive exterior

There were about 15-20 additional pictures, but I don't want to clutter the thread. Just know, he is INCREDIBLY thorough.

For those who don't know, I purchased this car in mid-2021. And this car had a hit in the front during previous ownership. It was fixed, of course. There are only 2 Manual Orange LP640's in the USA, and both have had accidents. I have never bought a car with accident history before, but the FRAME of this car was rail straight / not previously damaged, so I was not overly concerned since it was such a tight car when I drove it several times before buying. In the end, beggars can't be choosers with so few Manual LP640s out there... but this is my favorite car I own. Even with the accident. And I've put 2,500 miles on in the last two years.

In sending the car to Steve, what started as fixing the lower valence on the front bumper turned into a full blown fix-all-issues project once I realized the caliber of his attention to detail for these cars.

We are now:
  • Repainting front bumper, front fenders, hood, driver's door, driver's side roof - to factory spec / match (touching up any other blemishes as well)
  • Repainting calipers to correct factory color
  • Painting wheels back to factory silver (getting rid of the black painted wheels)
  • Replacing any and all missing hardware (lower NACA ducts, undertray pieces missing, missing fenderwell plastic hardware, etc.)
  • Replacing any broken plastic tabs, etc.
  • Anything else we find that isn't factory concours level correct
I will continue to document here in this thread for those interested. I have many more pics from Steve already, but I don't want to post all at once and clutter the thread.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
689 Posts
Steve is the BEST! I have had him work on my LM002 and Silhouette with amazing outcomes. Your OJ stick is in the right hands :)

Reactions: LAMBO_JESUS

· Registered
128 Posts
Definitely worth it on a car like that... Going to be amazing when finished for sure!

Question for you (posted on your instagram drive by video as well): Do you have primary cat deletes on this car, or just secondary and the kreissieg muffler?

· Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Jesus Hot! Thanks for sharing. Watching with intense curiosity and jealousy. I know that I don't know and wish I knew.

· Premium Member
280 Posts
Are you painting wheels back to silver? Hermera wheels came in both black and silver and they have black and silver caps from factory. they shouldn't be painted regardless. it should be less expensive to buy them straight from factory rather than painting them.

If you are going with Silver, I recommend getting Herculus, unless you are restoring the car back to OEM Spec Buildsheet, they aren't that nice in Silver (Hermera) but Herculus should only be in silver or grey. (I have both wheels on both colors and the best match outlook is Black Hermera and Silver Herculus.

410601147 - Silver
410601147B - Black

· Registered
128 Posts
Are you painting wheels back to silver? Hermera wheels came in both black and silver and they have black and silver caps from factory. they shouldn't be painted regardless. it should be less expensive to buy them straight from factory rather than painting them.

If you are going with Silver, I recommend getting Herculus, unless you are restoring the car back to OEM Spec Buildsheet, they aren't that nice in Silver (Hermera) but Herculus should only be in silver or grey. (I have both wheels on both colors and the best match outlook is Black Hermera and Silver Herculus.

410601147 - Silver
410601147B - Black
How is it cheaper to buy new wheels vs painting them? New wheels are probably $15k+ (maybe $10k if you can find a used pristine set), painting which is maybe $1000?

· Premium Member
280 Posts
How is it cheaper to buy new wheels vs painting them? New wheels are probably $15k+ (maybe $10k if you can find a used pristine set), painting which is maybe $1000?
I was referring to Steve message saying to paint the caps which I think is not needed and unnecessary since those are still available straight from the factory. in both black and silver. if OP choose to have it painted in a color not available by factory I would understand, otherwise just change the part.

Regardless, Murcielago wheels (except SV) can be had from 3k to 5k for a clean used set. 6-8k for a new set. If you want send me a DM and I'll refer you to either options that are available as of now (time of me posting this)

I have 2 Murcielagos and 4 set of OEM wheels in all combinations. I know murcielagos back and forth but unlike @Stimpy and @white out I'm still a novice

Do you think 70k in touch up will charge you $1000 for painting wheels? maybe $1000 for each wheel. or $1000 to repaint the caps. I always like breakdown bill when doing such a job.

For 70k I can probably send the car to Mirandola and have the guys that painted the Murcielago when new repaint the car and enjoy a trip in Europe then fly my car back home.

· Registered
09 LP640 Manual
14 Posts
Steve is the man, no question about that.
He would certainly want to be at that $ number. I know that I am in Europe, but it seems to me that you guys in the US really do have to pay massively for any work on European exotics, when they are just cars that are made on a different continent.
To the OP, congrats on the purchase. I have owned my gated LP640 for 9 years now, and it is still all it was when I first drove it.

· Registered
128 Posts
I was referring to Steve message saying to paint the caps which I think is not needed and unnecessary since those are still available straight from the factory. in both black and silver. if OP choose to have it painted in a color not available by factory I would understand, otherwise just change the part.

Regardless, Murcielago wheels (except SV) can be had from 3k to 5k for a clean used set. 6-8k for a new set. If you want send me a DM and I'll refer you to either options that are available as of now (time of me posting this)

I have 2 Murcielagos and 4 set of OEM wheels in all combinations. I know murcielagos back and forth but unlike @Stimpy and @white out I'm still a novice

Do you think 70k in touch up will charge you $1000 for painting wheels? maybe $1000 for each wheel. or $1000 to repaint the caps. I always like breakdown bill when doing such a job.

For 70k I can probably send the car to Mirandola and have the guys that painted the Murcielago when new repaint the car and enjoy a trip in Europe then fly my car back home.
haha, you make a good point. when only touch ups cost $70k, no telling what they would charge for wheel paint lol

Ill PM you about factory available wheel options!

· Administrator
4,453 Posts
$70k is a ridiculous price to pay for this work in my opinion, but at the same time, finding someone cheaper won't net you the same results as their attention to detail may not be the same. Certainly paying a large premium, hopefully it's worth it.

· Registered
'06 Murcie Roadster
27 Posts
I worked with Steve to upgrade my '06 Murcie Roadster. He is a great guy and a pleasure to work with. I learned first-hand that prepping and shooting the pearl colors is very time consuming and expensive (and I only had the underside of the front spoiler repainted). If you get the chance, I highly recommend you request a visit to his shop...it is Lambo heaven! It is a large facility, filled with cars. There were Countach's everywhere...the engine shop had a 6.2 with trans sitting on a giant bench, there was a body shop, metal shop, upholstery shop, the works. Best of luck with your project!

· Registered
128 Posts
I worked with Steve to upgrade my '06 Murcie Roadster. He is a great guy and a pleasure to work with. I learned first-hand that prepping and shooting the pearl colors is very time consuming and expensive (and I only had the underside of the front spoiler repainted). If you get the chance, I highly recommend you request a visit to his shop...it is Lambo heaven! It is a large facility, filled with cars. There were Countach's everywhere...the engine shop had a 6.2 with trans sitting on a giant bench, there was a body shop, metal shop, upholstery shop, the works. Best of luck with your project!
Well guys, I am making my girl as perfect as I can without sending her back to Italy for Polo Storico (which I will eventually do one day as well). I asked around to fellow owners, and my friends at CURATED in Miami, and all answers pointed to Steve at Driven Exotics in California being THE guy in the USA to do this type of work.

Thought I would document the process here for everyone to tag along =)

Shipped the car out November 8th, 2022:
View attachment 323688

Steve received the car and gave me the most in-depth inspection email and texts I have ever seen. I was blown away:

View attachment 323689

View attachment 323690

View attachment 323691

View attachment 323692

View attachment 323694

View attachment 323693

There were about 15-20 additional pictures, but I don't want to clutter the thread. Just know, he is INCREDIBLY thorough.

For those who don't know, I purchased this car in mid-2021. And this car had a hit in the front during previous ownership. It was fixed, of course. There are only 2 Manual Orange LP640's in the USA, and both have had accidents. I have never bought a car with accident history before, but the FRAME of this car was rail straight / not previously damaged, so I was not overly concerned since it was such a tight car when I drove it several times before buying. In the end, beggars can't be choosers with so few Manual LP640s out there... but this is my favorite car I own. Even with the accident. And I've put 2,500 miles on in the last two years.

In sending the car to Steve, what started as fixing the lower valence on the front bumper turned into a full blown fix-all-issues project once I realized the caliber of his attention to detail for these cars.

We are now:
  • Repainting front bumper, front fenders, hood, driver's door, driver's side roof - to factory spec / match (touching up any other blemishes as well)
  • Repainting calipers to correct factory color
  • Painting wheels back to factory silver (getting rid of the black painted wheels)
  • Replacing any and all missing hardware (lower NACA ducts, undertray pieces missing, missing fenderwell plastic hardware, etc.)
  • Replacing any broken plastic tabs, etc.
  • Anything else we find that isn't factory concours level correct
I will continue to document here in this thread for those interested. I have many more pics from Steve already, but I don't want to post all at once and clutter the thread.
View attachment 323695
**** the price
That is extreme damage.
You will never regret factory quality perfection.
Correct means…correct

mj

1 - 20 of 20 Posts