Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,241 Posts
The parts are designed to operate at whatever the temperature of the car was when it was fully hot, so there's little chance of damaging the car. Maybe a bit more heat-soak to rubber hoses that could dry them out since the car won't cool off as fast, but you'd have to warm it up and cover it every 15 minutes to even notice a difference within 10 years.

Mostly I'd worry about burning the cover, and then the garage, house, street, neighborhood, etc ;).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The parts are designed to operate at whatever the temperature of the car was when it was fully hot, so there's little chance of damaging the car. Maybe a bit more heat-soak to rubber hoses that could dry them out since the car won't cool off as fast, but you'd have to warm it up and cover it every 15 minutes to even notice a difference within 10 years.

Mostly I'd worry about burning the cover, and then the garage, house, street, neighborhood, etc ;).
Thanks again gvan! I normally like to cover up my car as soon as I get home after a drive to keep away prying eyes. It's mainly for safety reasons that i take such precautions. I don't have a housed garage. :wave:

·
Premium Member
10,241 Posts
Thanks again gvan! I normally like to cover up my car as soon as I get home after a drive to keep away prying eyes. It's mainly for safety reasons that i take such precautions. I don't have a housed garage. :wave:
Ah I had that setup before, but I had very cool neighbors. Well, one was my lawyer, who sued that P-car dealer, and the other was a bunch of motocrossing pot smoking youths, but they were super cool and respectful of the car.

If you have worries I would suggest googling the following:

"automated paintball sentry"

and

"GE M134"

Combine the 2 and your car security needs should be met. No cover required!

Just please set the sensor sensitivity to human size to spare the cats and dogs...

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
i burned my cover once from putting it on prematurely after a run. one exhaust tip made a circular shape into the fabric. so yeah, sit, cool then cover.

·
Premium Member
10,241 Posts
why? just get the original sentry gun...wipe them out!

p.s. best movie EVER! I can't believe they cut out the sentry gun scenes in the original movie.
Uhhh... Aliens?

"Ripley!?!? We're LEAVING!!!"

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think I would let it cool down before you put the cover on the G. I'd rather not have to hear that your G has burst into flames. That's my opinion! :)

Sean

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.