Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Appleby compares Targa drive to sex
April 30, 2005

PROFESSIONAL golfer Stuart Appleby has likened his debut drive in the Targa Tasmania rally to having sex for the first time.

Driving in a Lamborghini Gallardo Appleby has surprised many with his slick driving, rising to 19th in the standings.

"(It was) like the first time you have sex. It was brilliant, but it was all over too fast," said Appleby.

After the fourth day the tarmac rally virgin has proven his talent beyond the golf course, maintaining 19th position having started in 45th position.

Guided by professional navigator Peter Burrey, Appleby has steered the brand new Lamborghini 26 spots up the field.

"I am sure we can still be in the top twenty by the end," said Appleby.

"The cars are strong and we have proven that this week - it is only early in their development cycle and they've got a lot of potential.

"My car is just fantastic! It is really effortless to drive. The way I am positioned at the moment shows that a good car with a run-of-the-mill driver can go okay."

This rally is the Gallardo's international motor sport debut, and team principal Andrew Smith is impressed with the golfer's efforts this week.

"To have Stuart going so well is just great, I don't think people realise how good this car really is. This is by far the most technically advanced car in the (Targa Tasmania) field," said Smith.

Tomorrow's fifth and final leg of the Targa Tasmania rally comprises of nine stages, with a competitive distance of 146.37km, finishing before a crowd of many at Hobart's Wrest Point Hotel.

AAP
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,15135991-23210,00.html

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Appleby Finishes 10th

Uncle and nephew win rally
May 1, 2005

TASMANIAN uncle and nephew team Jason and John White today drove their Nissan Skyline to victory in the five-day Targa Tasmania motor rally from Launceston to Hobart.

The White team began the final day in first place and held on to win six minutes clear of Greg Garwood and John Allen in a turbo Porsche 911.

Jim Richards and Barry Oliver in a Porsche GT3 CS were another 13 minutes further back in third place, well ahead of the rest of the field who were more than nine hours behind the winners.

Top Australian golfer Stuart Appleby and co-driver Peter Burrey, driving a Lamborghini Gallardo, finished a creditable 10th.

AAP

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,15146849-23770,00.html

In other Racing News, The Rieter Racing Murcielago RGT was out with gearbox problems after a very fast start and only managed a 24th spot in EU FIA GT Racing . The Maserati MC-12's finished 1-2-3.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts