2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,554 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,554 Posts
Plug in is correct. I wasn’t aware of a wireless CarPlay option by Audi either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks John, that’s the only issue I have with AppleCar Play and for that reason I never use it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Color me jealous! That's awesome. Since I'm here on the west coast, can you talk to your guys and see if they would be willing to work with a shop out here to help them get on point of how to do that? Please let me know!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks everyone!

They did some coding and in order to get the carplay menu you have to hit the nav button. While navigating through carplay sometimes the Nav will start. I think the car cannot distinguish the commands between the factory nav system and the apple car play commands. It happens sporadically. Everything else works great. If they can't fix I can live with it. The added functionality is such a bonus.
Did you get this fixed? looking to bring my car to them early Dec.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks everyone!

They did some coding and in order to get the carplay menu you have to hit the nav button. While navigating through carplay sometimes the Nav will start. I think the car cannot distinguish the commands between the factory nav system and the apple car play commands. It happens sporadically. Everything else works great. If they can't fix I can live with it. The added functionality is such a bonus.
Did you get this fixed? looking to bring my car to them early Dec.
I spoke with the guys today about it. The only alternative is to disable factory Nav. I didn't want them messing with the cars electronics more than they already have so it's something I'll live with. Carplay works fine otherwise.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I spoke with the guys today about it. The only alternative is to disable factory Nav. I didn't want them messing with the cars electronics more than they already have so it's something I'll live with. Carplay works fine otherwise.

So you activate CarPlay by hitting Nav button twice? No issues with the wireless connection on long drives?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

So you activate CarPlay by hitting Nav button twice? No issues with the wireless connection on long drives?

No issues what so ever. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I incorrectly stated in the video but I believe OEM only does full screen not split. I've asked a few performante owners and they have confirmed you can't do it split. Even some threads here state the same finding.

That is correct. But the wireless part is great. Were they ever able to procure a fix for the Audi logo on the home screen? I wouldn’t let it hold me back tho, waze + radar is much needed in these cars.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts