Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped my car off at Cartunes of Atlanta this AM and got the call that they were able to either retrofit or install Apple Carplay capabilities on my Huracan. I pick up the car tomorrow. I'll report back with pics and details.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I will literally ship my car there now if that actually works out. I made a thread about right before my Huracan purchase.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will literally ship my car there now if that actually works out. I made a thread about right before my Huracan purchase.
It works. I checked on the car earlier and they had it on the screen in the cluster. Full screen and small screen with the tac to the left. They were doing some coding to make sure the audio was right. They called me about an hour after I left and told me they figured it out. They just have to put the Center console and the wall behind the seats back together and I'll grab it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Damn i didnt realize they need to take the seats and eveything out. Do you mind posting the cost? or PMing it if it's sensitive? Please post a video when you get it today! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's awesome. I called them today. So it looks like they took the R8 software and programmed it on to the car? I notice the 'Audi MMI' instead of 'Lamborghini'

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's awesome. I called them today. So it looks like they took the R8 software and programmed it on to the car? I notice the 'Audi MMI' instead of 'Lamborghini'
I believe so. Just got in from a drive, there are still a few bugs that I'll have them address when they get back from Sema but overall the system works like the Apple Carplay in any other car. Full functionality. I'm almost surprised. Having Waze in this car has boosted the ownership experience.

Next Mod will be to upgrade the factory speakers and I'm set..

·
Super Moderator
3,201 Posts
Very cool that they were able to do this. If I buy another Huracan I definitely want this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I believe so. Just got in from a drive, there are still a few bugs that I'll have them address when they get back from Sema but overall the system works like the Apple Carplay in any other car. Full functionality. I'm almost surprised. Having Waze in this car has boosted the ownership experience.

Ah cool! What bugs are you seeing? I'll let you get it ironed out before i bring the car there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I’ve got a ‘19 Huracan with Apple Car Play and yours looks to be setup even better. I can’t show the Apple CarPlay screen and the Tac at the same time. Yours is setup more like my ‘18 R8 was before I transitioned to the Huracan. Well done.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh wow that’s awesome. Guess have to make a trip to atl. Keep us updated if can fix the Audi thing. Looks like they used an r8 activation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Ah cool! What bugs are you seeing? I'll let you get it ironed out before i bring the car there.
Thanks everyone!

They did some coding and in order to get the carplay menu you have to hit the nav button. While navigating through carplay sometimes the Nav will start. I think the car cannot distinguish the commands between the factory nav system and the apple car play commands. It happens sporadically. Everything else works great. If they can't fix I can live with it. The added functionality is such a bonus.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I’ve got a ‘19 Huracan with Apple Car Play and yours looks to be setup even better. I can’t show the Apple CarPlay screen and the Tac at the same time. Yours is setup more like my ‘18 R8 was before I transitioned to the Huracan. Well done.
Main reason I want Car Play would be to use Waze while driving but are you saying you can't have it up along with speedometer? What about RPM?

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,912 Posts
Do you have to plug in your iPhone to the USB port to make Apple Car Play to work?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Main reason I want Car Play would be to use Waze while driving but are you saying you can't have it up along with speedometer? What about RPM?
The mod I have you can do both. But I think what he's trying to say is that on the stock version of carplay you cannot use it within the tac.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Not a bad price to get Car Play but still curious about install? Are you saying seats needed to come out? I can see the shelf behind seats needing to be removed since lot of electronics there but not seats?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not a bad price to get Car Play but still curious about install? Are you saying seats needed to come out? I can see the shelf behind seats needing to be removed since lot of electronics there but not seats?
The seats do not need to be removed. The shelf behind the seats is opened and the center console is opened up. My apologies if I wasn't clear.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts