Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the idea of the clear engine bonnet, but is there any way you can get the engine in yellow instead of the black? The 360 and 430 look so great with the bright red. Any one know if you can have it put in a different color by the factory?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nope not an option in the 04 or 05's...

However you could have it done - if you really wanted it... Pretty common practice to repaint these - from the standpoint when I had my f-cars engine out services - one thing they did as needed would be to repaint

·
Registered
173 Posts
those parts don't get exceptionally hot (comparitavely) and i would assume are relatively easy to remove. spend a couple hundred bucks and get 'em repainted professionally.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a Rosso Metis (deep red) gallardo with a glass bonnet, and in my case the black you can see through the bonnet is a nice complement to the dark red body, back also goes nice with any other exterior colour I could think of that is available on the gallardo. On the other hand, imagine this. A bright yellow gallardo with bright red visible at the back, don't you think that would look a bit tacky? I'm keeping my standard factory colors, thank you very much!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the other hand, imagine this. A bright yellow gallardo with bright red visible at the back, don't you think that would look a bit tacky? I'm keeping my standard factory colors, thank you very much!
When I asked the question I was wondering if I could have it painted YELLOW to match the body. I agree that the red with yellow would look bad if not awful.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Let me know how it goes.

Would consider the clear bonnet with a painted engine. Think its a bit of a waste with plain black.

I've got silver, I think red would go with that?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
With MY 2005 you can order painted valve covers, ask your dealer for details.
You can also order carbon inserts instead of the black-grey plastic for the cockpit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree with the other commentors that the inlet manifolds don't get especially hot so repainting is straight forward.
I've got a 2005 G in Giallo Midas and I thought about the glass bonnet but decided against it. Looks too much like copying Fiatarri's and colour matching the manifolds is another step in that direction. No offence meant, just a personal opinion. The black crackle finish is purposeful without being 'bling' so let it be!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts