Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 40 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
I was told back in May it could be up to 12 months to get an EVO awd coupe and that's if everything goes right. I didn't want to wait that long even if it could have been a little sooner. I ended up with a used 2020 with 1,688 miles with a 320k sticker for 310k back in July. So I'm happy. I imagine the wait must be excruciating.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Placed my deposit at end of June. Currently, there are 2 ahead of me and the dealer has bconsistently received one allocation per month so at that rate I guess things move for me in December. However, I'm indifferent on sport seats so if the restriction continues I may get to move up.
pretty sure it’s mailfroggys, then me, then you

I’m definitely waiting for sports seats so you might be able to jump me. he’s taking the October allocation with or without sport seats.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My SA stated that it's best to get your order in as soon as you get your allocation because everyone gets allocations around the same day of the month and whoever gets their order in first gets first dibs on the items in the spec (i.e. sport seats).
Don’t be letting the secrets out bro :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Miracles do happen though so don’t just go with the first dealer you talk to. I managed to find an orphaned allocation back in June and got allocated instantly after putting the deposit. Car entered production last month and should be delivered January…

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,280 Posts
My SA at Lambo NB tells me a new EVO RWD would be about a 12 mo process.
I am told NB gets the highest allocation of all dealerships , barley ahead of Miami. If they can’t do better than 12 months I don’t think anyone else can.

Reactions: kotykb

·
Registered
551 Posts
I am told NB gets the highest allocation of all dealerships , barley ahead of Miami. If they can’t do better than 12 months I don’t think anyone else can.
I think the one variable is request volume relative to allocations.

It is very possible that even a dealer with far fewer allocations could get a build done more quickly simply due to the fact that they might have far fewer requests from their local population.

·
Registered
254 Posts
This isn’t true, while a bigger dealership may get more allocations, smaller dealerships with smaller wait lists are more volatile, and that’s where the opportunity lies. Someone could drop out or their spec might not be buildable due to constraints or more allocations than expected come in and suddenly your position jumps up 50% in the waitlist.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
You're correct about having better luck with a smaller dealer but keep in mind smaller dealers also get a smaller piece of the pie meaning if the RWD EVO is red hot the bigger dealers like NB will push HQ for more allocations which come at the expense of smaller dealers.

HQ isn't going to refuse say 5 extra EVO RWD allocations for NB if they sell a few LPi800's. It's a numbers game.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts

I’m definitely waiting for sports seats so you might be able to jump me. he’s taking the October allocation with or without sport seats.
Crossing fingers they get 2 allocations this month!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I put my $10k deposit down in July I believe. I am supposed to get an allocation before the end of the year (fingers crossed) with an arrival date of late spring to early/mid summer. It will immediately go off the delivery truck to get PPF'd (I may add a rear spoiler as well) and then I will spend the week after that driving like a maniac (although safely and following the laws of the road) with a huge grin on my face.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,008 Posts
Man o man, things are tight. I guess I was lucky with the timing of my order..........better lucky than good! Although, being both isn't so bad either.
@Huracaan's point about the 10 Cylinder NA engine going to extinction is eminently relevant when it comes to understanding these extended/hellacious timelines. Good luck all!

·
Registered
89 Posts
My dealer was informed by Lamborghini "expect 10-12 months from time of deposit to completion"...I believe they likely gave the same timeline to most US dealers. I can only see this getting worse as more folks line up (assuming the trend doesn't reverse).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Man o man, things are tight. I guess I was lucky with the timing of my order..........better lucky than good! Although, being both isn't so bad either.
@Huracaan's point about the 10 Cylinder NA engine going to extinction is eminently relevant when it comes to understanding these extended/hellacious timelines. Good luck all!
You really did. I went from wanting to get a discount to praying my dealer gifts me a tender and car cover!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,008 Posts
You really did. I went from wanting to get a discount to praying my dealer gifts me a tender and car cover!
I knew the demand was going to be high but I never imagined it would be at the level we are seeing now. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
88 Posts

i think that order is right but I will only take the allocation if I get sports seats too!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
My dealer was informed by Lamborghini "expect 10-12 months from time of deposit to completion"...I believe they likely gave the same timeline to most US dealers. I can only see this getting worse as more folks line up (assuming the trend doesn't reverse).
I don't see the trend reversing unless a ton of people just forego their deposits.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Placed deposit for STO in March/April and dealer hasn’t received build slot for last two months. I’m next up, though

21 - 40 of 119 Posts