Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the reveal I am sold. Cars such as the huracan and corvette c8 are really the last of their kind with hybridization and EVs coming in fast. I put a deposit down at a chevy dealership a while ago, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any dealerships that waited for the car to be announced to allow for deposits. This is definitely a car I want to get to keep unless I hate the driving experience for whatever reason.

·
Registered
2009 LP560-4
136 Posts
Last I checked about a year ago, I wouldn’t be able to get an allocation for the first model year, so I passed. No true yellow only tennis ball yellow also is a deal breaker for me. Love the technology and design, they knocked it out of the park for sure.

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
676 Posts
Trying to get an allocation of the Z06 but it seems elusive to say the least. Standard C8's are easy to find...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I might be interested, but I don't know if it will come to Europe. Not even sure there is an official dealer in my country anymore.

·
Registered
2009 LP560-4
136 Posts
Hearing from some forums that the wait list is estimated to now be 3+ years at most dealers. :oops:

·
Registered
59 Posts
There are over 1000 people on the list at my local dealer (incl. me!). :) If and when it arrives, I'll decide if I still want it. At this point, it seems so far out that it's hard to imagine. I wouldn't have thought 3 years that 18+ months would be in a pandemic, nor that I would have bought 3 cars. :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I just saw a video of it yesterday night and holy S++++ it's a game changer for me, it planted the seed of doubt on which car to choose. At first the C8 didn't even interest me a bit but now with this video alone.... The revs of the exhaust sounds like a Ferrari mixed and angry growl, it's is so damn beautiful! They also made it so enthusiasts can hear it in the cab! Finally the aero kit they put on is starting to make it look nice to my eyes.

Now the problems, I have no idea what the real price of the stingray price so please bear with my supposition but I see them for sale on auto trader between 120K up to 150K. So will the Z06 be priced at 200K and a wait time of 1-3 years? If so it's getting near the price of a lower priced Huracan at 250K. Also there will be many on the road but a whole lot cheaper for parts.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,218 Posts
I just saw a video of it yesterday night and holy S++++ it's a game changer for me, it planted the seed of doubt on which car to choose. At first the C8 didn't even interest me a bit but now with this video alone.... The revs of the exhaust sounds like a Ferrari mixed and angry growl, it's is so damn beautiful! They also made it so enthusiasts can hear it in the cab! Finally the aero kit they put on is starting to make it look nice to my eyes.

Now the problems, I have no idea what the real price of the stingray price so please bear with my supposition but I see them for sale on auto trader between 120K up to 150K. So will the Z06 be priced at 200K and a wait time of 1-3 years? If so it's getting near the price of a lower priced Huracan at 250K. Also there will be many on the road but a whole lot cheaper for parts.

Prices on Cars & Bids indicate less demand. 2LTs can be found around $90k when several months back they were going for $100k. With the announcement of this I’m sure the Stingray will come down closer to MSRP. Paying $120k isn’t smart.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are over 1000 people on the list at my local dealer (incl. me!). :) If and when it arrives, I'll decide if I still want it. At this point, it seems so far out that it's hard to imagine. I wouldn't have thought 3 years that 18+ months would be in a pandemic, nor that I would have bought 3 cars. :)
I got on a list a year back, but I have no idea when I'll get my vehicle. First year would be incredible but I'm not holding my breathe.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
2 days ago I saw a parked C8 and it confirmed to me once once again the front end shape of it didn't appeal to me. HOWEVER I just watched Doug Demuro's Z06/Z07 review and I love the Z07 aero kit and the sharper front end of the car. The engine is also cool and I also like the trunk space compared to say a Huracan.

The rear end also looks a lot better too. Now this Z07 is very attractive and I wonder if I'm going to debate between 2 cars for my next purchase.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
2 days ago I saw a parked C8 and it confirmed to me once once again the front end shape of it didn't appeal to me. HOWEVER I just watched Doug Demuro's Z06/Z07 review and I love the Z07 aero kit and the sharper front end of the car. The engine is also cool and I also like the trunk space compared to say a Huracan.

The rear end also looks a lot better too. Now this Z07 is very attractive and I wonder if I'm going to debate between 2 cars for my next purchase.
My guess is, like most that “want on”(myself included) will not want to wait three or four years to spec and order their own, and will not be willing to pay $100k over sticker to have one sooner

I see a hurrican in your future

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
My guess is, like most that “want on”(myself included) will not want to wait three or four years to spec and order their own, and will not be willing to pay $100k over sticker to have one sooner

I see a hurrican in your future
Thanks for the encouragement! :)

I hadn't thought of the long delay and I don't want to wait that long as I'm going to be ready before then. Another thing I just thought of is the problem are the dealers to service these cars under warrantee. I had to deal with 2 dealers with my current C7 and it wasn't pleasant at all, they didn't even fix the 3 issues under warrantee and wasted 2 complete summers on oil consumption tests and the first dealer's many excuses was that his mechanics weren't qualified to check the dipstick level!

I brought the car in for a faulty gas door lock which they did fix but got the car back with grease on the fenders and I caught them lying about checking out the slow crank as I had the Valet/video recorder on. It was a strange sensation I felt relief when the warrantee expired this summer and now I can either fix it myself or try to find an honest and careful mechanic.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,218 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement! :)

I hadn't thought of the long delay and I don't want to wait that long as I'm going to be ready before then. Another thing I just thought of is the problem are the dealers to service these cars under warrantee. I had to deal with 2 dealers with my current C7 and it wasn't pleasant at all, they didn't even fix the 3 issues under warrantee and wasted 2 complete summers on oil consumption tests and the first dealer's many excuses was that his mechanics weren't qualified to check the dipstick level!

I brought the car in for a faulty gas door lock which they did fix but got the car back with grease on the fenders and I caught them lying about checking out the slow crank as I had the Valet/video recorder on. It was a strange sensation I felt relief when the warrantee expired this summer and now I can either fix it myself or try to find an honest and careful mechanic.
Sad how random good dealers are across all brands. As I get older I find myself taking dealer service capability and convenience as a partial factor in purchasing.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Sad how random good dealers are across all brands. As I get older I find myself taking dealer service capability and convenience as a partial factor in purchasing.
I wish once in my life to see a good dealer not that I've visited many. I always bought old used vehicle and repaired all of them myself except a few times from local garages but the C7 with the warrantee was my real experience with dealers. When I was shopping for the car another dealer was trying to fool me on the purchase price, I just took off. Every time I drive by that place I give him the bird and say to my GF Ha! I bought it somewhere else! :p

For a Lambo there's no dealer in the region, it would have to be towed to another city and deal with them only by phone.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have a Huracan EVO RWD Spyder on the way and I'l be selling my C8 in the next few months but I'm also trying to get a Z06 :)
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got on a list from an east coast dealer for a Z06 as soon as I heard GM was introducing a mid engine corvette. This was back in January 2017. The car will be sold to me at MSRP, and I should be able to get it shortly after production begins sometime around Labor Day next year. I currently have a Hurucan Performante with 9K miles and will either keep both cars or drive the Z06 for a couple of months and decide whether to sell one. Either way with an early delivery of the Z06 and the huge demand I should be able to make a decent profit on the car. My current daily driver is a Tesla Plaid which in a straight line makes every other car fell like a slug. So I have some thinking to do between now and Labor Day. I may have a Z06 for sale next September, so stay tuned.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I got on a list from an east coast dealer for a Z06 as soon as I heard GM was introducing a mid engine corvette. This was back in January 2017. The car will be sold to me at MSRP, and I should be able to get it shortly after production begins sometime around Labor Day next year. I currently have a Hurucan Performante with 9K miles and will either keep both cars or drive the Z06 for a couple of months and decide whether to sell one. Either way with an early delivery of the Z06 and the huge demand I should be able to make a decent profit on the car. My current daily driver is a Tesla Plaid which in a straight line makes every other car fell like a slug. So I have some thinking to do between now and Labor Day. I may have a Z06 for sale next September, so stay tuned.
I was living in LA but now live in Phoenix. The key for me buying cars like a Corvette is going to my hometown dealer in Minnesota, I was one of the first 1000 cars produced and landed it before Covid hit in March. I'm a first time Chevy buyer of a new vehicle... if you're in a big market, try to go to other markets that are high volume for trucks, they likely can get allocations on the Z06

1 - 20 of 32 Posts