Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to update their rns-e successfully with audi rns-e dvd or FW update cd?
Ive been trying to figure out if it works fine or not but theres no definitive answer.

found few saying it works and some saying it disabled their rear view camera (which i dont have so not a problem)

Mine is on the original SW 0040 and i really dont want to use any money on purchasing dvd's etc since id rather just upgrade the whole system to the android player sold by carnaviplayer.

Anyhow, i dont want to mess up my oem radio just to try it myself if someone has some actual information.

If it doesnt work, could someone be so kind and send me an image of original lambo SW update cd or map dvd with newer SW?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hello,
Before changing my Rnse with an Android heat Unit i upgraded each year maps with Audi dvd's without any issues.
You have to burn your DVDr-DL image with a spécial DVD Burner and firmware but it's not allowed to talk about this here perhaps...
Pm me if needed.

Envoyé de mon SM-A405FN en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,
Before changing my Rnse with an Android heat Unit i upgraded each year maps with Audi dvd's without any issues.

Tried to use 2020 audi dvd's and 2012 but it didnt start the update. Also tried SW update cd but that didnt work either.
I guess i need the lambo sw/map dvd to update.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What you can do is to buy a videograbber wifi module and thus get Android / IOS CarPlay and than use google maps. This is cheaper in the end and also shows more nice maps. The price should be around 300$ It is easy to install. Connect your phone with Blutooth and the you have CarPlay !
You can get the devices for Lamboghini directly on a huge market place in China or I assume via some vendors in the US with a Little overhead !

PS : otherwise you may have to adapt the Audi DVDs ! And that is not so easy. You have to mirror the DVD and than change with HEX read/write software (the part that differs between Audi and Lamborghini.... probably a brand name here and there like with other car manufacturers) and copy on a new DVD (probably a double layer) etc etc. Even the Software is much more expensive than a videograbber in between the sat Nav and the main cable harness ! The new systems like in the Aventador (also other car brands) need an additional code to update the maps. The USB Stick with the Maps don‘t help at all ! Alternatively you can take the hard disk out of the sat nav and update the maps directly on the hard disk outside the car but this is truly a competely other level).
It is much cheaper and more legal to add / retrofit CarPlay !

michael

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just checked the Chinese Vendor site : for an RNS-E it seems that I cannot find it easily ! MMI 3G no Problem but RNS-E is a different story. Check first on the Audi Page when they Used in what models the RNS-E and than check the Chinese vendor. An alternative I Used on an 2011 Mercedes : I plugged in a wifi Receiver and a HDMI converter in the AUX video connector and paired with my mobile. Now, the screen appears as a complete mirror image on the sat nav once I switch it to aux video Chanel. No programming etc necessary etc. Costs : ca 10-30 $ depending where you buy the Wifi usb Receiver and the HDMI converter with cinch connectors !
Michael

·
Registered
285 Posts
Tried to use 2020 audi dvd's and 2012 but it didnt start the update. Also tried SW update cd but that didnt work either.
I guess i need the lambo sw/map dvd to update.
IS it a "backup" DVD or coming from dealer ?
Other issue: this DVD IS not compatible for this rnse...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IS it a "backup" DVD or coming from dealer ?
Other issue: this DVD IS not compatible for this rnse...

2020 discs (eu maps) were backups, 2012 (eu maps) was real oem audi dvd, sw update was backup. Tried the audi backups on my audi a4 aswell but that one said "improperly inserted".

On lambo, even the real audi dvd just said sw update dvd 650/220 but didnt do anything.

Went the easy way and ordered new android player. No point beating a dead horse it seems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts