Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, bought my gallardo several weeks ago. Love the car. It has a capristo exhaust on the car, and there was this tiny remote in the center console. Owner said he didn't know what the remote did and he also bought the car used. I have tried all the buttons, nothing changes exhaust wise though; I was thinking maybe it was a valve opener. Does anyone have one of these or recognize it? Maybe an immobilizer or alarm system?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,805 Posts
Looks like a combination opener. Not like any gate or garage I’m familiar with.

Reactions: chris01

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Have you popped it open ? Is there any info inside the remote ? I would toss a new battery in and see if the exhaust does change note.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
That is the vibrator remote for the passenger seat

·
Banned
huarcan
118 Posts
Hi all, bought my gallardo several weeks ago. Love the car. It has a capristo exhaust on the car, and there was this tiny remote in the center console. Owner said he didn't know what the remote did and he also bought the car used. I have tried all the buttons, nothing changes exhaust wise though; I was thinking maybe it was a valve opener. Does anyone have one of these or recognize it? Maybe an immobilizer or alarm system? are you a audi guy or a lambo guy?

·
Banned
huarcan
118 Posts
Hi all, bought my gallardo several weeks ago. Love the car. It has a capristo exhaust on the car, and there was this tiny remote in the center console. Owner said he didn't know what the remote did and he also bought the car used. I have tried all the buttons, nothing changes exhaust wise though; I was thinking maybe it was a valve opener. Does anyone have one of these or recognize it? Maybe an immobilizer or alarm system?
are you an audi guy

·
Banned
huarcan
118 Posts
This reminded me of one of the Gallardo aftermarket exhaust systems that have controllable valves. Almost identical but with letters instead of numbers. Not sure if you have an after market exhaust. Try replacing the batteries and testing the exhaust again. Not sure if it has an indicator light to see if the battery is good?
hmm your right its is the same thing but his has number good idea smart person

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey all, I should mention! It does have a little indicator light, and it does light up so I believe the battery is good. I'll follow that diagram up above and see what changes. I can never notice any change while sitting at idle - but I fiddled with it again a few days ago and noticed at times valves opening which I didn't notice prior. Started to think I was crazy but I'll mess with it and see what I can do! Thanks for that diagram @6Speed

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
It is probably a multifunction remote for an alarm with multiple outputs , such as auto door opener etc. Find the receiver and what it is connected to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts