Lamborghini Talk banner

1041 - 1060 of 1083 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
You should always expect/try for a discount - indeed...it is your duty !

I wangled a 5% discount on my recently ordered evo rwd spyder.

TBH I should have pushed harder for more.

I was a cash buyer & no trade in.

The no-trade-in element worked in my favour.

The cash buyer part .... not necessarily so... most profitable part of the dealership is finance dept... so I think if you are financing you should / can really negotiate even harder on the price.

Here's what I did:

1: do not price the car up yourself and venture the total less your hoped-for discount. There are all sorts of weird pricing & discounts on these cars that don't tally with the list prices .....you will be shafting yourself if you just add up all your options and offer 10% less.

2.Ask the dealer to price up the car as per your spec.

3.Let that sit for at least a week - meanwhile do not initiate any contact or respond to the dealer.

4.Following that, next time the dealer chases up, reply: ' make me an offer I can't refuse & lets do a deal'

Job done.

Great advice but I think it depends on the specific dealership and how busy they are. At my local dealership, people are spending money like crazy and new cars don't sit for long before they are sold. They are not hurting for business.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
You should always expect/try for a discount - indeed...it is your duty !

I wangled a 5% discount on my recently ordered evo rwd spyder.

TBH I should have pushed harder for more.

I was a cash buyer & no trade in.

The no-trade-in element worked in my favour. ( would have been a G Perf)

The cash buyer part .... not necessarily so... most profitable part of the dealership is finance dept... so I think if you are financing you should / can really negotiate even harder on the price.
With how crazy things are right now in used car market trade in's will work in your favor with dealership who are desperate to get quality used cars on their lots. And most trading in at a Lambo dealership will be trading something nice in.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Great advice but I think it depends on the specific dealership and how busy they are.
True.

But what gets me is, selling these cars nowadays is literally the easiest job on earth.

I bet you have more in-depth knowledge of these cars than your dealer does.

If you have a hankering for a Lambo these days, you literally need 6 hours on youtube and you will know the car inside out.

True, a test drive would be nice... but not essential.

On that basis, I don't begrudge anyone a living but why should the dealer be trousering ££££'s just to answer a few emails and the send you the dealership bank details?

·
Registered
103 Posts
With how crazy things are right now in used car market trade in's will work in your favor with dealership who are desperate to get quality used cars on their lots. And most trading in at a Lambo dealership will be trading something nice in.
Fair point and I guess this is a regional variance... All I know was the trade-in offered on my car was low... very low.. And that low offer came with the condition of 'full MSRP' for the new car... so would have been doubly bad for me!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,047
My friend that's a joke looking for home. Some of these salespeople are inexplicable they have the wisdom of youth and the energy of old age. ;)
Listen Russ, I called him on a Saturday to do a deal and he indicates he will get back to me on Monday then 5 weeks passo_O and he calls and ask If I am still interested. Too incredible for words, you just can make this sh*t up.
Ok, I now know what the problem is, you didn’t mention my name!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,686 Posts
Ok, I now know what the problem is, you didn’t mention my name!
Your the man Russ........but I did, I kid you not.........hmmmmmm:unsure:...........I guess he doesn't like you all that much. ;)Seriously, some of these salespeople set low personal standards and then consistently fail to achieve them.

Reactions: Russk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your the man Russ........but I did, I kid you not.........hmmmmmm:unsure:...........I guess he doesn't like you all that much. ;)Seriously, some of these salespeople set low personal standards and then consistently fail to achieve them.
I just recently started talking with my local dealer about a Huracan, and these last few posts are interesting. The sales guy seems very professional, straightforward, etc. At least the guy responds to emails/calls. I got the impression that the cars are selling fast - he had very little available, and these guys are supposed to be one of the largest dealers. I guess this situation doesn't bode well for any significant discounts. The used prices seem very high right now and it seems to make little sense to go that route.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Back on topic...:

Yes! Deposit paid and order placed!

EVO RWD Spyder
Arancio Borealis
Style Pack, gloss black
Black Mirrors
Gloss black diffuser
Lifestyle & Drivers pack
CCB's orange callipers
Sports seats
Black / black stitching, minimal orange stitching, lambo headrests shields
Vanir Black rims
Black windscreen frame
Sensonum

July build for September delivery

3rd Lambo, but 1st brand new so I am beyond excited!!
Do you or anyone else have an options list with pricing for the EVO RWD Spyder by chance?!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,686 Posts
Do you or anyone else have an options list with pricing for the EVO RWD Spyder by chance?!
This was posted previously by Russ.......enjoy!

Attachments

Reactions: kotykb

·
Registered
103 Posts
This was posted previously by the Russ.......enjoy!
Ah yes.... the price list - evidence that discounts should be / are available.

Mainly because there has been no attempt to hide the massive margins worked into the pricing..

It starts with the 128GB hard drive for $600 and every other option is priced accordingly: ludicrous!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,686 Posts
Ah yes.... the price list - evidence that discounts should be / are available.

Mainly because there has been no attempt to hide the massive margins worked into the pricing..

It starts with the 128GB hard drive for $600 and every other option is priced accordingly: ludicrous!
These are great supercars but, your right, the pricing borders on obscene. Though, that is true of all the marque brands.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've been looking for a Evo Spyder AWD or RWD used examples for a few months now and there isn't much on the market and what's available are close to MSRP. I'll need to check out the Scottsdale dealership and price a new Evo RWD Spyder out and see where it prices out. Coming from the Porsche world where they explain the options so well, its hard to find information on each Huracan option but maybe the dealer has more info on them.

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
186 Posts
Has anyone seen a MY ’22 price list? I imagine with the high take rate and Euro to USD exchange rate there will be an increase over ‘21.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,686 Posts
Has anyone seen a MY ’22 price list? I imagine with the high take rate and Euro to USD exchange rate there will be an increase over ‘21.
I will inquire with my SA, and post if and when he responds.

·
Premium Member
16,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,057
I think it is too early for 22 price list. I didn’t get the 21 list till after June last year.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The dealer in Scottsdale said they're offering Huracan RWD Spyder builds at MSRP along with MSRP for the options. Anyone else found dealers across the country willing to be flexible on the MSRP of the base or options?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,686 Posts
The dealer in Scottsdale said they're offering Huracan RWD Spyder builds at MSRP along with MSRP for the options. Anyone else found dealers across the country willing to be flexible on the MSRP of the base or options?
Discounts off of MSRP are going to be hard to find now especially when it comes to ordering one. Maybe someone has some info that will surprise both of us.......COVID and the lockdowns have changed the landscape for the foreseeable future.

·
Premium Member
16,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,060
Discounts off of MSRP are going to be hard to find now especially when it comes to ordering one. Maybe someone has some info that will surprise both of us.......COVID and the lockdowns have changed the landscape for the foreseeable future.
I agree with Lambo2018, discounts on spec cars will be rare if at all. These cars are selling so well that they don't need to discount them. For all any of us know these, 2021 models, might be the last of the "NON-GPF" cars.

1041 - 1060 of 1083 Posts