Lamborghini Talk banner

1021 - 1040 of 1067 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Curious...for those who ordered...does the dealer keep you updated on anything? Like vin? Production? Etc...I placed an order December 13 and I’ve had zero update/communication ....told I would get it in 5 months...I’m just curious if there is like a check box system as you movie forward...TIA

·
Registered
22 Posts
Curious...for those who ordered...does the dealer keep you updated on anything? Like vin? Production? Etc...I placed an order December 13 and I’ve had zero update/communication ....told I would get it in 5 months...I’m just curious if there is like a check box system as you movie forward...TIA
Placed my order around 3rd week of December, was told it would be May - June but that was before the news of the semiconductor chip shortage. They haven't given any updates but perhaps they don't have news to give?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Semiconductor chip shortage?? What the?? Lol...so what does that mean? Seems me and you are in same boat...

Not sure if it affects Lamborghini production though. I asked my salesperson and he doesn't know.

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
177 Posts
Don’t think semi shortage will affect Lamborghini too much. The existing quantity of semis available to VAG will be directed towards their highest margin brands, Lamborghini, Porsche, Bentley... Lower margin cars will be more impacted I think...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I did get a update from my dealer..was a screen shot said started production yesterday 2/22 expected completion 5/2021...not sure how long it takes from completion of production to hit dealer...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I did get a update from my dealer..was a screen shot said started production yesterday 2/22 expected completion 5/2021...not sure how long it takes from completion of production to hit dealer...
Nice! It seems I gotto bug the dealer on my end. What color did you opt for?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah as your dealer...he sent me a screenshot w my name production start date end date etc..I got viola parsife w white alcantera ceramics etc..can’t wait. Lol how bout u?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah as your dealer...he sent me a screenshot w my name production start date end date etc..I got viola parsife w white alcantera ceramics etc..can’t wait. Lol how bout u?
Very nice! Arancio Xanto for me. Trying to not think about the wait right now....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just beginning the process of potentially ordering a new Evo and was wondering if anyone had any tips/advice on what to do/not to do in order to get the best deal. As there a targeted discount range that I should go for - or should I not expect any discounts at all? Any advice is appreciated thanks!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,097 Posts
Just beginning the process of potentially ordering a new Evo and was wondering if anyone had any tips/advice on what to do/not to do in order to get the best deal. As there a targeted discount range that I should go for - or should I not expect any discounts at all? Any advice is appreciated thanks!
I will let others chime in but I got about a 2% discount (mostly in the form of freebees and free shipping) off a dealership specced 2021 EVO but made up for it with an excellent trade in value on my 2019 580-2 + tax savings of $12K.
I heard one member get a 4% discount off of MSRP but had to pay shipping. The reality the Lamborghinis' are selling very quickly and that may create some headwind for discounts but that shouldn't stop you from negotiating the best price possible. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,033
Every dealer is different, mine doesn't offer discounts on spec cars period. I think the higher volume dealerships would be more likely to cut a deal of some kind. LNB, Dallas, Miami etc..

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,097 Posts
Russ not for anything but I have had no luck with Dallas Lamborghini........now the rest of the story:

I will relate my experience with the Dallas Texas Lamborghini dealerships because it’s both informative and entertaining. I have tried repeatedly to work a deal the Dallas dealership all to no avail, they never return my calls or respond. When I was working a deal for the second Huracan with NC dealership and they told me repeatedly up until the day we were going to consummate the deal an offer of 190K for my trade then in the 11th hour suddenly 180K for the trade. So, I post the problem on this forum and things smooth out and we are back to 190K again.
Though, that’s not the point or the most interesting part of this tale. Two days after the deal with NC apparently falls through, I am actively putting together a deal and talking with a Dallas salesperson and we talked and e-mailed each other back and forth that day about 10 times and he indicated they already had closed for the day and we could pursue the deal on Monday. Then Monday rolls around and nothing for about 5 weeks and then I get a call from said salesperson and wanted to know if I was still interested. What the heck????? I explained to him when he failed to get back in touch with me on Monday, I closed a deal for the EVO that day with NC. I also explained to him I have purchased two Huracans in 5 months from NC because you guys never return calls or e-mails.
I am both perplexed and bewildered. This hardly conforms to any notion I have of professionalism. So my batting average with the Texas dealerships is a big goose egg.

·
Premium Member
15,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,035
There is one salesperson at Dallas that has helped many forum members and I reached out to him as well and even though I wasn't going to buy a car from him he sent me options list and information. He is one person I would have been glad to work with, knowledgeable and helpful. John Hrad.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,097 Posts
There is one salesperson at Dallas that has helped many forum members and I reached out to him as well and even though I wasn't going to buy a car from him he sent me options list and information. He is one person I would have been glad to work with, knowledgeable and helpful. John Hrad.
Speak of the devil......it was John I spoke to. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
15,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,038

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,097 Posts
Was John good to you?
My friend that's a joke looking for home. Some of these salespeople are inexplicable they have the wisdom of youth and the energy of old age. ;)
Listen Russ, I called him on a Saturday to do a deal and he indicates he will get back to me on Monday then 5 weeks passo_O and he calls and ask If I am still interested. Too incredible for words, you just can make this sh*t up.

·
Registered
98 Posts
or should I not expect any discounts at all?
You should always expect/try for a discount - indeed...it is your duty !

I wangled a 5% discount on my recently ordered evo rwd spyder.

TBH I should have pushed harder for more.

I was a cash buyer & no trade in.

The no-trade-in element worked in my favour. ( would have been a G Perf)

The cash buyer part .... not necessarily so... most profitable part of the dealership is finance dept... so I think if you are financing you should / can really negotiate even harder on the price.

Here's what I did:

1: do not price the car up yourself and venture the total less your hoped-for discount. There are all sorts of weird pricing & discounts on these cars that don't tally with the list prices .....you will be shafting yourself if you just add up all your options and offer 10% less.

2.Ask the dealer to price up the car as per your spec.

3.Let that sit for at least a week - meanwhile do not initiate any contact or respond to the dealer.

4.Following that, next time the dealer chases up, reply: ' make me an offer I can't refuse & lets do a deal'

Job done. ( unless it's Texas Dallas dealerships as described above... in which case.. all bets are off apparently!)

1021 - 1040 of 1067 Posts