Lamborghini Talk banner

241 - 260 of 722 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
I don't want to lose my warranty for that ...
Yes I know what you mean. It took me over a year to convince myself to flash my ECU on my current one. I will probably wait a bit on 2021, but I am sure I will end up doing it eventually.

·
Registered
117 Posts
That should not be necessary, but yes, ofc !
Doesn't bother me, I think it's good to have options! Maybe there's a situation you want a quiet start, now you can choose. Too bad it doesn't have memory setting and resets each time though

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yes I know what you mean. It took me over a year to convince myself to flash my ECU on my current one. I will probably wait a bit on 2021, but I am sure I will end up doing it eventually.
I remember when I was trying to talk you into getting the tune after I got mine. I told you it was well worth it!

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
I remember when I was trying to talk you into getting the tune after I got mine. I told you it was well worth it!
Yes, I and wish I would have done it sooner. Very inexpensive item for such a big return.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
I checked the UNICA app and it still says my new EVO RWD is "in production". Has anyone else got this and do you know what comes next or how long it is supposed to be "in production"?

Reactions: NFA Review Channel

·
Registered
137 Posts
at least 2 month before you get it .. i got mine i think 1 - 2 month after it said "final stage of production" .. and i am way closer to italy than you ;-)

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
99 Posts
I‘ve installed UNICA, but don’t have a VIN yet, so can’t say Russ.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
at least 2 month before you get it .. i got mine i think 1 - 2 month after it said "final stage of production" .. and i am way closer to italy than you ;-)
That’s great at least I know what to expect after it says” Final stage of production“. Did you get a VIN # as well?

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
I‘ve installed UNICA, but don’t have a VIN yet, so can’t say Russ.
Did you already get “ Final stage of production“? When do you get a VIN #?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I didn't get the VIN within UNICA, but my dealer told me there was a VIN even before it said "in production" in UNICA.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Russ I haven’t entered production yet... lots of waiting still to do!

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
I didn't get the VIN within UNICA, but my dealer told me there was a VIN even before it said "in production" in UNICA.
Thanks Leon, I’m going to ask my dealer for my VIN now that I know it can be done. I tend to get nothing unless I ask for it.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Russ I haven’t entered production yet... lots of waiting still to do!
Oh, I somehow thought you were a bit ahead of me. I’ll keep you posted on my progress. Ordered in June and got in production about 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ordered in August with build slot in February... I think the VIN is created just before you enter production, so if you need it for insurance or license plates, dealer should be able to get it now... I was told my dealer will email me when my build “locks” about 60 - 70 days before production.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Ordered in August with build slot in February... I think the VIN is created just before you enter production, so if you need it for insurance or license plates, dealer should be able to get it now... I was told my dealer will email me when my build “locks” about 60 - 70 days before production.
‘You are 3 months behind me. I’m told mine should finish production by November 15th. That’s a total of 5 months for me. Yours should be finished production by January. Maybe they’re being conservative.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My understanding of the VIN is that it is on the engine and when the engine is installed on the production line then your car has its VIN... I am still “in production“ for my RWD per Unica... received my VIN & window sticker two weeks ago from the dealer... delivery in southern cal about Nov/Dec...

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
My understanding of the VIN is that it is on the engine and when the engine is installed on the production line then your car has its VIN... I am still “in production“ for my RWD per Unica... received my VIN & window sticker two weeks ago from the dealer... delivery in southern cal about Nov/Dec...
Lucky you. I will be shortly after that. Please let me know when you see your Unica car status change.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi everyone i'm starting my search for something new. considering an EVO rwd, how does this work? are new orders normally at MSRP? thats what my local dealer is telling me. What kind of discounts normally run on in stock inventory? thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
On a new order that you personally specify discounts are scarce. If you can find one on the showroom floor people are getting anywhere from 3% to 10% so I am told. Just check around the country and you will get a pretty good idea of what is out there. Some of the best dealers are Newport Beach, Dallas, Miami and there are many more but these seem to have large inventories.

241 - 260 of 722 Posts