Lamborghini Talk banner

221 - 240 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
If i don't turn on the ignition before it will automatically start in strada.

But even if i switch mode to sport or corsa during the cold start, the flaps stay closed ..

... so many EVO owners here, can anyone have a real look please? :)
If you unlock the car and get in can't you switch mode to sport/corsa before hitting start button? I had a demo model for a day from dealership I'm about 90% sure I was able to do that so it would start in loud mode

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Yes, you can just turn the ignition on with you foot off the brake and change it to corsa then start her up.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you start in Strada, exhaust flaps will be open during start procedure, but will close relatively soon afterwards, especially if you engage a gear. This is for a MY19 Performante.
Yes, starting with flaps open is loud, but it's appropriate for such a car if you ask me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
damn, mine are closed for the whole coldstart .. have to talk to my dealer :-(
must be MY21 change

·
Premium Member
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
damn, mine are closed for the whole coldstart .. have to talk to my dealer :-(
must be MY21 change
‘if you start it in sport or corsa, not strada mode then it will cold start with valves open right?

·
Registered
98 Posts
i haven't tried that yet, because i will just step on the brake and start the car, which then will automatically be in strada.

but i did switch the car to sport / corsa during the coldstart (like 2 seconds after starting the car (in strada)), but the valves stay closed !

·
Premium Member
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
You guys have opened pandora's box re: the colors. It's called verde Ermes and I love it so, so much. SA said it would be at least an 8 month lead time so between that and the crazy money I'm tempering myself as I still very much enjoy Rosso Mars and it's price of $0.

View attachment 288982
This is a very rich color, but not a popular one. I like it because it is different, but I think you would have a hard time selling it.

·
Registered
736 Posts
This is a very rich color, but not a popular one. I like it because it is different, but I think you would have a hard time selling it.
That green is nice but Lambo owners are into the vibrant greens like Verde Mantis.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That was a Vancouver car. The dealer had a hell of a time selling it.
Helpful info thank you.

I also think it’s beautiful, but can understand why it wouldn’t appeal to some. It’s more elegant than shouty.
This is a big element to me. Not another silver/grey/black/white car but still understated.

Definitely something to consider. My attitude is usually to say screw it and get whatever I want. Have a long history of ordering cars in weird colors, but definitely a little scarier at this price point.

That green is nice but Lambo owners are into the vibrant greens like Verde Mantis.
For sure. I've never been a fan of those crazy greens, but perhaps due to a bit of early life Top Gear exposure induced anglophilia, I'm a sucker for British Racing Green or any variety of the hue.

I think I've decided that I'm going with Mars red barring a discount off MSRP. I know it's silly at a price this high but I can't warp my head around $14 grand for a color that I don't believe will affect resale vs the free mars red which I think is still an appropriate "Lambo" color.

In any event, I got a quote from another dealer today. Offered quite a bit more (about 7% more) on my Ferrari 458 and around 12% more on my GT-R, so very temping. However, they said my order would be here in June whereas the first dealer is sticking with February. First dealer told me they haven't had an Evo order in a bit, I wonder if it's just a matter of allocation or just over optimism on the first dealers part. June is a long haul, as I'd be pre-trading both cars and stuck driving my 16 year old Mercedes toy and a Mini E that's incoming in the next 0 days to 3 months.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Helpful info thank you.

This is a big element to me. Not another silver/grey/black/white car but still understated.

Definitely something to consider. My attitude is usually to say screw it and get whatever I want. Have a long history of ordering cars in weird colors, but definitely a little scarier at this price point.

For sure. I've never been a fan of those crazy greens, but perhaps due to a bit of early life Top Gear exposure induced anglophilia, I'm a sucker for British Racing Green or any variety of the hue.

I think I've decided that I'm going with Mars red barring a discount off MSRP. I know it's silly at a price this high but I can't warp my head around $14 grand for a color that I don't believe will affect resale vs the free mars red which I think is still an appropriate "Lambo" color.

In any event, I got a quote from another dealer today. Offered quite a bit more (about 7% more) on my Ferrari 458 and around 12% more on my GT-R, so very temping. However, they said my order would be here in June whereas the first dealer is sticking with February. First dealer told me they haven't had an Evo order in a bit, I wonder if it's just a matter of allocation or just over optimism on the first dealers part. June is a long haul, as I'd be pre-trading both cars and stuck driving my 16 year old Mercedes toy and a Mini E that's incoming in the next 0 days to 3 months.
If you're going with one of the free colours would it not make more sense to buy an in-stock car or a used one when it pops up? You can usually discount significantly more then custom order and you wouldn't have to wait 8-10+ months

To me the whole point of custom order is getting the car in your perfect spec. Even a rosso mars performante would be not impossible to find and in same price point of custom order Evo, would be a very compelling proposition

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you're going with one of the free colours would it not make more sense to buy an in-stock car or a used one when it pops up? You can usually discount significantly more then custom order and you wouldn't have to wait 8-10+ months

To me the whole point of custom order is getting the car in your perfect spec. Even a rosso mars performante would be not impossible to find and in same price point of custom order Evo, would be a very compelling proposition
I’m definitely open to it but my desired spec has some peculiarities that I imagine will be tough to find:

-I must have the comfy (non sport) seats full electric with heat. Beyond me driving my cars regularly and therefore wanting comfort, I have to have lumbar and heat for my back. Though the sport seats are awesome, they’re not acceptable for me and most cars seem to have them.

-superfluous though it may be, I really want the upgraded audio. I’m an audiophile and while I don’t expect anything incredible, it would be nice to finally have a car of this ilk with a sound system that isn’t horrific.

-19 inch wheels. This would be easy enough to remedy, but the roads around here are so bad I’d rather not have the 20s.

It does seem that most of the EVOs are getting the lifestyle+drivers packages which round out the list of must haves.

Perhaps given your suggestion I should call a few more dealers and see if they have anything incoming that could work.

The MSRP of my spec is in the $230s with all fees and destination. I would imagine most of the inventory cars will be $20K+ more.

·
Premium Member
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
i haven't tried that yet, because i will just step on the brake and start the car, which then will automatically be in strada.

but i did switch the car to sport / corsa during the coldstart (like 2 seconds after starting the car (in strada)), but the valves stay closed !
BTW Leon, my valves after about 30 Sec. On cold start.

·
Premium Member
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
I’m definitely open to it but my desired spec has some peculiarities that I imagine will be tough to find:

-I must have the comfy (non sport) seats full electric with heat. Beyond me driving my cars regularly and therefore wanting comfort, I have to have lumbar and heat for my back. Though the sport seats are awesome, they’re not acceptable for me and most cars seem to have them.

-superfluous though it may be, I really want the upgraded audio. I’m an audiophile and while I don’t expect anything incredible, it would be nice to finally have a car of this ilk with a sound system that isn’t horrific.

-19 inch wheels. This would be easy enough to remedy, but the roads around here are so bad I’d rather not have the 20s.

It does seem that most of the EVOs are getting the lifestyle+drivers packages which round out the list of must haves.

Perhaps given your suggestion I should call a few more dealers and see if they have anything incoming that could work.

The MSRP of my spec is in the $230s with all fees and destination. I would imagine most of the inventory cars will be $20K+ more.
It sounds like you have this worked out pretty well. Interesting to see what you end up buying.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
If you start in Strada, exhaust flaps will be open during start procedure, but will close relatively soon afterwards, especially if you engage a gear. This is for a MY19 Performante.
Yes, starting with flaps open is loud, but it's appropriate for such a car if you ask me.
They stay open for a longer time if the car is cold but close quickly (or stay closed). This is extremely loud on my 16'Spyder with the race exhaust (in fact way too loud for my neighborhood). I wish they stay closed until I decide myself when the open at low rpm. The flaps are activated by the cars vacuum system and there is a solenoid valve that controls them for on/off. So until enough vacuum ist built up the flaps cannot close even the solenoid valve is closed (= flaps are open). Also vacuum is stored in the canister and this is why they close immediately after warm startup.The solenoid also closes after around 4k rpm. if one unplugs the vacuum line and put a plug onto the solenoid valve the flaps stay open all the time. This was easy to do on the G but we cannot access the solenoid valve easily on our cars.

I wonder why the flaps don't work the other way. They should close if there is no vacuum and open when the solenoid valve is open and vacuum moves their levers on both sides.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Bad news: Flaps stay closed on coldstart with MY21 .. can't change that. So the coldstart is now extremly quiet compared to a MY20 EVO .. and i mean realy quiet! :-(

After the coldstart i can immediately open them with sport-mode, but during the coldstart they will always stay closed (in every mode).

I am not sure if the car is overall quieter than the MY20, but i think it is.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bad news: Flaps stay closed on coldstart with MY21 .. can't change that. So the coldstart is now extremly quiet compared to a MY20 EVO .. and i mean realy quiet! :-(

After the coldstart i can immediately open them with sport-mode, but during the coldstart they will always stay closed (in every mode).

I am not sure if the car is overall quieter than the MY20, but i think it is.
Did you try switching to sport/corsa before starting engine?

·
Registered
98 Posts
That should not be necessary, but yes, ofc !

·
Premium Member
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
That should not be necessary, but yes, ofc !
You're right it shouldn't be necessary. I sure hope they aren't messing with the 2021 models and changing that beautiful exhaust note. Anyone else have a 2021, please chime in?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sounds like it’s confirmed but those who will add the ECU will be able to bypass Most likely. Wonder the reason for the change?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't want to lose my warranty for that ...

221 - 240 of 257 Posts