Lamborghini Talk banner

181 - 200 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
MY 21 doesn't have Alexa yet, it will be available 2021 and will just be a software update for all EVOs ...

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
MY 21 doesn't have Alexa yet, it will be available 2021 and will just be a software update for all EVOs ...
That is good news to all EVO owners!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just got a VIN/Window Sticker for my inbound Evo... arrives Nov/Dec... also, no Alexa... good to hear about software update capability...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have had a Ferrari 458 for nearly a year and absolutely adore it, but seriously considering EVO RWD to get a new warranty, pre paid maintenance, and less milage sensitivity. I would be my main daily driver (have other cars when needed but I fail to see the reason to own something like this and not use it as much as I care to).

Anyway, had a bit of a faff with the config tool but think I have settled on a build:

I tried to be reasonably judicious with the options. My dream spec would be a dark metallic green with a 100% alcantara tan interior and dark bronze wheels but when I went to build everything color I liked was $14K and I just couldn't stomach it. Started from the most basic spec possible and worked my way up.

I have a mars red Mercedes and have always been partial to the color so very easy for me to settle on it being one of the only free colors. I wanted something a little more subtle but I have to admit the red looks great.

I was going to go for the alcantara interior but discovered that Marrone Orpheus (dark brown) is actually free and looks rather nice augmented by contrast white stitching for a reasonable sum.

My SA thought silver calipers were free once you upgrade to ceramic via the Life style + Drivers pack but it turns out though carbon ceramics come in that package, you must pay for a color, so I have switched the calipers to red.

I'm a big audiophile and after dealing with so many awful systems between Ferrari and Lotus I figured if there was one gratuitous option I know I'll never get back on resale that I'd do for myself, it would be the best sound possible. No interest in doing aftermarket.

Finally, the sport seats look great, but I like heat and need lumbar for my back.

In conclusion, waiting for trade in values on my 458 and GT-R and may move forward soon if numbers look good. Dealer said car would be here in Feb which seems incredibly reasonable to me (Long Island, NY)

Think the mars red on brown would be a classy spec. Much thanks for the help and suggestions on this thread.

·
Premium Member
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Welcom rot8te!
That looks great you have all the "must haves". Thanks for sharing, keep us posted as things progress.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Have had a Ferrari 458 for nearly a year and absolutely adore it, but seriously considering EVO RWD to get a new warranty, pre paid maintenance, and less milage sensitivity. I would be my main daily driver (have other cars when needed but I fail to see the reason to own something like this and not use it as much as I care to).

Anyway, had a bit of a faff with the config tool but think I have settled on a build:

View attachment 288927

I tried to be reasonably judicious with the options. My dream spec would be a dark metallic green with a 100% alcantara tan interior and dark bronze wheels but when I went to build everything color I liked was $14K and I just couldn't stomach it. Started from the most basic spec possible and worked my way up.

I have a mars red Mercedes and have always been partial to the color so very easy for me to settle on it being one of the only free colors. I wanted something a little more subtle but I have to admit the red looks great.

I was going to go for the alcantara interior but discovered that Marrone Orpheus (dark brown) is actually free and looks rather nice augmented by contrast white stitching for a reasonable sum.

My SA thought silver calipers were free once you upgrade to ceramic via the Life style + Drivers pack but it turns out though carbon ceramics come in that package, you must pay for a color, so I have switched the calipers to red.

I'm a big audiophile and after dealing with so many awful systems between Ferrari and Lotus I figured if there was one gratuitous option I know I'll never get back on resale that I'd do for myself, it would be the best sound possible. No interest in doing aftermarket.

Finally, the sport seats look great, but I like heat and need lumbar for my back.

In conclusion, waiting for trade in values on my 458 and GT-R and may move forward soon if numbers look good. Dealer said car would be here in Feb which seems incredibly reasonable to me (Long Island, NY)

Think the mars red on brown would be a classy spec. Much thanks for the help and suggestions on this thread.
What's your handle on F-chat? I owned a 458 Spider for a couple years my favorite car I've owned but compared to an Huracan/EVO looks dated, especially the interior which is a given since it's 2 generations old before the 488 and F8.

I love my Rosso Mars paint. It radiates in direct sunlight and is far superior to the paint on my Guards Red GT3 in terms of color intensity.

Looks like you ordered all the key options. I'm not super familiar with all the packages but I assume you have the Branding Package and Transparent Engine Bonnet in there somewhere.

Good call on the red calipers. I have black Giano's with CCB and red calipers and the contrast looks good. I think silver wheels would look good also. Had silver diamond forged rims on my California and silver forged rims on my 458.

Rosso Mars on dark brown interior is more of a Ferrari combination. I've never seen a Huracan with a brown interior but if the combo works for you then do it. I have red stitching on black Alcantara and love the interior. Alcantara feels more sporty to me and I get more hot with a leather interior.

I daily drive mine to work but it goes from home garage to secure covered garage. Never leave it in public spaces unattended but others are different.

·
Registered
47 Posts

View attachment 288927

View attachment 288927

Was driving my red 458 Spyder when an HP blew past me on Sunset Blvd and I could never forget the sound... so now- like you, I am going to be an Evo RWD owner... I did take my 458 to the Lambo dealer to park next to a Rosso Mars Evo for comparison and I will say, for me, the Ferrari red could not be beat so I changed color options and ordered an Evo in orange Xanto... thanks for showing your build... if you get the red calipers they may be a different shade than the Evo red and if that matters they can be painted to match... I ordered my car pre-Covid in Feb and hope to get it (Los Angeles) by Nov/Dec, so if you can get yours by Feb that would be quite something... good luck...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcom rot8te!
That looks great you have all the "must haves". Thanks for sharing, keep us posted as things progress.
Appreciate the warm welcome! Will update.

What's your handle on F-chat? I owned a 458 Spider for a couple years my favorite car I've owned but compared to an Huracan/EVO looks dated, especially the interior which is a given since it's 2 generations old before the 488 and F8.

I love my Rosso Mars paint. It radiates in direct sunlight and is far superior to the paint on my Guards Red GT3 in terms of color intensity.

Looks like you ordered all the key options. I'm not super familiar with all the packages but I assume you have the Branding Package and Transparent Engine Bonnet in there somewhere.

Good call on the red calipers. I have black Giano's with CCB and red calipers and the contrast looks good. I think silver wheels would look good also. Had silver diamond forged rims on my California and silver forged rims on my 458.

Rosso Mars on dark brown interior is more of a Ferrari combination. I've never seen a Huracan with a brown interior but if the combo works for you then do it. I have red stitching on black Alcantara and love the interior. Alcantara feels more sporty to me and I get more hot with a leather interior.

I daily drive mine to work but it goes from home garage to secure covered garage. Never leave it in public spaces unattended but others are different.
I'm Rotate on Fchat but I tend not to post too much. It's a very tough call for me as I absolutely adore the 458 and I think they're in a very good spot re: depreciation, however as they start to get older it's making me ponder using the car as often as I'd want to. Still not 100% sure what to do. I keep oscillating between saying screw it and driving the Ferrari every day versus getting a Huracan and having the latest toys and fixed costs.

Thank you for the info on Mars red. I was going to do the two tone black and white Alcantara (I'm not a big leather person and would sooner have cloth if not alcantara) but I when I saw brown was free I thought I'd just save the money and put it towards the fully electric seats with butt warmers and lumbar. The white contrast stitching makes it pop for a reasonable amount of money. Agree its a typically Ferrari color scheme (though a darker shade of brown than typical Ferrari tan), but I love it non the less. Had a guards red on beige Porsche which I was quite fond of so always partial to that scheme. My Ferrari is actually Nero/Nero with white stitching which was very out of character for me and I'm missing having a color.

The packages give you Lift, mag ride, transparent bonnet, ceramics, 3 yrs maintenance, and a few other odds and ends. Went with the body color style pack as I love the look the body color rear diffuser, but didn't go for branding package. It just empirically bothers me to have to pay to emblemize my car with a company logo--though I concede it looks good. I'm the stubborn person who also thinks the Ferrari shields are ridiculous, though I understand they're so de-rigueur that it makes it incredibly hard to sell without so I made sure I found one so equipped.

I hear you on parking. Until very recently I lived in midtown Manhattan so had to park my Ferrari on the street here and there for a quick jaunt. Never a fun feeling, but it's that or let the car sit. Retreated to the suburbs for now so less of an issue though I'll probably be back in the city.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was driving my red 458 Spyder when an HP blew past me on Sunset Blvd and I could never forget the sound... so now- like you, I am going to be an Evo RWD owner... I did take my 458 to the Lambo dealer to park next to a Rosso Mars Evo for comparison and I will say, for me, the Ferrari red could not be beat so I changed color options and ordered an Evo in orange Xanto... thanks for showing your build... if you get the red calipers they may be a different shade than the Evo red and if that matters they can be painted to match... I ordered my car pre-Covid in Feb and hope to get it (Los Angeles) by Nov/Dec, so if you can get yours by Feb that would be quite something... good luck...
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I really wanted a dark green or blue but I'm too cheap to fork over $14K for a color so probably will stick with red. Great point re: caliper color, I will ask the SA tomorrow. Thats quite the wait, hope your car arrives soon! Inventory manager said the factory is almost back to normal as it regards lead times, so they felt Feb was reasonable but I too was dubious. Coming from the Lotus world where the range is "perhaps sometime in the future" or my GT-R which took 6 months, I'll be very impressed with Feb. Port of Baltimore to NY probably shaves a few weeks off versus west coast but who knows. I'm also 6 months in to what I imagine will be multi year wait on the New Morgan Plus 4.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Appreciate the warm welcome! Will update.

I'm Rotate on Fchat but I tend not to post too much. It's a very tough call for me as I absolutely adore the 458 and I think they're in a very good spot re: depreciation, however as they start to get older it's making me ponder using the car as often as I'd want to. Still not 100% sure what to do. I keep oscillating between saying screw it and driving the Ferrari every day versus getting a Huracan and having the latest toys and fixed costs.

Thank you for the info on Mars red. I was going to do the two tone black and white Alcantara (I'm not a big leather person and would sooner have cloth if not alcantara) but I when I saw brown was free I thought I'd just save the money and put it towards the fully electric seats with butt warmers and lumbar. The white contrast stitching makes it pop for a reasonable amount of money. Agree its a typically Ferrari color scheme (though a darker shade of brown than typical Ferrari tan), but I love it non the less. Had a guards red on beige Porsche which I was quite fond of so always partial to that scheme. My Ferrari is actually Nero/Nero with white stitching which was very out of character for me and I'm missing having a color.

The packages give you Lift, mag ride, transparent bonnet, ceramics, 3 yrs maintenance, and a few other odds and ends. Went with the body color style pack as I love the look the body color rear diffuser, but didn't go for branding package. It just empirically bothers me to have to pay to emblemize my car with a company logo--though I concede it looks good. I'm the stubborn person who also thinks the Ferrari shields are ridiculous, though I understand they're so de-rigueur that it makes it incredibly hard to sell without so I made sure I found one so equipped.

I hear you on parking. Until very recently I lived in midtown Manhattan so had to park my Ferrari on the street here and there for a quick jaunt. Never a fun feeling, but it's that or let the car sit. Retreated to the suburbs for now so less of an issue though I'll probably be back in the city.

Thanks for the feedback!
Sounds like you've done your research and got everything sorted. Stealth combo Nero/Nero 458. My spider was Grigio Titanio on Nero with Grigio Chiaro stitching. I too paid to have the Cavallino embroided on the headrest it was some ridiculous price but I always enjoyed looking at the horse when I got in the car. The bull on my Huracan's headrest isn't even colored, it's just embossed black with the Branding Package and I have an offset Lamborghini insignia above the glove compartment but I still get a kick out of looking at both when I get in the H. YMMV.

I got you on the brown interior. My California had a Cuoio interior which I adored but the rear seats got dirty with the top down and I was always wiping them down so I ordered Nero on the 458 Spider but then it got hotter in the bright sun being black so I would keep the roof up and lower the rear window during peak sun hours.

The exterior on my California was Nero Daytona first and last black car I'll ever own HA. Wish I knew about ceramic coating back in the day. My Rosso Mars H is ceramic coated I wash it every 2 months or so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like you've done your research and got everything sorted. Stealth combo Nero/Nero 458. My spider was Grigio Titanio on Nero with Grigio Chiaro stitching. I too paid to have the Cavallino embroided on the headrest it was some ridiculous price but I always enjoyed looking at the horse when I got in the car. The bull on my Huracan's headrest isn't even colored, it's just embossed black with the Branding Package and I have an offset Lamborghini insignia above the glove compartment but I still get a kick out of looking at both when I get in the H. YMMV.

I got you on the brown interior. My California had a Cuoio interior which I adored but the rear seats got dirty with the top down and I was always wiping them down so I ordered Nero on the 458 Spider but then it got hotter in the bright sun being black so I would keep the roof up and lower the rear window during peak sun hours.

The exterior on my California was Nero Daytona first and last black car I'll ever own HA. Wish I knew about ceramic coating back in the day. My Rosso Mars H is ceramic coated I wash it every 2 months or so.
Totally agree on branding pack looking awesome and hoping it's not equivalent to Ferrari shields in terms of being a must have that could bite me in the ass later should I go through with this. Dealer insisted the only thing that is consistently an issue for them is cars without lift. I thought they were going to push me to get 20 inch wheels but surprisingly they encouraged me taking the 19s that come with the drivers/lifestyle pack. I'm thinking mag ride and 19s will make it that much more tolerable on awful NYC roads.

Love Grigio Titanio, that must have been a super sharp comob. Cuoio does seem to get dirty. I had pure Ivory seats in one of my Lotus Evoras and I had it detailed rather regularly but it did clean up well.

Yup, black cars are a PITA. I was going to wrap the 458 British Racing Green (I don't know why I have a thing for green cars but have somehow managed to never own one) but the original owner had nearly head to toe PPF and I didn't feel like ripping perfectly good film off the car so I left it so nero it remains. Glad to hear the Ceramic Rosso mars stays clean.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Totally agree on branding pack looking awesome and hoping it's not equivalent to Ferrari shields in terms of being a must have that could bite me in the ass later should I go through with this. Dealer insisted the only thing that is consistently an issue for them is cars without lift. I thought they were going to push me to get 20 inch wheels but surprisingly they encouraged me taking the 19s that come with the drivers/lifestyle pack. I'm thinking mag ride and 19s will make it that much more tolerable on awful NYC roads.

Love Grigio Titanio, that must have been a super sharp comob. Cuoio does seem to get dirty. I had pure Ivory seats in one of my Lotus Evoras and I had it detailed rather regularly but it did clean up well.

Yup, black cars are a PITA. I was going to wrap the 458 British Racing Green (I don't know why I have a thing for green cars but have somehow managed to never own one) but the original owner had nearly head to toe PPF and I didn't feel like ripping perfectly good film off the car so I left it so nero it remains. Glad to hear the Ceramic Rosso mars stays clean.
Co-sign on the lift I use it regularly and still installed skid plates on the H. 458 no lift and never scraped. Good call on the 19’s with mega potholes in NYC. I have 20’s which are fine for my roads but you will need a dentist and chiropractor on call in NYC and will end up spending money to fix bent rims running larger rims.

I don’t have mag ride but imagine for your roads it would be key. One thing I really liked about the 458 is Race setting with Bumpy road suspension.

Keep us posted on the car’s progress so we can live vicariously through your journey.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I really wanted a dark green or blue but I'm too cheap to fork over $14K for a color so probably will stick with red. Great point re: caliper color, I will ask the SA tomorrow. Thats quite the wait, hope your car arrives soon! Inventory manager said the factory is almost back to normal as it regards lead times, so they felt Feb was reasonable but I too was dubious. Coming from the Lotus world where the range is "perhaps sometime in the future" or my GT-R which took 6 months, I'll be very impressed with Feb. Port of Baltimore to NY probably shaves a few weeks off versus west coast but who knows. I'm also 6 months in to what I imagine will be multi year wait on the New Morgan Plus 4.
458 is a great car, but let's be honest here you won't be saving any money buying an EVO RWD 😅

One of the best upgrades you can do is the paint. Lambo has some of the best colours in the industry and is one of the few cars that really look best in unique colours. Not only that but you'll get it alot back on resale down the road if you decide to let go later. I saw a rosso efesto EVO on the road a couple months ago, it literally blew my mind

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey guys just an update. I asked dealer for access to Unica app. Took about 1.5 weeks for access. Got it installed yesterday and today got my finished production shot. Dealer says it's due end of the month but app says car is still in production, we'll see. Bday is 10th of Nov so would be epic bday present. It's also halloween spec, so would be appropriate for Halloween 😅

Arancio Atlas on all black Alcantara with sport seats, 19" Vanir black wheels, CCB, magnaride dampers. Ordered February.

Attachments

Reactions: DXM31

·
Premium Member
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
One of the best upgrades you can do is the paint. Lambo has some of the best colours in the industry and is one of the few cars that really look best in unique colours.
That is so true, I was thinking how and unattractive some of the Lambo special colors would look on ordinary cars, but on a Lambo it just works.

·
Premium Member
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Hey guys just an update. I asked dealer for access to Unica app. Took about 1.5 weeks for access. Got it installed yesterday and today got my finished production shot. Dealer says it's due end of the month but app says car is still in production, we'll see. Bday is 10th of Nov so would be epic bday present. It's also halloween spec, so would be appropriate for Halloween 😅

Arancio Atlas on all black Alcantara with sport seats, 19" Vanir black wheels, CCB, magnaride dampers. Ordered February.
NIck, we share the same birthday! I would love to get mine here by the 10th, but I think it might be closer to December or January.

Reactions: nickorette

·
Premium Member
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
BTW, I just checked the Unica app and it says my car is still in production. My dealer tells me now that it will not be finished till next month.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just a quick question for the evo owners:

are the exhaust flaps open or closed on a cold start? and yes, you have to look directly into the exhaust while starting the car :cool:

·
Premium Member
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
I am certain the valves are open on cold start, all Huracan's are open on cold start.

·
Registered
736 Posts

Halloween spec nice! Orange on a Lambo just works

181 - 200 of 257 Posts