Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
It looks like you have 58.86% clutch life left, 41.14% of the clutch was used since installed.
Learned value is the latest snapshot, new value is the snapshot that was taken when the clutch was new/installed.

The formula from what I know is: (learned minus new) * 14.2857 = % of the clutch worn since new snapshot, anyone else can chime in to verify but it's a pretty straight forward formula.
the only piece I do not know about the formula is where the 14.2857 number comes from.

(14.8 - 11.9) * 14.2857

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tommy,

Thats exactly the percentage the dealer told me, but I just wanted to confirm. Appreciate that, thanks alot

·
Registered
101 Posts
It looks like you have 58.86% clutch life left, 41.14% of the clutch was used since installed.
Learned value is the latest snapshot, new value is the snapshot that was taken when the clutch was new/installed.

The formula from what I know is: (learned minus new) * 14.2857 = % of the clutch worn since new snapshot, anyone else can chime in to verify but it's a pretty straight forward formula.
the only piece I do not know about the formula is where the 14.2857 number comes from.

(14.8 - 11.9) * 14.2857
Hi been wondering were the 14.2857 comes from or were did you find that number ? Is this for the pre lp only math for the clutch wear or both ?

because on the lp service manual it states a different method here is copy of how they measure it

LP OWNERS MANUAL :
The difference between the 2 values determines the thickness of the clutch, which is deteriorated when less than 5.6 mm.

determine the clutch thickness measurement.
In addition to the value calculated by the difference of lines 3 and 4, also the other data establish the state of clutch wear:

clutch wear index
default = 4000 , default max = 15000
clutch kiss point
default = 480

Clutch status
clutch closed position
default min = 1050 , default max = 2000
clutch closed position (learned)
default min = 1050 , default max = 2000
• Line 1
• Line 2
indicates the degree of deterioration of the clutch (the clutch is deteriorated when the value is higher than 15000)
indicates the Kiss Point of the clutch (the clutch is deteriorated when the value is higher than 800)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts