Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone happen to have this rear spoiler camera cover for sale?
(Just need the cover. I do not need the camera)

Part # 400862591a

Lambotax is bizarre on this part...As why I'm asking if any member here has it & want to part with it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
464 Posts
Good Lord. $4.53 for the part, $130 tax. I thought price gouging was against the law...

Looks like a 3D print candidate

Reactions: NycLambo

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just did a head unit install and put in an aftermarket camera. Almost redesigned the part since it is slightly not right for the new camera but I made it work. If I ever decide to take it apart to make it perfect I'll have a 3D printable version.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Well come on man, help the guy out ❗
Yeah, I know, easier said than done...... it just doesn't pop out of there. You have to take the camera out to 'slide' it out of its' spot and we all know what That involves:(

Hmmmmm, I've seen you make the switches.... Think about all the little Lambo stuff you could make like this? You don't have a 3D printer yet?? If I wasn't so technologically challenged I'd take a serious look into it....................

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well come on man, help the guy out ❗
Yeah, I know, easier said than done...... it just doesn't pop out of there. You have to take the camera out to 'slide' it out of its' spot and we all know what That involves:(

Hmmmmm, I've seen you make the switches.... Think about all the little Lambo stuff you could make like this? You don't have a 3D printer yet?? If I wasn't so technologically challenged I'd take a serious look into it....................
I do have a 3D printed, a Taz 6. That's what I used to print the innards of the metal switches, the part that actually attaches to the car. The metal was glued on those plastic things.

I'd love to take it off and model that part since I want to play with slightly changing it (my camera is not 100% straight now since the new camera is slightly different) but I've got a lot on my plate right now at work and I'm booked the next couple of weekends. Time is my most scarce resource right now but I'm sure I'll get to that as I'd like to straighten the camera and design the part there that just fits the new camera a bit better.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just did a head unit install and put in an aftermarket camera. Almost redesigned the part since it is slightly not right for the new camera but I made it work. If I ever decide to take it apart to make it perfect I'll have a 3D printable version.
have a photo of it? Please make one for me crusingeek?

·
Registered
464 Posts
If you dare to be different you can take that aftermarket camera and mount it wherever you like.... mine is mounted just above the license plate between the two license lamps for an up close and personal look at whatever you're backing into. Sure, the factory one becomes redundant, but yank that whole spoiler off and save it (worth much $$ or put it back later for next owner)........ then buy one of the early ones, like this 2004 one for $90 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo spoiler OEM | eBay ......... and now you have a base for whatever you heart, imagination, and skill can create. Just MAKE SURE THE ONE YOU BUY COMES WITH THE TWO BASE BRACKETS AND COVERS because they are different for ones with third brake lights and/or rear camera ❗

·
Registered
464 Posts
That's beautiful dude. Obviously you must be CAD educated?? I know Nothing about CAD, but it interests me because my 20yr old nephew is taking classes for it. It's hard for me to comprehend that you can take some 3D computer rendering and 'print' it using a machine. Like all the little tiny measurements and dimensions necessary ??? just blows my mind

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. I'm educated in that I downloaded the software and followed some Fusion 360 YouTube getting started. It takes some time but I get pretty obsessed when trying to learn something so power through until I"m "competent".

·
Registered
138 Posts
@NycLambo I have a version that should work for you. Note I don't have the factory camera anymore this is the Atoto one so it is hard to tell 100% if the angles are correct but I'm pretty sure you can get this to work.

If you want to give it a go send me a private message and I'll send you my Paypal to cover the shipping plus a small fee to cover the material and time printing and I'll get it out to you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts