·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
02 Murci
VIN: ZA9BC10U82LA12142
Miles: 8,688
Price: $198,800

From the carfax, 4 previous owners but it is clean. Recent PPI from Lamborghini, found a leaking front CV joint, OBD codes not in "ready" (someone reset the codes?), and needs new tires. No other issues. I do realize that it does have a full sv body kit (concern because most that do full kits have been in a collision), and the shifter is not stock (guessing it broke at some point). Anyone got any information on this car? Thanks.

Dealer Ad

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
OBD monitors not ready could easily be from leaving the battery disconnected during storage to keep the battery from dying, which is common with super cars. I had that happen when I left the battery disconnected for a couple of weeks on another super car while I was waiting for parts during an AC compressor replacement, and then took it for its state inspection too soon afterwards. It does take a while for the monitors to reset.

But you should still have them drive it around enough for the readings to be taken to make sure there's nothing wrong.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OBD monitors not ready could easily be from leaving the battery disconnected during storage to keep the battery from dying, which is common with super cars. I had that happen when I left the battery disconnected for a couple of weeks on another super car while I was waiting for parts during an AC compressor replacement, and then took it for its state inspection too soon afterwards. It does take a while for the monitors to reset.

But you should still have them drive it around enough for the readings to be taken to make sure there's nothing wrong.
That’s understandable. I used the battery cutoff when the car is stored for a few weeks. Is that what you mean by disconnected?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same monitors not ready issue on my 02 which result in it failing the OBD emission test then having to go back after the second consecutive failure to do the old fashion sniffer test on the rollers to renew my tax sticker. I contacted the dealer to ask if there was an update flash for my car and they said they could flash my obd with the latest software for a fee but there were no open bulletins on my car. I would have to bring the car in and pay for a diagnostic and repair. It didn't feel right so I went off internet searching and sure enough there was a bulletin LTB L1XX.0.01.00.06 Readiness status reflashing

Called the dealer back, sent them a copy of the attached bulletin, they flashed my car at no fee and now my monitors are ready all the time like normal. The problem with the original software was the readiness codes would be cleared after the ignition was turned off so the car would behave like a battery disconnect from just turning off the engine.

Mike

Attachments

Reactions: Stimpy

·
Registered
239 Posts
Excellent information Mike. I ran into an identical issue in Canada where I failed the test. Paranoid about re-flashing an ECU that was running great I just waited until the emissions program was due to expire (through the winter anyways) to register my car. Nice to have the Lambo TSB though

·
@ChaseZimmerman
297 Posts
Wow! That's terrible. Definitely looks like that car.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Saying on FB that the driver just bought it and it’s the same car as above.

·
@ChaseZimmerman
297 Posts
The instagram link is dead or deleted. Any other sources?
It was confirmed that it was this car that burned down.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
It was confirmed that it was this car that burned down.
Strange they still have this car as an active listing on their site 3 weeks after the BBQ:

And surprising it hasn't hit the Carfax yet. Often it hits quick:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Strange they still have this car as an active listing on their site 3 weeks after the BBQ:

And surprising it hasn't hit the Carfax yet. Often it hits quick:
maybe it was never titled in the new owners name

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
maybe it was never titled in the new owners name
But even so, why leave it on your site for over 3 weeks as a car for sale? Maybe they like all the calls they get on a manual Murci even though it's not in the condition of the pics... I have heard that dealers get a ton of calls when they have a manual Murci advertised. But that's shady.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
But even so, why leave it on your site for over 3 weeks as a car for sale? Maybe they like all the calls they get on a manual Murci even though it's not in the condition of the pics... I have heard that dealers get a ton of calls when they have a manual Murci advertised. But that's shady.
I would not say shady
I would say marketing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts