Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Order car May17 and on May 17 Lamborghini "Validated and Registered" the order but still no Allocation. Dealership called me yesterday and said they got a 7 allocations for September but none for an AWD. They have only received one allocation for an AWD since I ordered and I am next in line for AWD. GM claimed he even contacted other dealerships to offer trading one of their allocations for an AWD one but said none got an AWD and said it seems Lambo has not been giving out any AWD allocations. So that is why I am asking here if anyone has received one? Told me since my order is registered it does mean they are committed to building it, just not sure when. He is going to try and get more info and thinks it could possibly be a supply constraint on some parts needed for AWD. I'm ok waiting a bit longer, he said if I get an Oct or Nov build would get car before July. At this point not a huge deal since I'm really loving my Evo Spyder and have only had it for 9 months and in a couple months car will be going into winter hibernation, also when you take car back out end of winter it kind of feels brand new to you again. Goal is to have the coupe before things get really hot here July/August.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I guess with limited amount of cars that can help keep their value up. I'm ok with waiting and plan has just been to get what will be near the end of the V10

·
Registered
119 Posts
I too placed a deposit for the AWD variant a couple months ago. I'm under the impression that my SA would try to specifically request an allocation for an AWD; don't think they're just dishing them out anymore.

I haven't been awarded an allocation yet, but the wait list is much less competitive than the RWD. I'm the only one with a deposit for AWD that I know of, but there's 4 waiting for the RWD Coupe as of July.

My dealer only got 1 RWD Evo Spyder allocation for September/August . The wait continues....

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
17,217 Posts
Wow, it seems allocations for the AWD EVOs are really tough to come by. Glad my preference is RWD otherwise I would have had to get at the end of this long and unruly line. Keep the faith!

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I too placed a deposit for the AWD variant a couple months ago. I'm under the impression that my SA would try to specifically request an allocation for an AWD; don't think they're just dishing them out anymore.

I haven't been awarded an allocation yet, but the wait list is much less competitive than the RWD. I'm the only one with a deposit for AWD that I know of, but there's 4 waiting for the RWD Coupe as of July.

My dealer only got 1 RWD Evo Spyder allocation for September/August . The wait continues....
Yea my dealer said got 7 allocations this month and only 1 for an Evo, was also for a RWD Spyder. Since they have multiple orders for RWD I feel pretty good being the next in line for an AWD.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I had some thoughts on the current supercar market and was chatting with a few others that have Huracans on order or are trying to get one. The 570s/600LT was a hot car but it ended production a year ago. Who wants the Arturo V6TT… nobody wanted the NSX with the same drivetrain, they also haven’t started shipping. If you go Ferrari the F8 Spyder is $400k+ and you can’t get an allocation unless you buy a used Ferrari from that dealer. So it leaves many looking to buy the Huracan RWD, best bang for the buck supercar in my opinion. I luckily got my allocation back in March but now you can’t find an allocation or they’re asking ADM. On the used market the RWD’s are going for 30k+ over MSRP, which is more than the AWD trim! Lamborghini went from a brand where you could walk into a dealer and get an allocation, now it’s very similar to Porsche GT cars. Who knows if it’s going to stick around but it’s pretty crazy. I called my dealer and my build got pushed from Nov to Dec since they’re constrained on the carbon seats but overall super lucky to even get an allocation. They said if I tried to get an allocation now, I would likely not get one while they’re building the Evo’s. Once Lambo announced the end of the N/A's coming, allocations dried up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone - maybe a moot point since it seems like the AWD versions are a thing of the past but I was trying to think which variant I wanted to pursue. Given the cost discrepancy between the AWD and RWD variants (I think your paying mostly for AWS and AWD), I was curious to see why people are choosing one versus the other. Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
17,217 Posts
Hi everyone - maybe a moot point since it seems like the AWD versions are a thing of the past but I was trying to think which variant I wanted to pursue. Given the cost discrepancy between the AWD and RWD variants (I think your paying mostly for AWS and AWD), I was curious to see why people are choosing one versus the other. Thank you in advance.
I chose the RWD because for me it was more exciting, raw, playful and fun but a case can be made for AWD especially if you want to do turbos or a supercharger. Hopefully, @Blu Bull and @fabo will chime in because they have articulated a well reasoned case for AWD. Best of luck!

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
I specifically ditched RWD this time for the following. I would assume most here have only experienced so much liveliness in driving these types of cars in a none track environment. It's not often you get the chance to go to roads where you can do this responsibly. A drive I've taken dozens of times going up to Zion National Park is an example I'll mention. Going up and down this particular twisty road you can let her rip.

My RWD Huracan felt really skittish when you'd push it and I got spooked on a few occasions. My .2 RS was much better however with that said I still didn't feel overly confident pushing beyond what I was comfortable with. My EVO awd felt super glued to the road. This feeling and confidence actually heightened the driving experience and fun factor for me as I no longer had to worry about driving home with tree bark stuck to the side of my car.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I specifically ditched RWD this time for the following. I would assume most here have only experienced so much liveliness in driving these types of cars in a none track environment. It's not often you get the chance to go to roads where you can do this responsibly. A drive I've taken dozens of times going up to Zion National Park is an example I'll mention. Going up and down this particular twisty road you can let her rip.

My RWD Huracan felt really skittish when you'd push it and I got spooked on a few occasions. My .2 RS was much better however with that said I still didn't feel overly confident pushing beyond what I was comfortable with. My EVO awd felt super glued to the road. This feeling and confidence actually heightened the driving experience and fun factor for me as I no longer had to worry about driving home with tree bark stuck to the side of my car.
I have a lot of track experience with Porsche GT3/GT4's and I wanted the RWD for the fun factor. I won't be tracking it as its too pretty for that and its more playful on canyon drives in SoCal. If you're a good enough driver you know how to step the back end out without wrecking it and there is still great mechanical grip for cornering. To each their own though and it all depends on the area you'll be utilizing the car, for me it'll only be driven in Arizona and SoCal.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
I have a lot of track experience with Porsche GT3/GT4's and I wanted the RWD for the fun factor. I won't be tracking it as its too pretty for that and its more playful on canyon drives in SoCal. If you're a good enough driver you know how to step the back end out without wrecking it and there is still great mechanical grip for cornering. To each their own though and it all depends on the area you'll be utilizing the car, for me it'll only be driven in Arizona and SoCal.
I agree with you 100% if you have a lot of track experience such as yourself. I would venture to say that most on exotic car forums don't. I've had a few track days and am in no way qualified to be stepping out the back end of one of these cars on public roads. After all the RWD cars I've had I love the awd on the EVO based on my driving experience which is basically just the average Joe driver like most on these forums.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I agree with you 100% if you have a lot of track experience such as yourself. I would venture to say that most on exotic car forums don't. I've had a few track days and am in no way qualified to be stepping out the back end of one of these cars on public roads. After all the RWD cars I've had I love the awd on the EVO based on my driving experience which is basically just the average Joe driver like most on these forums.
I drive pretty hard in the canyons if the conditions are right but if I'm going to push it, I take it to the track. I see so many comments on the internet saying the RWD isn't "safe" or its hard to drive. Look at the majority of sports cars out there, they're RWD (Porsche GT/McLaren/Ferrari/Mercedes GT/Corvette etc.)

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
I drive pretty hard in the canyons if the conditions are right but if I'm going to push it, I take it to the track. I see so many comments on the internet saying the RWD isn't "safe" or its hard to drive. Look at the majority of sports cars out there, they're RWD (Porsche GT/McLaren/Ferrari/Mercedes GT/Corvette etc.)
Yes, because they are designed and suppose to be driven "normally" on the streets. So they are safe. It's guys that crash on roads like Tail of the Dragon and other roads such as these that give them that undeserved reputation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the feedback everyone. One additional question - have you had any issues with the AWS system or have you heard of any? I figure that since Lambo is adding it to just about everything at this point, they have it figure out but as much as I love them... exotics are exotics.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.