Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first super car was a new 2011 Nissan GTR. Yes I believe GTR’s are a super car but that’s another topic…. I dumped a bunch on money into it and modded it to be a full bolt on GTR running on E85. It was built up and tuned on EcuTek by RD Engineering. If I remember correctly it was dyno’ed at 636 hp and 610 tq to the wheels. Anyway, I sold it to Fletcher Jones Audi in Costa Mesa for an R8. A couple years later I get a message on IG asking if this was my car. This person bought it at an auction because it was crashed. He sent me the pics. Literally broke my heart! I loved that car so much and it hurt seeing it destroyed. I took such good care of it and when I traded it, it didn’t even have a scratch on it! I gave the new owner the information on the car and he is still building it back up. Anyone else have interesting stories like this?

Here’s the GTR the last day I had it before I traded it in.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

These are the pics the new owner sent me after he bought it at an aunction.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Sky Automotive design

Car Cloud Tire Wheel Sky

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,069 Posts
That would hurt if it had been mine.

Reactions: Cliff.1620

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,698 Posts
Never owned a GTR but looks sharp! That is discouraging to see something you cared for in that current state.
I am new to Sports Cars so I don't have any such tales to tell but that's not to say one of the cars I have sold didn't wind up in a similar fate but if so I am unaware of it.....probably better that way.

Reactions: Cliff.1620

·
Registered
282 Posts
My first super car was a new 2011 Nissan GTR. Yes I believe GTR’s are a super car but that’s another topic…. I dumped a bunch on money into it and modded it to be a full bolt on GTR running on E85. It was built up and tuned on EcuTek by RD Engineering. If I remember correctly it was dyno’ed at 636 hp and 610 tq to the wheels. Anyway, I sold it to Fletcher Jones Audi in Costa Mesa for an R8. A couple years later I get a message on IG asking if this was my car. This person bought it at an auction because it was crashed. He sent me the pics. Literally broke my heart! I loved that car so much and it hurt seeing it destroyed. I took such good care of it and when I traded it, it didn’t even have a scratch on it! I gave the new owner the information on the car and he is still building it back up. Anyone else have interesting stories like this?

Here’s the GTR the last day I had it before I traded it in.
View attachment 307422
View attachment 307421

These are the pics the new owner sent me after he bought it at an aunction.
View attachment 307423
View attachment 307426
View attachment 307425
View attachment 307424
I used to do sales at fletcher audi in Costa Mesa haha . Poor Gtr 😂

·
Registered
72 Posts
My first sports car was a 987 Porsche Cayman S. Loved that car. Cosmetically it looked like a Cayman R due to the factory aero kit. I got rear ended one night and the damage totaled the car.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

The car was repairable but I didn’t want a salvage title. Insurance cut me a check and I bought an M4.

A year or so later, I got a message from the new owner of my Cayman S on Facebook. The car had been restored to its former glory and apparently had found a good home. My name was still in the infotainment settings. The new owner contacted me to get an understanding of all the mods done to the car. He included a photo and it was nice to see the car in good shape.

I have considered getting back into a Cayman (like a GT4 or GT4RS) but I feel I have been forever spoiled by Lamborghini and Ferrari.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
My first project car was a 914 I did for the wife. Ran across it years later sitting in a carport about 10 miles for my house.
Mmm just realized all my project cars were for the wife, now working on one for my son. 🤔

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,069 Posts
The damage sure didn't look like a total, but I do understand you not wanting a salvaged title. I went from an early Cayman to a 2008 Gallardo, and that was it for me. I never looked back.

Reactions: RoadRonin

·
Registered
72 Posts
The damage sure didn't look like a total, but I do understand you not wanting a salvaged title. I went from an early Cayman to a 2008 Gallardo, and that was it for me. I never looked back.
I was also initially surprised when the insurance company gave me the update that they would total the car.

This happened late 2018. The car was a 2008 and had around 60K miles if I remember correctly. Perhaps more. It wasn’t worth all that much at that point. Maybe 25K. The damage was close to that amount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts