Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

does anyone else have semi erect doors !
i would really like to get more positive spring out of them and wondered if anyone had worked on this or wether i should just get new hydraulic rods ?

thks for any input !

pabs

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
jac said:
I had the same problem, put on new shocks, no improvement.
The shocks are what hold the doors up. Are you sure of the specs of the replacement shocks you used?

-mick

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have yet to replace a shock on may car - had them all regenerated - the 6 for the suspension, the 2 doors and the ones for the trunk/hood. Never had an issue since (going on 5 years now. The small shocks were about $10-15 each. Car stays original too.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
gday said:
The shocks are what hold the doors up. Are you sure of the specs of the replacement shocks you used?

-mick

Yes, I purchased the correct Lamborgini part. The doors stay up much better when is hot out. Not quit as good when it cold.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Jac - I have the same problem with the hood struts on my Testarossa. They work ok when it is warm, barely at all when it is cold. The problem may be that you are buying the Lambo spec part. The reason is that many of these struts have sat on dealer shelves for months or years and begun to lose their charge before you even get them. If they're like the Ferrari ones, they're not really freshly manufactured as you need them.

My solution on the Ferrari was to get all the numbers off of the struts (some of which usually indicate the closing force) and cross-reference them to a generic strut (in my case a NAPA part # available anywhere and cheap). The generic ones are relatively new and so still have full charge. This works much better. Or you can re-charge them as one poster recommended, but in our state there is no one I can find who does this type of service, so I had to buy new.

Also pay attention to the lister who asked you about your speakers. Any additional weight that you put in the door changes the counter-weight required in the strut and can cause drooping.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
great responses

i'm going the recharge route 1st, then the napa route 2nd as these should give me the peppiest doors
the struts from lambostuff are $80 so not too bad but i have a feeling they wont be much better

this forums a great resource

cg are you sure you have enought toys ? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
my 92 had droopy doors.. but when got the 98 sv, i noticed the door shokes were much better...
i guess the factory noticed the doors from owners coments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts