Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car has the non-powered seats. I can recline and I can move it front/back. No height/lumbar/bolster/anything else can be adjusted. If I move the seat back far enough to comfortably reach the throttle, brake, and steering wheel, then I'm unable to reach the full clutch throw. If I move it juuust close enough to fully depress the clutch, I wind up having to bend my ankle back to use the throttle. Over longer drives this results in pain of the extensor tendons on top of the foot.

Anybody else get this? Not sure how to go about fixing it. I dont know why they chose to put a reverse hinge pedal in this thing. Looked for special floormats that raise the heel up, looked for seat cushions to raise the height of the seat. Not sure if any of those would even fix it because of the stupid, almost-vertical, reverse hinge pedal design

Edit1: The clutch pedal throw cant be adjusted enough to solve this.
Edit2: I guess another solution would be something that attaches to the clutch pedal and brings it forward. Like a stack of hockey pucks or something. Thats safe, right? Lol.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
i think placing something on top of the pedal would be dangerous.
I wonder if you can change out all three pedals that have a different angel. something like a willwood pedal assembly that changes all the pedals.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took some measurements a few hours ago. I think I'm going to 3d print something that fits over the pedal, bolts onto it, and can have a rubber cover put over it for grip. I think that should work. Have to order filament since all I have is PLA.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Foot pain from pedal box... you are not alone.

I think you are on the right track designing altered pedal faces.
3d print plastic I do not think is robust enough; maybe you are saying you are making a prototype in 3d.

Good luck with your solution and project :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
My car has the non-powered seats. I can recline and I can move it front/back. No height/lumbar/bolster/anything else can be adjusted. If I move the seat back far enough to comfortably reach the throttle, brake, and steering wheel, then I'm unable to reach the full clutch throw. If I move it juuust close enough to fully depress the clutch, I wind up having to bend my ankle back to use the throttle. Over longer drives this results in pain of the extensor tendons on top of the foot.

Anybody else get this? Not sure how to go about fixing it. I dont know why they chose to put a reverse hinge pedal in this thing. Looked for special floormats that raise the heel up, looked for seat cushions to raise the height of the seat. Not sure if any of those would even fix it because of the stupid, almost-vertical, reverse hinge pedal design

Edit1: The clutch pedal throw cant be adjusted enough to solve this.
Edit2: I guess another solution would be something that attaches to the clutch pedal and brings it forward. Like a stack of hockey pucks or something. Thats safe, right? Lol.
Ah, once again, the benefits of Egear.....

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,330 Posts
Goat, you might also consider removing the seat and drilling the holes out slightly at an angle making the angle of your body and therefore your legs more to the right. I’m willing to bet your upper torso wouldn’t feel the difference but your legs would? The reason I think of this is some people with Diablos like mine put shims under the seat track for height adjustment because no height adjustment was originally available OEM. That might require a bracket or drilling through to the underneath bucket of the car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually ordered some metal bushings to give it a try. I cant understand their decision to not include height adjust.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nah, just common sense.
You don't think they ALL went paddle for no reason, do you?

1. I think its totally irrelevant to my thread
2. I think the vast majority go egear due to being unable to find a manual and/or budgetary reasons. I'd bet its 90% of people.
3. I personally dont understand why anyone would specifically seek out an automatic lamborghini over a manual one, but if you do, great. If I didnt want a manual, I'd skip the gallardo all together and just get a huracan. (In reality I'd skip Lamborghini entirely because automatic "fun" cars arent my thing). I buy cars for the driving experience and not to show off, so I want the manual because it offers the most driver engagement. The gallardo is the last manual lamborghini which can be used like a regular car (The murcielago being a pain to use on the road). If you like the egear, great, but I bought the manual because its what I wanted and my thread wasnt about manual vs egear. Not exactly the right thread for snide comments about transmissions.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,330 Posts
Goat, the reason I made my comment above is my Diablo seat is slightly center cockeyed toward the pedals, from the factory. My Diablo obviously being a manual has three petals well while my Gallardo I specifically wanted in egear. Putting myself in your shoes, pardon the pun, I see where the third pedal would get cramped as the seat positioning on my Gallardo seems rather parallel, straightforward. Play with the seat adjustment and/or angle in the coming weeks and maybe that will help. Very curious your solution. I have not driven a Countach but as memory memory serves your issue was also a complaint for some in that car.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Interesting discussion. Having carbon seats that only go forward and rearward and a gated manual I have had no issues of any kind with seat position or comfort or pedal issues of any kind. I am guessing it depends on your body structure.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting discussion. Having carbon seats that only go forward and rearward and a gated manual I have had no issues of any kind with seat position or comfort or pedal issues of any kind. I am guessing it depends on your body structure.
May I ask how tall you are? 5' 7" here. I can just barely see over the dash. Lol.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
May I ask how tall you are? 5' 7" here. I can just barely see over the dash. Lol.
5'11". Long arms and legs for my height. When I was measured for an ejection seat that was the first comment the sailer made. Have a friend a few inches taller than me and he has comfort issues in the Gallardo. I think it all depends on ones build.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Would a quality seat cushion elevating you a few inches and sitting closer help?
Yes, I actually have one. Just trying to solve the distance problem now. I'm printing the pedal extension at this very moment, so hopefully that fixes it

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Yes, I actually have one. Just trying to solve the distance problem now. I'm printing the pedal extension at this very moment, so hopefully that fixes it
Hope that works for you. Guessing you would have to sit too close without the pedal extension?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts