Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks just purchase a 1016 Bonnet for the EVO and has anyone else bought one that can advice on the below?

1. The gaps on the side seem quite wide but my shop is saying this is standard with aftermarket. Not sure I buy this...can anyone advise: all after-market has some degree of tolerance or I just have a specifically bad bonnet?

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Grille
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

2. On the front of bonnet it is uneven with the left side being higher then the right side when you close it shut. Shop is saying that this is issue with carbon and to be expected. I can't imagine this is the case. Any idea to explain the unevenness?

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Yes I know with after-market you are never going to get OEM fit and balance but this was a really great design and wanted to try it out.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I think you need to contact them and send pics. See what they say and hopefully they send out a replacement and it's end of story. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just looking at the OP's pics, you found a better installer and I think tht is the real issue here. Looking at the pics the frunk is not installed correctly.
Don’t think so as these guys have installed three other bonnet albeit they were on the 580 and not the EVO. Those look pretty good thus decide to pull trigger on the purchase even though did not see one on an EVO.

Anyway have told my distributor that would like a replacement one as looking at @ArancioEVO post his is perfect. Pretty sure now it’s just a one off bad mold maybe I got.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,576 Posts
I would find Those tolerances to be unacceptable, there is no excuse for that kind of workmanship.

·
Vendor
2,153 Posts
I think the poor fitment of the hood you have, may allow for water to leak into the luggage compartment which can potentially cause damage to the electronics which will void you warranty. Figured I mention this since you asked if lowering springs would void your warranty in another thread.

This is a carbon hood I got made for a Aventador customer.
Way cheaper and way better fitment.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi folks just purchase a 1016 Bonnet for the EVO and has anyone else bought one that can advice on the below?

1. The gaps on the side seem quite wide but my shop is saying this is standard with aftermarket. Not sure I buy this...can anyone advise if it is: gaps with all 1016 bonnet, all after-market has some degree of gap, or I just have a specifically bad bonnet?

View attachment 304230 View attachment 304231

2. On the front of bonnet it is uneven with the left side being higher then the right side when you close it shut. Shop is saying that this is issue with carbon and to be expected. I can't imagine this is the case. Would a logical explanation be that that side was bent in shipping or during production to account for the different heights on either side?

View attachment 304232

Yes I know with after-market you are never going to get OEM fit and balance but this was a really great design and wanted to try it out. Now I am wondering if should stayed with OEM.
I mean it seems to be 1 of 2 issues. Either 1016 messed up with the hood (which is possible) or your installer messed up (which is also possible). I would contact 1016 first and send them pics and the should be able to identify what the issue is. If they say the installer didn't do it properly then take it to the installer, show him the gaps and explain to them what 1016 said.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think the poor fitment of the hood you have, may allow for water to leak into the luggage compartment which can potentially cause damage to the electronics which will void you warranty. Figured I mention this since you asked if lowering springs would void your warranty in another thread.

This is a carbon hood I got made for a Aventador customer.
Way cheaper and way better fitment.

Yeah in hindsight should of gone with you as looking at your track record on the forum everyone been pretty happy with your quality.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts