Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the UK and coming over to the West Coast for last week of July + Aug and would like to take in some car events. What events are there "not to miss"?

I did see some photos of a Santa Monica 'running of the Bulls' but unsure whether its an annual event (?)

Thanks

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would also say if you happen to be in LA or Southern CA then for sure the original cars and coffee

Cars and Coffee™ Irvine - Directions (every Saturday in my city year-round)

and in Los Angeles Supercar Sunday

SuperCarSunday.com (first Sunday of every month)

are worth attending.

Let us know if you do end up going to any of these events, there are some very hospitable people on here and it would be cool to link-up.

-Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in the UK and coming over to the West Coast for last week of July + Aug and would like to take in some car events. What events are there "not to miss"?
I agree with DJANTLIVE above… Monterey car week. Look up the Concorso d'Italiano first off, for one of the great all-Italian car gatherings anywhere. Then check out the Monterey Historic races at Laguna Seca one day (I prefer Friday practice and qualifying day over the race days Sat/Sun because the old cars haven't yet broken down!). Maybe take in one of the car auctions that week (R&M, Russo & Steele, Mecum). One of the best things to do is just to be in downtown Carmel for the Concours on the Avenue (Tuesday). Cars from the Concours to the races parade downtown and park all over Carmel. Its the world best free car show, plus great food and people. This all happens over a week in mid-August. Here's a link:
Monterey Car Week, Monterey, California, your only source for complete events schedules and local information.*

Two pics of the Concorso d'Italiano 2 years ago, and one from the pits at Laguna Seca

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many Thanks for the recommendations, i'm currently planning my schedule and this will be a great help.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts