Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys~ Is there a way to adjust the power steering stiffness on a Gallardo? Mine is a 2013 550-2, I am sure the power steering fluid is good.Still, It's way too stiff/heavy compared to my MP4-12C, making daily driving exhausting.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Have you ever compared it to another 550-2? I also have a 2013 550-2 and don't find the power steering stiff or difficult at all. Everyone's perception of difficulty is different, so you should really do a side by side comparison to make sure nothing is wrong. I don't think you are local, otherwise I'd let you have seat time in mine.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey guys~ Is there a way to adjust the power steering stiffness on a Gallardo? Mine is a 2013 550-2, I am sure the power steering fluid is good.Still, It's way too stiff/heavy compared to my MP4-12C, making daily driving exhausting.
Too much scrub radius in the suspension versus the tire patch location can make it heavier.

A tire is supposed to pivot around its contact patch center when turning.

Also, if it is mainly while in motion, the trail may be set too aggressively.

Also if in motion, the wheels and tires being too heavy can contribute to this, due to gyroscopic effect. They experienced the opposite of this when the Ferrari Testarossa changed to the TR, and had lighter wheels and tires and maybe even less mass in the brake rotors, but I know for certain less in the wheels and tires. Drivers noted it felt far more nimble and quick than it did the year prior.

If you have no affection for several thousand dollars, you can get some Ceika custom carbon fiber barrel wheels made in the right offset and size to place your pivot point in the exact center of your tires' contact patches. Then, see the wonders of wheels with exceedingly light external circumferences. If you really want to feel the power, add some Ceika carbon-ceramic brake rotors and properly matched pads to the mix, and maybe even the brake calipers.

The nice thing about top-shelf equipment is that you find out if you really suck as a driver.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Too much scrub radius in the suspension versus the tire patch location can make it heavier.

A tire is supposed to pivot around its contact patch center when turning.

Also, if it is mainly while in motion, the trail may be set too aggressively.

Also if in motion, the wheels and tires being too heavy can contribute to this, due to gyroscopic effect. They experienced the opposite of this when the Ferrari Testarossa changed to the TR, and had lighter wheels and tires and maybe even less mass in the brake rotors, but I know for certain less in the wheels and tires. Drivers noted it felt far more nimble and quick than it did the year prior.

If you have no affection for several thousand dollars, you can get some Ceika custom carbon fiber barrel wheels made in the right offset and size to place your pivot point in the exact center of your tires' contact patches. Then, see the wonders of wheels with exceedingly light external circumferences. If you really want to feel the power, add some Ceika carbon-ceramic brake rotors and properly matched pads to the mix, and maybe even the brake calipers.

The nice thing about top-shelf equipment is that you find out if you really suck as a driver.

My goal is to always be faster than my car. I absolutely marvel at the fighter-pilot-level of skill that F1 drivers possess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts