Lamborghini Talk banner
221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,977 Posts
This is why I avoid Alcantara as it'll look like this if you have sweaty palms and wring the steering wheel too much. I didn't have this problem in my GT4 but made sure to wash my hands before driving

View attachment 305896
It is not for every driver, but that type of wear could have been avoided with proper care, treatment and/or gloves.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It is not for every driver, but that type of wear could have been avoided with proper care, treatment and/or gloves.
Agree. This is the method I used on my GT4's Alcantara

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
This is why I avoid Alcantara as it'll look like this if you have sweaty palms and wring the steering wheel too much. I didn't have this problem in my GT4 but made sure to wash my hands before driving

View attachment 305896
That pic looks like something else happened to that wheel other then hand contact. The "singed" look is on the entire wheel evenly. Is that your car? Looks like it was over scrubbed or too much of some kind of caustic cleaner applied.

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
That pic looks like something else happened to that wheel other then hand contact. The "singed" look is on the entire wheel evenly. Is that your car? Looks like it was over scrubbed or too much of some kind of caustic cleaner applied.
The key is prevention. It takes a little more work but it is worth it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
ehhhhh I bought a 997.1 GT3 about 5 years ago that had 6k miles, it looked just like that steering wheel. The owner had no respect for washing his greasy hands and when the alcantara gets moist with sweat...do not wring it out when driving! I had to replace the steering wheel via core swap.
Vehicle Speedometer Car Gear shift Motor vehicle

Reactions: Loxo

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,082 Posts
@kotykb, pay absolutely no attention to them........it's the material. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,082 Posts
The other thing with Alcantara, the seats always look like an unmade bed.........just sloppy and unkempt.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,082 Posts
As to the later, there is no debate that I can see..........LEATHER!!!! :giggle:

·
Registered
273 Posts
The de facto debate on RL was always LWBs vs Sofas. Looks like on this forum it's alcantara vs. leather.
Its buckets or bust! That's why when I saw the EVO RWD offered the new carbon seats, I was sold. Without the carbon seats I'm not sure if I would have ordered an EVO, likely gone with a used Perf. The coolest feeling is locking yourself into the 5 point harness+hans device and taking it on the track. You can brake as hard as you can into a corner and your body doesn't move, its incredible. Without buckets and the harness, you're spending so much effort trying to not slide around in the seat.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Reactions: Loxo

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,082 Posts
The Porsche buckets are the ticket, and if you are used to getting in and out of a Porsche with buckets then a Lamborghini with Sport Seats is a veritable cake walk.

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
Its buckets or bust! That's why when I saw the EVO RWD offered the new carbon seats, I was sold. Without the carbon seats I'm not sure if I would have ordered an EVO, likely gone with a used Perf. The coolest feeling is locking yourself into the 5 point harness+hans device and taking it on the track. You can brake as hard as you can into a corner and your body doesn't move, its incredible. Without buckets and the harness, you're spending so much effort trying to not slide around in the seat. View attachment 305900
I love the 5 point harness. Those buckets look about to be the same depth as the Sport seats.
Car Vehicle Gear shift Window Automotive design

Reactions: kotykb and Blu Bull

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,082 Posts
The side bolsters on the Porsche bucket seats are higher than on the Sport Seats.

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
I just think the sport seat not only looks better, but it looks like better support to me. I have never sat in the Porsche seats, but I wouldn't want to change a thing about the sport seats.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,082 Posts
I just think the sport seat not only looks better, but it looks like better support to me. I have never sat in the Porsche seats, but I wouldn't want to change a thing about the sport seats.
Yes, agree X2. In fact, the Sports Seats look WAY better!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yes, agree X2. In fact, the Sports Seats look WAY better!
For me buying an Evo with the "sofas" is like buying a Huracan 1.5, the Evo featured the sport seats and its what will separate it from the previous iteration of the Huracan. The Porsche buckets have very steep side walls but it really keeps you locked in when taking corners, the Evo sport seats are a blend of a sofa and bucket, probably the best of both worlds for a non-track car.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,082 Posts
Agree, and the attractive design/styling of the Sport Seats is far superior to the buckets.

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
221 - 240 of 241 Posts