Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very close to placing an order for a Huracan. I live in Manhattan and would like to get some feedback from any owners who live here as well. I'm primarily worried that I will not use it as much as I'd like to and that it will end up sitting in my parking garage, accruing me large monthly fees.

• Where do you park your car? Do you store it outside of Manhattan during the winter? My parking garage will accept the car, although I will be responsible for taking it in and out (it's usually a valet service).
  • How often do you use your Lamborghini and do you only drive it when you are taking it outside of Manhattan?
  • Do you regret having one in Manhattan due to the poor quality of the streets, traffic, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I live outside of Manhattan but work in Manhattan and driving the car has been fine. My concern would be the crosstown avenues, but I'm mostly on the Westside and straight into a garage-> office ->garage-> home. Feels so good to get into the car and drive at the end of a long day!

Sent from my SM-T867V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
You should consider getting your car to an storage place for the winter if you're not going to use it. There're some close to Manhattan like Clubhouse Garage or Hudson Stables. They will keep your car in a battery tender and it will be cheaper than a garage where the car can be hit by another car when parking. I live in Manhattan and I know how much it's to keep your car in a NY garage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hudson Stables. I've gotten flats in my daily in Manhattan from potholes in the nicer neighborhoods. Unless it's the highways to go to CT, I tend to avoid the other streets, usually.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should consider getting your car to an storage place for the winter if you're not going to use it. There're some close to Manhattan like Clubhouse Garage or Hudson Stables. They will keep your car in a battery tender and it will be cheaper than a garage where the car can be hit by another car when parking. I live in Manhattan and I know how much it's to keep your car in a NY garage.
Thanks - yes I'm waiting on a response from the garage to see if they'll even accept it. Currently they are saying if they accept it they will not valet it for me. I plan on keeping it outside of Manhattan in the winter months.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I lived in Manhattan for 20 years and parked many different vehicles in garages (mostly on the Upper East). Be aware the garage will charge an "Exotic Surcharge" for your car. I have seen monthly's ranging from 800-1800 dollars a Month. The good and bad thing about the VIP parking for Exotics is that is usually right up front, this equals easy access to get out but also your car is on display for every guy to drool all over it :oops:. Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I lived in Manhattan for 20 years and parked many different vehicles in garages (mostly on the Upper East). Be aware the garage will charge an "Exotic Surcharge" for your car. I have seen monthly's ranging from 800-1800 dollars a Month. The good and bad thing about the VIP parking for Exotics is that is usually right up front, this equals easy access to get out but also your car is on display for every guy to drool all over it :oops:. Good luck with your purchase.
Yes, my garage is charging an extra $415 a month for exotics due to insurance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've seen garages that charge $800 for a normal car and add $450 for exotics, and the best part is they don't touch your car because of insurance policy. The best is you can do is to find a storage for your car, usually outside of Manhattan, where the car will be treated as a queen with it's own battery tender, climate controlled and access 24h.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Check Paddock in Manhattan, it's a storage for this kind of vehicles. I don't know the prices for this place but an average an storage place will charge you around $400 for month, cheaper and secure than a normal garage.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Check Paddock in Manhattan, it's a storage for this kind of vehicles. I don't know the prices for this place but an average an storage place will charge you around $400 for month, cheaper and secure than a normal garage.
Just emailed them. I'm going to guess it's well over $400 a month since they are in Manhattan but will report back. The ones I've found for around $400 are in NJ or in BK.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey just checking how the find went. Any luck with the storage facilities?
Yes so here is what i found:

1) Paddock on UES is $750 a month plus tax (so almost $900 after tax)
2) Hudson Stables is $595 but it's in NJ
3) I found a very interesting listing where they are selling condoized. indoor parking spots on 69th street. Each spot is listed at $199k and you pay around $380 per month for taxes and maintenance; you can rent it out when you aren't using it.
4) My building parking quoted me around $1025 per month but I'm in the process of negotiating this.

·
Registered
20 Posts

3) I found a very interesting listing where they are selling condoized. indoor parking spots on 69th street. Each spot is listed at $199k and you pay around $380 per month for taxes and maintenance; you can rent it out when you aren't using it.
4) My building parking quoted me around $1025 per month but I'm in the process of negotiating this.
Check Clubhouse Garage, it's in Kearny, NJ but I know the price is $350, tell them Jose it's sending you and they will give you a little discount.

·
Registered
159 Posts

Paddock pricing is not unreasonable at all considering the love and care they provide over a parking corporation. A valet just banged my friend's 5 series against a pillar and then claimed the damage was already there when you could see yellow paint on the damaged bumper.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.