Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a set of Novitec's sport spring kit for my Aventador S. Anyone have experience with this kit on their mag-ride equipped Aventador and can quickly comment on how it affects ride quality?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Cant comment on the ride quality, but every AV owner that I've talked to that has it lowered has always been Novitec, havent heard of any other option and no complaints.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cant comment on the ride quality, but every AV owner that I've talked to that has it lowered has always been Novitec, havent heard of any other option and no complaints.
i ridden in oem and novitec springs ride quality is like stock, only problem would be scrapping imo..
other option is cut 1 coil on the spring or lower the perches.
here what i did 2020 aventador s. drop about 1 inches all around (still have travel w/ oem bumpstop. novitec come with shorter bumperstop for their lowering kit.
this mod is great if you just want slight lowering, if you want more aggressive drop. i would get the novitec kit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i ridden in oem and novitec springs ride quality is like stock, only problem would be scrapping imo..
other option is cut 1 coil on the spring or lower the perches.
here what i did 2020 aventador s. drop about 1 inches all around (still have travel w/ oem bumpstop. novitec come with shorter bumperstop for their lowering kit.
this mod is great if you just want slight lowering, if you want more aggressive drop. i would get the novitec kit.
View attachment 289240
Thanks for the input - I looked at the rear shock on my car and visually it like there's only a tiny bit of adjustment possible. Looks might be deceiving though - you were able to lower ~1" all around just by adjusting the perches?

I offer these wholesale if you need them
Shoot me a DM if you don't mind.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the input - I looked at the rear shock on my car and visually it like there's only a tiny bit of adjustment possible. Looks might be deceiving though - you were able to lower ~1" all around just by adjusting the perches?

Shoot me a DM if you don't mind.
Max it all out. As you see in the pic.. the lock bottom collar i leave barely by 2 threads enough to lock..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Max it all out. As you see in the pic.. the lock bottom collar i leave barely by 2 threads enough to lock..
Ya I understand what you're saying, it's just that the rear shock on my car looks almost maxed out as it sits from the factory... I will have to have my shop look at it. If a 1" drop is possible just by adjustment that is probably going to be enough for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ya I understand what you're saying, it's just that the rear shock on my car looks almost maxed out as it sits from the factory... I will have to have my shop look at it. If a 1" drop is possible just by adjustment that is probably going to be enough for me.
the locking colar do not support the weight, tell the shop don't be scare just back it all the way out and only turn in 2 turn catch the thread is enough to lock it.. i was thinking remove colar itself.
anyway make sure spring is seat correct on the rubber because you getting rid all the preload.
aftermarket sleeve kit would have helper spring to address this.
good luck. lmk

·
Registered
2019 SVJ
21 Posts
I'm running Novitec 1" drop sport springs on a SVJ. Ride quality is stock. But it is lowwwwww. Just be have to be a little more careful.

Reactions: yamanote

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
the locking colar do not support the weight, tell the shop don't be scare just back it all the way out and only turn in 2 turn catch the thread is enough to lock it.. i was thinking remove colar itself.
anyway make sure spring is seat correct on the rubber because you getting rid all the preload.
aftermarket sleeve kit would have helper spring to address this.
good luck. lmk
Got it thank you! Can you confirm you were able to lower the fronts on your Aventador S, equipped with front-lift and magnetic ride? Any issues with lift functionality or ride height sensors?

Someone elsewhere mentioned it isn't possible to adjust the front coils on cars with front lift but they may be wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad you asked this question. I'm getting a set installed as soon as my 1221 Wheels show up and was a little concerned about the ride quality myself. I have a 2006 Ford GT that I lowered so I'm already used to the low stance on cars like this, but it does get nerve-wracking in certain situations. At least the Aventador has the lift.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts