Lamborghini Talk banner

Any 458 Owners?

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  AntsLambo 
#1 · (Edited)
So I'll start off by saying that I absolutely love my 03 Murcielago. I know I'll probably get kicked off of the forum for saying this, but I've always wanted to own a Ferrari. Maybe it's the gorgeous fall nights here in Kansas, and the fact that I actually like convertibles over coupes, but I've lately caught my eye drifting, and I've even thought of selling my Murci and getting a 458 Spider.
However, don't ever think I could bring myself to sell my Murci as it's a stock manual car (besides exhaust), and the trim and color that I've always wanted. It's not a museum quality car, but it's in good shape. Additionally, in terms of manual supercars, there's a big price gap between the Murci and other cars in it's level (Diablo, F-40, F-50, etc).
Anyways, with that being said, I'm curious if there are folks on here that have owned or also own a 458 in addition to the Murci. I'm curious to hear the pros, cons, and which car is more enjoyable. Potential investment value aside, if you could only have one, which would it be?
Oh yea... and please don't ban me for this. 😁

#2 ·
The 458 seems to be the Ferrari to buy right now. Styling wise a 458 is much nicer than the 488 and F8 in my mind, plus the NA motor. My friend had a 458 Spider for about 2 years and liked it. The car looked good. If I had a 458 I would take it to places I never dream of taking the Murci, such as parking it in a parking lot and going inside a restaurant. The aspect of not worrying about putting miles on the car, how the weather is or where to park is a plus for the 458. Others that have owned both will have more to say but this is my 2 cents.

An 03 with 16K miles just sold over 280K in Oregon according to a post on this forum today! Find a local 458 and take it for a test drive, then you will be able to make the right decision for yourself.

#3 ·
I have a 458 Speciale and a MurcieSV...
Completely different driving experiences.
458 will be light, nimble, playful and kick the tail loose.
Murcie is heavy brute power with massive presence and V12 symphony.
If you could add and keep both, they really compliment polar opposites of the spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I own both. As plastique999 said, totally different cars, every time I take out the murcie it's an event just for its presence and attention it gets, but it feels big and heavy, the 458 feels nimble and light and fun to drive with the electronic stability control off, but it doesn't come with a stick shift, I still worry about parking the 458 in the parking lot and going into a restaurant, it still attracts attention just not as much as the murcie.

#6 ·
This might sound odd, but am I the only one that prefers the 458 over the 488... Now that I think about it, I might not be the only one considering it's N/A engine.

#7 ·
you arent the only one. I think the 458 looks and sounds much better then the 488. i might get slapped for saying this but i actually think the 430 looks a little better then the 458, at least from the back. i know this isnt ferrari chat but the 430 is a much more raw car to drive then the 458 IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.