Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just swapped out my battery this weekend. The battery size for our LP640s is an H6 size. With that said, here is Antigravity's H6 battery.

H6/Group-48 Lithium Car Battery

Note - I just threw in a high quality AGM battery from the local parts store for a fraction of the cost (only about $199). Works great!

Reactions: shin19999

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Antigravity battery isn't needed and super expensive IMHO. Just look for a high quality AGM battery at your local battery store with the highest CCA you can find. I think mine was only like CCA 760 and works perfectly. If you can find one higher all the better.

Reactions: shin19999

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just swapped out my battery this weekend. The battery size for our LP640s is an H6 size. With that said, here is Antigravity's H6 battery.

H6/Group-48 Lithium Car Battery

Note - I just threw in a high quality AGM battery from the local parts store for a fraction of the cost (only about $199). Works great!
So it was definitely H6? Which brand did you go with? I'm getting H8 on matches like Advanced Auto's website, which I do not trust.

·
Registered
79 Posts
So it was definitely H6? Which brand did you go with? I'm getting H8 on matches like Advanced Auto's website, which I do not trust.
Correct. It's an H6. I was running into the same issue with the online auto part stores. It's 100% an H6 and it barely fits at that.

I had to pull mine out to determine the size before I bought one since I couldn't find a source that showed it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks 6speed. Yeah it's even more confusing in that some are marketed as H6 and some are marketed as Group 48, but not every Group 48 I'm seeing are same dimensions as H6!

Batteries Plus, which does not list H6 but does list Group 48, I was thinking this one: X2Power Premium AGM 775CCA BCI Group 48 Car and Truck Battery - SLI48AGMDP

You have any other recommendations? I was hoping to get 800+ CCA which that doesn't have (haven't 100% confirmed this but research suggests the OEM battery is 800 CCA). Diehard and Duralast are 760. Optima has 800 but guy at store told me they have lots of problems with that brand since they moved manufacturing to Mexico.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Exactly. That was the same debacle I was running into on determining. I ended up with just a Duralast Platinum AGM battery with 760 CCA. I wanted the 800+ CCA too, but wasn't able to find one local in that size in AGM. I settled on the the 760 CCA and honestly, it works just fine... I wouldn't worry about it. The one you sent over looks a little better than mine. However, I spent about $100 less and it's basically the same battery in my personal opinion.

You should be fine in whatever direction you go with!

·
Registered
103 Posts
We had Antigravity Lithium H6 battery on our LP640 roadster(egear) - we immediately noticed issues with late shifting gears, radio issues, and electronics that did Not get along with this battery. We ended up going back to our trusty AGM Interstate MTX-48/H6 (45lb battery) and its been 2yrs running great. The Deka 9A48 AGM Intimidator also works well on the LP640.

·
Registered
122 Posts
6speed, yeah I agree it's almost definitely not worth the extra $100 for that one I ordered given the meager CCA gain. However, I couldn't confirm where the auto stores were manufacturing theirs, so I'm ok with spending more to definitely get made in USA. Plus X2 uses non-recycled lead.

Carloz, that was a concern I had about lithium. Sure, in theory should make no difference but for a finicky LP640 which on average is about 15 years old, any kind of variation in current could screw things up. While I would be happy to pay 2.5x the price for a battery that lasts multiples longer, not to mention weighs immensely less, I think they're too much of a risk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts