Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Do any of you make use of any additional anti-theft devices or accessories other than the immobilizer that comes with the car. Are there any recommendations or comments regarding the necessity of such devices. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,266 Posts
If mine gets stolen I get paid 50K over the current value, not that I want it to happen, but if it were to, I'm covered! With Grundy you just give them the amount you want to be paid if it get stolen and they quote you accordingly.

·
Registered
138 Posts
More serious criminals favor what's known as "lift-away theft": a group of beefy lads drive around in a large vehicle and, upon spotting a desirable target, lift the unlucky two-wheeler, locks and all, into their truck. Your best bet against this is to secure your machine to an immovable object, such as a permanent structure or in-ground anchor. This isn't always practical, but it's the superior way to stop thieves from rolling your ride away.

For equipment, make sure you get quality stuff. For instance, cheapie locks sport diecast components that're easily defeated with common hand tools. Better locks have hardened steel shackles and cylinders that require torches or grinders to remove.
=============
Office Chairs | Chairs
Lift away thefts typically are bikes.... but remember that even with locks, some high tech crooks are using liquid nitrogen to freeze the steel then smack it with a hammer... that's how they break Kryptonite bike locks.

My BIL had his Lincoln stolen... the crooks towed it up onto a flatbed and took the whole car so they could break into it at their leisure.

LoJack is best for sure.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
would u really park it unattended anyway? i wouldnt and arent your garages alarmed, locked heated etc?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts