Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any scam on ebay for these wheels?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=7991137783&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

I seem to think that these were on several previous auctions. The pictures look very familiar.

I won them for $2700, which is very low. The auction stated the item was in the US - Las Vegas, but when I wanted to pick them up (because I was in Las Vegas on vacation) the guy told me they were in Europe. He said that he is selling them for his brother in Manchester. I get a good feeling that this is a scam.

·
Registered
41 Posts
"0" feedback - high ticket item not good
He doesnt even have the rims - very not good
Private auction - real Bad
i wouldn't doubt that the other bids could be fake to raise the price for this scam.
Don't send this crook $1, its a total scam

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I believe this is a scam because I recognize the floor of my friends garage here in Switzerland.
The seller is not serious, he writes "item location USA", well it's not therefore report this to ebay!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. BTW if u want murci wheels I may have a bargin, my mechanic is doing a camerea + new rims on a 05 Roadster. I can find out what the guy wants for the old rims and pm u.

I make it a policy never to buy anthing over $100 on ebay. Stuff like a key chain or something is OK, but way too many scams...

Raymond - you recongnize the floor! Too funny. I guess the "S" in your profile name is for "Sherlock", as in Holmes - nice going.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no intention of giving this guy any money. I've been playing with him for several weeks now. His last communication with me suggested to use www.escrow.com for the transaction.

Looks like a safe place until they start asking for you bank account numbers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
there is good informaton here: http://www.SOS4auctions.com

"But there are some obvious signs of trouble. Consumers should never buy or sell items to a consumer who insists on using a specific escrow service. Propose an alternative — if that disturbs the other party, they are almost certainly con artists.

If the escrow service and the seller appear to be working closely together, that’s also a bad sign. One victim MSNBC spoke to got instructions on how to send money to the escrow company from the seller’s e-mail address, for example.

And wiring money to a bank outside the country is always a bad idea, experts say."

also more :Bait and Switch

How the scam works:

Both parties agree to use Escrow.com. One party then tries to start the transaction on a fraudulent site, claiming that the site is an affiliate of Escrow.com.

Protection:

Always go directly to Escrow.com. Do not believe claims that another escrow site is related to Escrow.com. Never do business with an individual that has recommended a fraudulent site.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I asked my friend about the wheels, funny enough he has the same floor but the auction he made had other pictures.

Anyway it's not inspiring confidence when a seller in USA tries to sell goods which are in UK and is not telling this in the auction.

The price respectively the limit was very not to say too low for a set of Murci wheels.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm glad to know that it wasn't your friend Raymond...however, it is a nice floor, marble I think.

I sure this was a scam because the last email I sent, I asked if I could see the wheels and pay cash no matter where they were in the world, and also asked if he moved them to China this time. I haven't heard anything for about a week.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glen,
Thanks, but I was just trying to make a profit on them. If the auction was real, I would have made over $1500. No such luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts