Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I don't pack to much stuff in my 1st post. First this forum is so valuable to folks like me just learning about the brand and the different options avaliable with these amazing creations! I live in San Diego and have been retired for a few years now. I currently own a 13' 911S and hoping it morphs into a new RWD Huracan EVO. I purchased my 911 in 2016 and am shocked at what KBB and some others are putting on its value. I would have never considered ordering a new Huracan but in this market it seems like the most logical step. Here are a few/many questions:

I've gone to the SD Lambo dealer in LaJolla. They spec'd out a new build and said it would only be a $10k deposit. If the lead time for delivery is 6-8months(SA said 5) I can order a new one and see if the pre-owned market calms down a bit and determine if more inventory at more reasonable values becomes avaliable. It seems like very little to risk. In CA a dealer legally cannot keep your deposit for any reason if you don't take the car. If the market continues to be hot then I just take delivery of a new one. Am I thinking through this correctly?

I've read through pretty much everyone's builds on this sub forum and it's really helped me a lot. I want a "Matte" black or grey and as soon as I said that two different SA shook their heads at the same time and said..."it's much better to order glossy and then do a full body satin wrap". They reasoned that the matte black(Nero Nemsis) is already a $12k upgrade and it's not that good anyway. They claimed I could accomplish same by ordering glossy and wrap in satin. I've seen a lot of pictures and the wrap does look great. I'm definitely going to get whatever car I get fully wrapped so this would save me $12k. I love San Diego but our roads....geez. I would really appreciate opinions on what they are telling me and also if anyone has opinions of the dealership?

My proposed build is similar to many on this forum. Driver and Lifestyle package, upgraded sound, Narvi forged 20", orange CCB, orange stitching, Apple carplay, CC, front end lift. I opted for the sport seats. I just love the look of them and have yet to sit in them, hopefully I'll get a chance before the order is complete. I do quite a bit of sim racing and sit in a rally race seat for hours and with a little lumbar pillow I have very few issues. I'm not the biggest guy at 5'8" 155lbs soaking wet.

There is a really active cars and coffee by my house in Rancho Santa Fe, hopefully I'll spot a few Huracans tomorrow! I really appreciate any opinions/suggestions/advice you all can offer.

Thanks!!

Mike

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
352 Posts
I think the SAs are giving you good advice. Gloss back is a no cost color and full satin PPF would probably give you a similar look and protect the car. If you order matte black paint, what will you do about protecting it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the SAs are giving you good advice. Gloss back is a no cost color and full satin PPF would probably give you a similar look and protect the car. If you order matte black paint, what will you do about protecting it?
I would still get it wrapped in a clear PPF. Our roads in San Diego are largely crappy asphalt which breaks up very easily and creates millions of little projectiles after every sprinkle. I did an autocross with my 911 and thanks goodness I had it wrapped.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
michael..i would do gloss paint.
Satin wrap easily installed easily removed....way cheaper and same effect.
Matte finish paint job very tough to keep nice.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,573 Posts
Sounds like you’ve done your homework quite well. Good luck, and you won’t believe what an incredible car the EVO RWD is.

2006m5 makes a very good point.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I would still get it wrapped in a clear PPF. Our roads in San Diego are largely crappy asphalt which breaks up very easily and creates millions of little projectiles after every sprinkle. I did an autocross with my 911 and thanks goodness I had it wrapped.
Yeah, and paint repair on matte is supposedly very difficult, maybe even have to repaint an entire panel to get it right. So matte paint + clear PPF would be 16.5K + maybe 5K. Whereas gloss paint and satin PPF would be the 5K only.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Michael, I was at my dealer today and was told lead time on a matte finish is 12 months. As everyone else said a satin or matte ppf would be the smart route to go.

·
Registered
2020 Huracan EVO RWD
65 Posts
Best of luck. Agree with all above. Sport seats are the way to go. Love them and actually help the back. I daily drive mine and have taken several hour trips and don’t mind the seats. I have Grigio lynx (dark grey) and am looking at getting a matte PPF similar to as suggested. Too many rock chips. Quotes I’ve gotten from 3 places including a Lamborghini dealership which brings a third party in average 6.5k so that is still a savings on the 12k factory matte. I have the lifestyle pack. I jokingly tell people it’s the 3k cup holder option but I think it also includes the behind the seats cargo net which I use everyday and the glass bonnet over the engine. Huge improvement in rear visibility and it’s nice to be able to see that beautiful engine in there. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,436 Posts
Sounds great Mike! Nice specs, plus only a 10K deposit that is very reasonable. When do you intend to place the order?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hope to order in the next couple of weeks. I am doing a test drive on Tuesday and I'd really like to see a few more Huracans. I have to get final clearance from the CEO(wife) but that's never been an issue. My biggest issue is about my guilt of owning something so expensive. My wife and I are both from very humble beginnings and every time I make a big purchase I beat myself up about spending so much $. Never in my wildest dreams would I think I'd be in a position to own a car like this when I was growing up. We have been blessed for sure and have worked really hard to be able to retire comfortably. Thanks for all the comments...i'll get up from my therapy couch now!

·
Registered
20 Giallo Auge Urus | 2021 Verde Scandal SVJ | 2021 STO Arancio Atlas/Verde Mantis
329 Posts
Your next step is finding which seat you like better. Sport vs comfort. That’s more personal preference. All the best and treat your self.
Only question I have is are you going to sell the 911?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your next step is finding which seat you like better. Sport vs comfort. That’s more personal preference. All the best and treat your self.
Only question I have is are you going to sell the 911?
I'm definitely going with sport seats. My question is if the sport seats come in alcantera? I just love the look of the sport seats and would kick myself if I didn't get them. I'll definitely be selling the 911. It's been a great car and I still enjoy driving it very much! I hope the next owner enjoys it as much as I have!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sport seats can be ordered in alcantara or leather.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,436 Posts
I'm definitely going with sport seats. My question is if the sport seats come in alcantera? I just love the look of the sport seats and would kick myself if I didn't get them. I'll definitely be selling the 911. It's been a great car and I still enjoy driving it very much! I hope the next owner enjoys it as much as I have!
Mike, this is a brochure you may find helpful on the Sports Seats that Russ was kind enough to post a while back.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live in San Diego part time and decided to visit the local dealer but unfortunately I had a horrible experience at the La Jolla dealership. Went with my wife to the La Jolla dealership and was basically ignored for 15 minutes (we are young and dress very casual) and it was apparent we were not their ideal clients. We had much better experience with Lamborghini Newport beach and Las Vegas. Congrats on being able to get the wife on board and you'll love the car!

·
Registered
20 Giallo Auge Urus | 2021 Verde Scandal SVJ | 2021 STO Arancio Atlas/Verde Mantis
329 Posts
I live in San Diego part time and decided to visit the local dealer but unfortunately I had a horrible experience at the La Jolla dealership. Went with my wife to the La Jolla dealership and was basically ignored for 15 minutes (we are young and dress very casual) and it was apparent we were not their ideal clients. We had much better experience with Lamborghini Newport beach and Las Vegas. Congrats on being able to get the wife on board and you'll love the car!
That’s suck.
Lamborghini Newport Beach is selling SVJ for $50k over so just be aware.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm so sorry to read this. I actually showed up in flip flops, t-shirt and ball cap, which honestly is my normal attire now 95% of the time. I was greeted warmly by a few young SA's. I actually made a comment about how casual I was dressed and the response was "most of our clients actually dress like you.." not sure it was SA speech. I will definitely make the trip up to Newport to at least have a chat with them also.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts